Catch and Release?

xspider1

3 hours ago, NorCalWitness said:

why do you want to shoot one? 

Because if a 8ft tall ape man is prowling our hinterlands? I want it proven to science.

Science is the fundamental bedrock of our civilization. It’s why we don’t drill holes in sick patients heads to let the bad spirits out. It’s why we don’t throw people in to volcanos to appease the volcano god and stop it from erupting. It’s why you and I are having this conversation. 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, hiflier said:

Again, I was being facetious to Norseman's, "I want to shoot one."

Why aren't people getting this? I don't think people will EVER get it from what I can see. We HAVE the DNA. AND the type specimens....of BOTH sexes. The type specimen is called a Human. It has had different species of it's genus off and on for millions of years. And we know because of its ancient DNA. So it's modern Humans vs. Ancient Humans. Following that? Okay, now science, for example, using DNA has found, a new species of dolphin. How do they know? Because as you said, xspider1, a type specimen needs to exists and it does- a dolphin, which science was able to compare the new dolphin's DNA with the old. And BINGO! New species.

Transfer that concept to Sasquatch and....well....do I need to go further? Because every study has shown species of Human. Human IS the type specimen that everyone's been looking for. Sasquatch is a species, or sub species if you will. It will not show up as a different genus. Period. There is nothing hard about this no matter how hard folks work to keep it out of most discussions.

vvvvvvvv That is NOT a human! If it is? Show me another woman that looks like her….. I will wait.⏱️

IMG_1184.jpeg

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, hiflier said:

Okay, now science, for example, using DNA has found, a new species of dolphin. How do they know? Because as you said, xspider1, a type specimen needs to exists and it does- a dolphin, which science was able to compare the new dolphin's DNA with the old. And BINGO! New species.

That is a very simplistic and misleading interpretation.  Apparently researchers worked for close to a decade studying 147 skulls and 43 spines of stranded (deceased) bottlenose before
Tursiops erebennus was accepted by the Society for Marine Mammalogy.  So, no, they didn't just collect some sand from a Dolphin print and call it a day...

^^ Hmm, you must be new to the Forum MIB. But I know you're nor because you want me to go around in yet another circle on this? Forget it. If anyone is interested, it's all here. But if you don't pay attention enough to put all the points together that I've talked about, or are simply being difficult, or your memory is just shot? Then, well....that's just too bad. It's all here and has been for quite a while. But in either case, it's obvious you're not interested- so make yourself useful- go find it. If not? that's fine, too, I don't care either way.

Go dig a pit and play catch and release. That's much more expensive, labor intensive, dangerous, and time consuming. Scooping up water and having it tested? Relatively cheap and easy. But no one ever bothers to bring that up now do they. Even though it's what science will accept. And it's a fine Sasquatch discussion topic, too. But apparently there's an intentional cognitive break here and the really blatant thing about it? Is that everyone knows it. So what does that say about how things get handled here by the major influencers here? The emperor has no clothes, pal.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, norseman said:

vvvvvvvv That is NOT a human! If it is? Show me another woman that looks like her….. I will wait.⏱️

A ridiculous strawman argument if there ever was one. You are purposely ignoring every thing I've said, which is, wait for it.....A SPECIES OF HUMAN. Period. Go ahead keep ignoring it. That won't make it go away.

Edited by hiflier
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

That is a very simplistic and misleading interpretation.

Yep, simplistic. The DNA showed it to be a different species. By ONE base pair. What's your point? That science couldn't differentiate between one species of Human and another without looking at 147 skulls? How about DNA from a 40,000 year old pinky finger bone. Does that not count because it isn't a skull? How about samples that have results that show mutations in the Human genome that are so rare that one of them is hard to find. How about two? or Three? Together in a single genome which isn't found in a single Human genome. But those mutations are scattered all over "other primates." People can twist things around any way they wish but when confronted with what I just wrote it all falls apart.

And the kicker? The mutations were found in samples from NORTH AMERICA. Truth.......Should anyone be willing to look at it.

• Downvote 1

The researchers used 147 skulls and 43 spines to classify Tursiops erebennus.  Could they have done it with less body parts?  I don't know and neither do you.  My point is that, apparently, you don't know what in the hell you are taking about. 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

Could they have done it with less body parts?

If you don't think so then go ahead and remain in the dark ages. Gigantopithicus, a partial jaw bone and teeth. And that's all.  But science got an awful lot of mileage out if that one did they not? Point being, this isn't a science Forum. So why should anyone really know about things? Or study anything outside of a Wiki cut and paste? Or stoop to cherry picking a sentence out of an article, out of context, and use it for debate? But that's what happens. And just so you know? This Forum is only one front that I deal with. Outside of this Forum all kinds of stuff is going on. Here is different though. The idea of using DNA for discovery instead of digging a pit dies quickly if not kept in the general dialogue. Because there are those that argue only so that Sasquatch discovery won't happen. I'm the only on on this side of the fence, and I'm pretty sure my experience concerning it has shown a blatant resistance to proving existence. But I don't mind being on this side of the fence. I have the entire industry of genetic science and technology backing me up. And it's actually been pretty great knowing that IMO.

So have your fun, stay in the dark, never progress, and all will be well, LOL.

Edited by hiflier
  • Downvote 1

Gigantopithicus is believed to be extinct so, different criteria?  So, everyone is in the dark except for you and your ‘entire industry of genetic science and technology’?  Your self-righteousness is astounding and, very underwhelming.  Just let us know when your dirt is accepted as a new species.  In the meantime, maybe you could consider not trolling every thread.

Well  xspider1, you tried;

"I hope this can be an open discussion about the challenges of capturing and releasing a Bigfoot, the Pros and Cons, etc."

Pre-existing sites like caves and lava tubes have not received attention. Possibly because they are in the 'as found', non dig arena. They also have danger / risks.

If a kid does not dream of being an astronaut, does the dream switch over to being a heavy equipment operator?

People, this is a mental exercise. Don't be so open minded that your brain falls out though.

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Scooping up water and having it tested? Relatively cheap and easy. But no one ever bothers to bring that up now do they. Even though it's what science will accept.

You have had your eDNA thread up for more than 3 years. Lots of downloadable info and I have most / all. Thank you.  Cheaper than a dart gun package that could run $3K--$4K without ammo. The costs listed for eDNA sampling are on the low side. Homo sapiens sapiens trying to sample eDNA on our cousins in the genus Homo will contaminate the sample. Suits better than what law enforcement uses will add to the cost.

This forum is mostly readers. I would guess that your eDNA material has had twenty something downloads. 'A horse to water......'   IIRC, the  'edge detection' download for checking night time images has had less than 30 downloads. 

I suggest that people doing eDNA sampling will remain quiet. 'Talking about it, is not doing it'.  Record temperatures and gas prices are slamming us.  Small steps.

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

The emperor has no clothes, pal.

Yep. it has been my experience that the people who end up naked are the ones who should not get naked.

3 hours ago, hiflier said:

A ridiculous strawman argument if there ever was one. You are purposely ignoring every thing I've said, which is, wait for it.....A SPECIES OF HUMAN. Period. Go ahead keep ignoring it. That won't make it go away.

You have proven nothing….and YES I am waiting for it. For YEARS!

Morphology is a thing. If it doesn’t look like a human? It’s because it’s basic building blocks are not a human. What does a scientist say about the observables? Unless you’re gonna argue that the PGF is a fake? You have some real explaining to do to pigeon hole HUMAN DNA into producing that skeleton…..🤨 Show me ONE human with a sagittal crest. Show me one Neanderthal. Show me one Homo Erectus skull…..

Is it a bipedal primate closely related to humans? Probably. But HUMAN??? 🤣

Display activity in the thread.

Several problems.

I don't believe that Meldrum has seen a Sasquatch. We don't have a Sasquatch skeleton, just guesses. The skull on top is not a Sasquatch skull.

The shoulders are not wide enough.

Where is the penis bone?

9 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

Display activity in the thread.

Several problems.

I don't believe that Meldrum has seen a Sasquatch. We don't have a Sasquatch skeleton, just guesses. The skull on top is not a Sasquatch skull.

The shoulders are not wide enough.

Where is the penis bone?

Yes guesses by a scientist who specializes in primate anatomy. It’s not a Sasquatch skull? Is that a guess on your part? Yes. The whole thing is 3D printed……

The skeleton represents a creature that is roughly ONE THOUSAND LBS. There is only ONE primate in history that has achieved that size. No Human is anywhere close to that size. No Neanderthal is anywhere close to that size. No species in the genus Homo is anywhere close to that size.

And yet we are to believe that we cannot tell the difference between Sasquatch DNA and Human DNA? Something is way way off…..

But I digress, my hostility is that we cannot talk about any subject without it turning into a DNA debate because certain individuals like telemarketers just have to spam the airwaves. Like a bad hair product infomercial they just keep popping up over and over and over again. 👋🏻

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, xspider1 said:

So, everyone is in the dark except for you and your ‘entire industry of genetic science and technology’?

As far as this Forum goes. Yes. And it's not self righteousness at all, it's understanding the science and applying to this subject. And I'll give you a hint, I ain't the guy who did the work ;) 

3 hours ago, xspider1 said:

In the meantime, maybe you could consider not trolling every thread.

Oh please, Norseman trolls practically every thread with his holier than thou put a bullet in the brain agenda. Every chance someone strays from his mantra he jumps in and pushes his kill policy. I push a no-kill policy using science and I the bad guy? That makes zero sense.

1 hour ago, Catmandoo said:

Yep. it has been my experience that the people who end up naked are the ones who should not get naked.

HAH! Love it.