Bigfoot Makes House Calls?

Woodslore

Guest midnightwalker1

Sasfooty, are you still trying to enlighten these guys. Some of these folks are ok for sure and others just kind of get on my nerves. I see you have a few more clueless folks in here attempting to dismiss your claim.

Sasfooty, are you still trying to enlighten these guys. Some of these folks are ok for sure and others just kind of get on my nerves. I see you have a few more clueless folks in here attempting to dismiss your claim.

That is right I stayed up all last night trying to dismiss her claims.

Yah right

I have absolutely no problem listing what I think of her claims so far if you would like.

Based on her previous answers I would expect nothing to come out of it, however I am game if you would like.

Sasfooty, are you still trying to enlighten these guys.

Well, you know me. Always stepping of in the deep end, when I should be wading in the kiddie pool.

Edited by Sasfooty

Guest midnightwalker1

I also don't believe in tales of shape shifting cannibal demons that retain the teeth of otters no mater what shape they chose (local aboriginal legend).

My own ancestors had plenty of mythology that I do not believe as well.

I take the eye witness account of an aboriginal no more or less credible then anyone else.

I live in south western British Columbia and I have never met anyone claiming a personal encounter.

I would love the opportunity to discuss their encounter

I don't fool with that shapeshifting crap or even have an interest. It's evil crap. If you live in BC, there's no reason why you can't have an encounter. When you see them, you'll seek them forever (I think). They're fascinating. They'll teach you more about yourself and life in that journey of seeking them than you would ever have thought.

Guest ajciani

Sas has probably spent a lot of time in the woods, and just like most people, either never experienced anything bigfoot related, or didn't connect something bigfoot related to bigfoot. Then again, I have seen those ornithologists out in the woods doing their surveys. They tend to stick to trails and waterways, and they tend to be so engrossed in their work, that they become oblivious to anything not a bird.

I myself have spent quite a bit of time walking around various forests, some with reports, others without. I have found enough questionable stuff to keep me looking; unfortunately, almost all of that stuff could also have been the traces of man, as well as bigfoot. Granted, six inch diameter pine trees snapped like tooth picks, and then used to construct (as in definitely manipulated into position) a pioneering project seems a little bit beyond human capability, but there is nothing to rule out a group effort.

I have also heard what was most probably a single whoop. It does sound similar to a barred owl hoot, but the middle was a long "oooo", and the ending was rather hard, like lips came together to momentarily trap the air just before the exhalation stopped, and then released it. This whoop was possibly returned in response to some call blasting, but about 20 minutes after we stopped blasting.

My opinion is that nothing is beyond the abilities of the paranormal bigfoot.

Is there a way we can mark threads that are about paranormal Bigfeet? That way, those that are interested can identify them easily. And the rest of us can pass them by.

Guest walkabout

The point was not assertion of the awesomeness of the PGF, but that you had indicated that it was extremely rare to find and film a bigfoot during the day. In about 20 seconds of Googling, I found links to 5 famous bigfoot films, of which 4 were made during daylight hours. If bigfoots exist, then they are at least occasionally diurnal. Lots of well-known sightings occurred during the day as well, e.g., William Roe, Dr. Johnson, . . .

Is that what you think bigfoots are doing during the daytime, belly-crawling to noiselessly approach unsuspecting biologists?

From post #203. This is some of the information I presented that you put "aside."

During my career, I have done extensive field data collection in remote areas that do crop up in the BFRO database as having a history of bigfoot sightings. Is it possible that I might have walked right past a cryptic cryptid at some point? Sure, but I've never experienced even a hint that there might be something bigfooty around while I was out in the field - and I do look. I've been interested in bigfoot since I was a boy, so I'm always thinking about it, trying to envision a spot in which such a creature might hole up, and checking it out. My experiences mirror those of literally thousands of field biologists doing similar work, . . .

First, I'm talking about biologists, not hikers and campers. We do go into the thickest thickets, the muckiest swamps, the darkest recesses. Why? Well for one, if the transect bearing says "straight ahead" and straight ahead is an impenetrable wall of greenbrier, it's too bad for us: We've got to stay on the survey line. Sometimes though, we intentionally seek such places out. Why? Precisely because those odd places that don't see a lot of traffic from hikers and campers are often where the rarest species are to be found. When I'm in the field, I'm often doing work that involves scouring every nook and cranny of deep and dark recesses to find nests of rare birds. Birds don't usually nest on trails. If you want to find their nests, you often find yourself bellycrawling through such places. Even when I'm not specifically nest searching, however, I'll still take the time to check out any spot I can that looks like it might hide a bigfoot. Why? 'Cause I'm interested in bigfoot. If I find one someday I'll let you know. So far, nada . . .

I do believe that Sasquatches belly crawl with some regularity quite honestly. It's actually pretty well documented behavior that Sasquatches do belly crawl when trying to make a stealthy approach on people (all people by the way, not just bioligists & I doubt a Sasquatch would know the difference between a bioligist & a hiker/camper) I thought you would have known that. They also seem to spend alot of time in a crouched position. There are a fair number of credible reports where the witnesses report the Sasquatch was in a crouched position when it was observed.

That aside, if you are trying to suggest that there is no place in the woods & national forrests & wildlife preserves in all of the United States & in the swamps & wetlands in our country that are not out of your reach and that you have left no stone unturned, that is an absolutely ridiculous assertion.

I have seen areas that special forces recon military soldiers would have trouble getting through, but Mr. "I have to stay on my survey line" can do it right? Give me a break, really, you are a bioligist, (and by your own statements, one that spends alot of time behind a desk) you probably couldn't hike 5 miles by yourself in broad daylight.

You could spend every day of your life for 40 years in the Everglades alone and not cover one quarter of the area.

Edited by walkabout

If you are trying to suggest that there is no place in the woods & national forrests & wildlife preserves in all of the United States & in the swamps & wetlands in our country that are not out of your reach and that you have left no stone unturned, that is an absolutely ridiculous assertion.

I agree, that would be a ridiculous assertion. Here - for the third time - is something I wrote yesterday:

"Is it possible that I might have walked right past a cryptic cryptid at some point? Sure, . . . "

Guest walkabout

I agree, that would be a ridiculous assertion. Here - for the third time - is something I wrote yesterday:

"Is it possible that I might have walked right past a cryptic cryptid at some point? Sure, . . . "

It's also equally as possible you just haven't been in the right place.

It's also equally as possible you just haven't been in the right place.

But how is it even probable that ALL biologists haven't been in the right place?

Guest walkabout

But how is it even probable that ALL biologists haven't been in the right place?

First off consider how many bioligists are actually out in the field doing field work (not all bioligists do field work by the way) I'd venture a guess that out of all the bioligists there are in the world today, MAYBE half of them (and that's a generous estimate) actually do field work, observation, study & data collection that actually requires them to go out in the field.

Now take some time & look at all of the national forrests, swamps, wetlands, wildlife preserves/reserves/sanctuaries & national parks in the United States and then couple those areas with the run of the mill areas of woods & wetlands that get no attention whatsoever from any bioligists and other local wooded areas in, or just outside of suburban areas & other local swampy areas just outside of communities/residential areas that may only get surveyed once a year. Contrary to the picture Saskeptic is trying to paint, I can assure you, there are some wooded & swampy areas that bioligists never set foot in.

Then try to venture a guess at how many bioligists actually go into these areas at night when sasquatches are most active and the number gets significantly smaller. Even Saskeptic (who seems to be a pretty tenacious bioligist) admits he has done "limited" field work at night - which says to me, not very much.

I also believe that Sasquatches will migrate from area to area based on time of year/weather, fruit harvest/ripening seasons & even hunting seasons may affect their movement. Point being it would be naive to think that these creatures sit in the same area year round. Just like people & other animals, they move around as their needs dictate. There maybe some remote ideal areas that give them everything they need to survive year round, including safety, but, I would say that is probably the exception & not the rule.

Bioligists aren't exactly the stealthiest people in the world either, I have no doubt if a bioligist did get into an area where a Sasquatch was, the Sasquatch would know he/she was coming quite a bit in advance of his/her arrival giving the Sasquatch plenty of time to elude them & leave the immediate area until the bioligist departed.

The reality is that most bioligists simply are not looking for Sasquatch because it is still a species that has yet to be formally recognized by the scientific community. It's hard to find something you are not looking for.

Saving the best for last, there is the golden question. How many biologists have seen a Sasquatch, but had no physical evidence to support their encounter/sighting because they ran away or left the area abruptly out of fear and then never reported their encounter for fear of ridicule by their colleagues/employers?? This is also a very realistic scenario.

Edited by walkabout

I do believe that Sasquatches belly crawl with some regularity quite honestly. It's actually pretty well documented behavior that Sasquatches do belly crawl when trying to make a stealthy approach on people (all people by the way, not just bioligists & I doubt a Sasquatch would know the difference between a bioligist & a hiker/camper) I thought you would have known that. They also seem to spend alot of time in a crouched position. There are a fair number of credible reports where the witnesses report the Sasquatch was in a crouched position when it was observed.

is a video of one lying on the ground behind a small pile of lumber, very close to a campfire.

It's another myth that they are always lumbering around standing at their full height. If they did that, pictures would be a lot easier to get.

Guest walkabout

is a video of one lying on the ground behind a small pile of lumber, very close to a campfire.

It's another myth that they are always lumbering around standing at their full height. If they did that, pictures would be a lot easier to get.

Absolutely, you did a very good job of illustrating my point Sasfooty.