Bigfoot Makes House Calls?

Woodslore

But how is it even probable that ALL biologists haven't been in the right place?

If you are claiming there are no sighting reports from any biologists, I will have to disagree. Even recently, I read a sighting report where the witness was a biologist (when I get time, I will try and find them and put a link up).

The stigma associated with bf and perpetuated by science, media, and hoaxers, certainly would not encourage biologists to come forward with any bf sighting. In the BFF 1, Saskeptic posted that he would not even believe his own eyes if he saw one. Do you think someone like that would report a sighting? To me, it is not likely.

I spend many full days in the forests each year and I may run into one biologist every 2-3 years. They are mostly doing some type of survey (wolf, moose, etc). There certainly does no appear to be many of them in the more remote forests near my area. UPs

In reference to the BFF 1 post, the thread was about who you would believe as far as a bf sighting.

Guest walkabout

If you are claiming there are no sighting reports from any biologists, I will have to disagree. Even recently, I read a sighting report where the witness was a biologist (when I get time, I will try and find them and put a link up).

The stigma associated with bf and perpetuated by science, media, and hoaxers, certainly would not encourage biologists to come forward with any bf sighting. In the BFF 1, Saskeptic posted that he would not even believe his own eyes if he saw one. Do you think someone like that would report a sighting? To me, it is not likely.

I spend many full days in the forests each year and I may run into one biologist every 2-3 years. They are mostly doing some type of survey (wolf, moose, etc). There certainly does no appear to be many of them in the more remote forests near my area. UPs

In reference to the BFF 1 post, the thread was about who you would believe as far as a bf sighting.

Great points UPs, some of what you said kind of falls in line with the tale end of one of my last posts which I quoted below:

Saving the best for last, there is the golden question. How many biologists have seen a Sasquatch, but had no physical evidence to support their encounter/sighting because they ran away or left the area abruptly out of fear and then never reported their encounter for fear of ridicule by their colleagues/employers?? This is also a very realistic scenario.

In the BFF 1, Saskeptic posted that he would not even believe his own eyes if he saw one. Do you think someone like that would report a sighting? To me, it is not likely.

I wonder why he wouldn't believe his own eyes? What could cause somebody to feel this way?

Well, it makes me feel a little better about him not believing me, anyway.

Guest walkabout

I wonder why he wouldn't believe his own eyes? What could cause somebody to feel this way?

Well, it makes me feel a little better about him not believing me, anyway.

You will always come across people - especially here - that will do nothing but ridicule you and try to tarnish your credibility and debunk peoples encounters & reports because they have nothing better to do, or the encounter/report doesn't fit nice & neat into the little box of what their perception of reality is. Or they are chronic skeptics that just don't want to believe anybody, if they didn't see it/experience it themselves, then it must be fiction.

Take it with a grain of salt my friend and stay your course. Sounds to me like you are on the right path.

Edited by walkabout

Oh sure, don't trust your eyes or ears. They are just ornaments hanging from your body. I've done very well, thank you, trusting my eyes and ears. :lol:

"Your eyes can deceive you: Don't trust them."

Do they always deceive you, your whole life? Is there ever any time or place where you can say, "OK, I've seen this over & over for X number of years. I think I can now believe what I am seeing."?

Can you never believe them?

This could be a problem....

What if I'm really married to Frankenstein, but thinking I'm seeing this handsome, wonderful man sitting there in front of the TV? :unsure:

Guest walkabout

Wow - apparently no Star Wars fans and very little sense of humor around here today . . .

It didn't strike me as a joke, considering the preceding dialogue from other posters that led up to it.

Edited by walkabout

Well a joke yes, but the point remains. The quote referenced from BFF 1.0 came from a thread in which we were discussing the role that hallucinations might play in some bigfoot reports. I mentioned that, as someone who spends a lot of time in the woods, often while sleep deprived and almost always thinking about how cool it would be to see a bigfoot right here, that I'm probably more likely than average to have one of these weird experiences. To my chagrin, this hasn't happened to me . . . yet. If I recall where we were in that thread at that time, I think someone made a statement to the effect that if I (Saskeptic) reported seeing one, he would believe. I countered by indicating that it would be a logical fallacy to accept a skeptic's sighting as genuine merely because that person is (or was!) a skeptic. Even I - for the sake of argument having had the experience - would not be able to separate a bigfoot I thought I had seen from a bigfoot I had actually seen. Thus, unless I've got a definitive photograph, a body, or a part thereof, it would be a mistake to give a report of a sighting made by me any more credence than a report supplied by anyone else.