Is The Skookum Cast Still Considered To Be A Potential Bigfoot Lay?

I don't believe that manner of exit of an elk rising from ground was ever seen in the impression which is more odd than no BF tracks rolling up to the edge if you ask me.

That's because Meldrum was looking for signs of an Elk sitting on it's legs rather than an Elk laying on it's side.

An Elk laying on it's side isn't going to have hoof prints within the impression, they're going to be off to the side where it rolls over to get up.

Elk laying on it's side:

sw8caw.jpg

Elk stands up next to the impression it just made:

nh1fyr.jpg

2vwb9uc.jpg

The Skookum cast has loads of hoof prints next to the impression.

Edited by roguefooter

In addition to the above post, here are a couple of holes that I suspect are hoof prints that are right next to the impression:

ojfqqh.jpg

you need at least four hoof prints pointing all in the same direction. I've seen a better illustration and there are indeed elk tracks at the edge of the impressions but they are helter skelter in all directions which makes me conclude they were there first before something smashed most of them.

i still say in all probability its a bear that laid down in there to get the bait, way more gregarious than an elk, way better sniffer. But I found Swindler to be compelling with his statements too.

I said before and Ill say again, we need a body to prove existence but in the small chance that cast IS a Sasquatch? Skookum meadows may not be a bad area to check out.

^Well of course you need four hoof prints, but you can see the ground around the impression is pretty botched up and even has boot prints in it.

The point I was making was that the hoof prints do not have to be within the impression itself.

Edited by roguefooter

Guest Crowlogic

I just drank a fifth of gin and it's still an elk lay................. man pretty powerful reality that Skookum thingly  

The elk can roll up off of its side yes. But what your failing to account for is that in your second picture? The elk is still laying on the ground yes? And that contact with the ground is still going to give you a body impression correct? The belly, the hocks, the hips, the knees, etc....... and with THAT secondary body impression we should be seeing four hoof prints within the impression. I do not see that the skookum cast.

What DWA is trying to tell you is the skookum impression goes from your 1st picture to walking off without leaving four hoof prints. I hold to the fact that is not possible.

Beyond this? I have no idea what is going on there.

Edited by norseman
  • Upvote 1

I just drank a fifth of gin and it's still an elk lay................. man pretty powerful reality that Skookum thingly

You wouldnt know an elk if it fell from the sky and landed on your head, especially after drinking a bottle of booze......

BFF Patron

^Well of course you need four hoof prints, but you can see the ground around the impression is pretty botched up and even has boot prints in it.

The point I was making was that the hoof prints do not have to be within the impression itself.

There were even a few tire tracks on the periphery, quite the mess for sure

LOL, I knew I would hit a nerve with the right people.  Proceed.

That got me laughing.    Seems like if a post gets videos, graphics, cartoons, and cut out letters spelling something in a response to a post it has struck some nerve.   

ddbvm9.gif

The elk can roll up off of its side yes. But what your failing to account for is that in your second picture? The elk is still laying on the ground yes? And that contact with the ground is still going to give you a body impression correct? The belly, the hocks, the hips, the knees, etc....... and with THAT secondary body impression we should be seeing four hoof prints within the impression. I do not see that the skookum cast.

What DWA is trying to tell you is the skookum impression goes from your 1st picture to walking off without leaving four hoof prints. I hold to the fact that is not possible.

So you're saying that all Elk would leave a second body impression before getting up? That they can't just roll over onto their hooves and stand up without leaving a second body impression?

You keep demanding four hoof prints but fail to address that the ground around the impression is obviously a mess, and we're only seeing a small portion because that is all they cast. So because it can't be clearly defined then it must not be an Elk, right? Somehow though you were still able to suggest that a Bigfoot put his thumb in the ground after some kind of ninja maneuver to get in and out of the mud, while leaving no foot impressions or mud prints anywhere. How does that work?

Edited by roguefooter

Me Bigfoot...

wapiti.jpg

More Bigfoot...

July17bi.jpg

Seriously how anyone can look at this and not see clear as day an elk lay is just soaring maverick thinker awesome...

ojfqqh.jpg

Fibro_funny_06.jpg.jpg

norseman, on 19 Aug 2015 - 8:27 PM, said:

Here's another Elk laying on it's side before it gets up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZN7T3wtwK8

It doesn't leave a second impression, it rolls over right onto it's feet and stands up. No second body impression.

It's rear leg steps back into the impression but it clearly doesn't have to. The front hooves don't go into the impression at all.

Edited by roguefooter
  • Upvote 1

At 1:29 you will see an elk, push off with it's fore wrists, leap from the wallow with it's rear legs, it's front hooves landing well out of the elk wallow.

This Elk was being shot, but I'm sure the reaction would be similar if DDA ripped one in the tent, or a logging truck drove by a few yards away.

• Upvote 1

So you're saying that all Elk would leave a second body impression before getting up? That they can't just roll over onto their hooves and stand up without leaving a second body impression?

You keep demanding four hoof prints but fail to address that the ground around the impression is obviously a mess, and we're only seeing a small portion because that is all they cast. So because it can't be clearly defined then it must not be an Elk, right? Somehow though you were still able to suggest that a Bigfoot put his thumb in the ground after some kind of ninja maneuver to get in and out of the mud, while leaving no foot impressions or mud prints anywhere. How does that work?

I suggested and even linked video that a BEAR could of crawled into that mud without leaving footprints, yes. Bears are well known for doing stuff like that or tucking into a ball and rolling down a hill or sliding on their belly. If a creature is getting in and out of that bait site without leaving footprints? That would be a Bear. If something is gonna find your bait in ONE NIGHT, that would be a BEAR. Their nose is seven times more acute than a bloodhound.

And absolutely when that 1000 lbs Bull elk rolls back up into a rest position with his feet tucked under him? He is still leaving a body impression.

The devil is in the details and I realize that its easy to say this impression is an elk because elk were at the scene of the "crime". But if it were a crime scene? I think investigators would be asking the same logical questions I am. In this specific case, how did the elk get up without leaving hoof prints that make sense to that specific action? And if a elk does not fit the crime scene what other animals do.

I would say that animal would be a Bear.

But I will also openly admit that I'm basing my judgement on what I see in the cast, if that cast only represents HALF of the impressions that were there? Then I would be willing to reconsider my position.

But at this point and time looking at that cast I have no idea how that elk stood up and walked off.

But at this point and time looking at that cast I have no idea how that elk stood up and walked off. 

See video in the post above.

• masterbarber unpinned this topic