Catch and Release?

xspider1

I think we should catch a Bigfoot, study it for a few days, then release it.  :biggrin: 

That seems like the best, most Humane way to solve this mystery.  If some Scientist(s) demand 2 bodies on slabs then (with all due respect), f that.  I hope this can be an open discussion about the challenges of capturing and releasing a Bigfoot, the Pros and Cons, etc.  (If we get a troll pretending to be worried about some clown in a suit being captured by mistake; I'm pretty sure they would be dispatched soon enough.) lol  :rolleyes:     

• Like 1

Admin
16 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

I think we should catch a Bigfoot, study it for a few days, then release it.  :biggrin: 

That seems like the best, most Humane way to solve this mystery.  If some Scientist(s) demand 2 bodies on slabs then (with all due respect), f that.  I hope this can be an open discussion about the challenges of capturing and releasing a Bigfoot, the Pros and Cons, etc.  (If we get a troll pretending to be worried about some clown in a suit being captured by mistake; I'm pretty sure they would be dispatched soon enough.) lol  :rolleyes:     

We should be able to bait one somehow. 

• Upvote 1

^  Yep!  We have caught almost every other animal so far, right?

Cool video, 7.62!  Around here, we call those limbs that they made their trap out of, twigs.  Don't Bigfoot break those like tooth picks?  And, did he say they're trying to catch 'Smoke Wolves'?  wt heck is that?  :crazy:

8 hours ago, xspider1 said:

^  Yep!  We have caught almost every other animal so far, right?

Cool video, 7.62!  Around here, we call those limbs that they made their trap out of, twigs.  Don't Bigfoot break those like tooth picks?  And, did he say they're trying to catch 'Smoke Wolves'?  wt heck is that?  :crazy:

Smoke Wolves

Smoke Wolves, also commonly referred to as Smoke Wolf or the Grim, is a massive red-eyed canine purported to inhabit forests in Northern West Virginia.

Mythology

Legend has it that settlers throughout the region believed that burying the family dog alive in the cemetery would mean the dog’s spirit would morph into a Grim, a black dog with red eyes, and that the dog would then protect the graveyard from those who would profane them including thieves, vandals, witches, and the warlocks . After a time, Grim's spirit becomes a Smoke Wolf.

Burying your live dog….good to know we have overcome crazy ideology!    Salem witch trials anyone???     Goodness we believed some crazy things in the past…..

12 hours ago, xspider1 said:

Not some “scientist”…. All of science demands two type specimens for an extant classification of a species. Including humans… There is no getting around this! And capturing one and studying it for a few days and releasing is? Would not change that scientific requirement.

With that out of the way. They seem too smart to walk into a cage unlike a Bear. So what is left in thick forests of the PAC NW is a tranquilizer gun. Co2 powered dart gun. With a big projectile and limited range. A helicopter on stand by would be nice. Just cut back some trees, send in a penetrator line and a basket and roll the big bugger in, strap him down and gone! 

The trick is how much tranquilizer to load into the dart. Too much and we would kill it. Not enough and you’re gonna get your arms ripped off and beaten to death with them…..not good. And of course shooting a dart that can be deflected by brush and limbs at 50 feet may get dicey as well. You’re gonna have to get close, much closer than a rifle, and then thread that dart through the under story to probably a very agitated target. Much like archery hunting. You best have some rifles as back up. If you hit this thing and the dart doesn’t have the desired effect? 50 feet is like nothing in a charge.

Ultimately your gesture is noble. But you’re taking unnecessary risks to save a life that probably has to be sacrificed at some point anyhow. 

Dr. Mayor supplied two living pocket Lemurs to science as type specimens. It’s not common. But these pocket Lemurs in order to capture them? They would go out at night, shine flashlights in the bushes, locate eye shine and bend the bush over and pluck the Lemur from the branch…..easy. You’re not going to do this with a Sasquatch. Even if there was a Sasquatch baby in a tree you could push over. Mommy and Daddy are right there somewhere ready to rearrange your body parts. And I’ve been in a tree with a Bear cub while momma was below wanting me dead in the worst possible way. Not fun. A gun in one hand pointed at mom and with the other hand trying to shoo baby boo down the bole of the tree!😳

It’s not like I haven’t thought of this. I have. Absolutely I have. It’s complex, and it’s not a job for one man. You would need a team and funding. A lone man can shoot a Sasquatch, walk up and cut off a hand and foot in a matter of minutes and be GONE. Science could take millions of DNA samples from one hand and one foot. Mark the location and if science wants the rest? Let them go up there and deal with it!

This unfortunately is the most field expedient way to solving the mystery. Helicopters, biologists, tranq guns, field labs and all the rest? That comes after…. Science is just not going to move on this until it has something concrete, something that cannot be HOAXED. ✌🏻

• Upvote 1

Given the rarity of BF, it’s only going to be a gov’t or larger private run org. that puts a body on a slab.  As you describe,  popping a BF will not be a one man operation.  I’d venture a guess they are pack beings.  How else would they maintain their sneakiness!   Lol.  

2 hours ago, Twist said:

Given the rarity of BF, it’s only going to be a gov’t or larger private run org. that puts a body on a slab.  As you describe,  popping a BF will not be a one man operation.  I’d venture a guess they are pack beings.  How else would they maintain their sneakiness!   Lol.  

You misunderstood what I said. A one man operation has a chance of putting body parts on a slab. It will take an organization to bring one out alive.

Washington outlawed hound hunting for Cougars. Which is a scalpel approach. Is it a male or female or a cub in the tree? Should we harvest it or not? Instead they started selling a “big game package” to boot hunters. The chances of a boot hunter encountering a Cougar are low. But when you put a Cougar tag in the pocket of tens of thousands of hunters? Cougars get killed. And then they complain it was a female or whatever…. It’s a blunt axe approach to management.

But the same concept applies to Sasquatch. X amount of sightings per year are missed opportunities. But at some point the stars may align. And we don’t need a complete body to prove to science something is out there. Animals are proven all the time with the bush meat trade. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, norseman said:

But you’re taking unnecessary risks to save a life that probably has to be sacrificed at some point anyhow. 

No need to sacrifice the life of a Sasquatch researcher. No pun intended. The 'one' Sasquatch as a target is old and worn out. Sighting a weapon on the one in front of you is not considering the animals that are flanking the weapon holder. Good luck with that. 

2 hours ago, Twist said:

I disagree. Gov't wants nothing to do with unclassified bipeds. Results will come from citizen science, persons who do not have an IMDb page. And sneakiness? Many animals hide from humans like bears and cougars to name a few.  How many have seen a cougar? I have.

1 hour ago, Catmandoo said:

No need to sacrifice the life of a Sasquatch researcher. No pun intended. The 'one' Sasquatch as a target is old and worn out. Sighting a weapon on the one in front of you is not considering the animals that are flanking the weapon holder. Good luck with that. 

I disagree. Gov't wants nothing to do with unclassified bipeds. Results will come from citizen science, persons who do not have an IMDb page. And sneakiness? Many animals hide from humans like bears and cougars to name a few.  How many have seen a cougar? I have.

Old and worn out? Do we have Bigfoot “experts” now? Are we hunting Velociraptors? Again….as Twist said, when you make these things SUPER predators? Then why didn’t they make humans go extinct a long time ago? PGF? One animal. Mica mountain? One animal. Albert Ostman? One animal initially. Do they travel alone at times? Entirely possible!

With that said? Hunting potentially dangerous animals? Is dangerous! But so is cohabitating a wilderness with them and taking pictures and filling tracks in the mud with dental resin.🤷‍♂️

26 minutes ago, norseman said:

…….Hunting potentially dangerous animals? Is dangerous! But so is cohabitating a wilderness with them and taking pictures and filling tracks in the mud with dental resin.🤷‍♂️

It appears that they’re not as aggressive as Homo sapiens in most cases. But I bet if you put a bullet into one and fail to drop him and seal the deal, you’d be in pretty deep goo. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, norseman said:

Old and worn out? Do we have Bigfoot “experts” now? Are we hunting Velociraptors?

Being preoccupied with one animal in front of us nulls our thinking to check the sides and behind us.  We have mammalian genetic memory to urge us to look behind to see if a saber tooth tiger is sneaking up on us.

There aren't any Bigfoot experts. Media dollies are abundant.

Velociraptors are an entertainment industry thing.  Good to draw customers but they never hunted humans and vice versa.

PGF.  Patty was probably a great mother. She did a 'lead away' maneuver like animals and birds do. There will always be debate about whether or not Patty did the lead away maneuver to school her young offspring. We will never know if Patty was alone.

I don't buy the Albert Ostman story.

I don't waste time with plaster.

I don't hunt them.

Remember, Sasquatch find you, you do not find them. They know your mind and your heart. I am not aware of any published reports regarding the successful use of firearm(s) with Sasquatch.

Edited by Catmandoo
text

27 minutes ago, Huntster said:

But I bet if you put a bullet into one and fail to drop him and seal the deal, you’d be in pretty deep goo. 

I am not in the shooter crowd.

However, take under advisory that at least 3 rounds would be needed. No 'Dirty Harry', Rambo, Stallone Hollywood head shots. The charge / mobility must be stopped. 2 shots: hip--hip to stop the charge, then kill shot. Reload. Same applies to Alaskan Brown Bears, Grizzly and maybe Dogmen. 

12 gauge slug. Brenneke Black Magic Magnum, 3" shotgun slug. It is the slug that is used in Alaska on Brown Bears.

Just a few comments for the shooters to take under advisory.

8 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

…….at least 3 rounds would be needed. No 'Dirty Harry', Rambo, Stallone Hollywood head shots. The charge / mobility must be stopped. 2 shots: hip--hip to stop the charge, then kill shot. Reload. Same applies to Alaskan Brown Bears, Grizzly and maybe Dogmen………

Yup, and like bears, you’d be lucky to get 3 or more rounds into him before he gained cover or concealment.

It always impressed me how bears are even better than trained soldiers in escaping after being shit or shot at. I’ve shot a few bears, and subsequent shots are almost impossible to get. 

A wounded bear in the brush is the stuff of nightmares. I couldn’t imagine a wounded sasquatch in the brush. 

• Thanks 1