The Echo Incident

Guest parnassus

This is a true story. Last weekend we were out in the country enjoying a gorgeous day. We were on a county road not that far from town and saw a medivac helicopter taking off in front of us. I got the binoculars up fast enough to see the side of it and verified. The intersection had a country school and in the parking lot was an ambulance and several civilian cars and an SUV. We knew that whatever had just happened was serious.

Next day it was confirmed. One of our neighbors out there was a passenger in a car when a bullet came through her window. It richoceted off the window, shattered her jaw, then went through her shoulder. She will, I have no doubt, be in for an enormous amount of reconstructive surgery and rehab. I'm waiting to hear after a week how she is doing but don't know details. The shooter was target practicing. He came forward but the damage he caused is horrific. I can't imagine how he feels....but when in doubt, don't effin shoot. :mad:

Yikes, That is what I feared would happen to me.. :blink: I have not heard loud gunfire in a few years, so I'm hopeful the hunters have moved to another safer hunting place.

I sincerely hope that lady will be able to get her appearance restored and her life back.

:( As a nurse, I understand the painful procedures she is having to go through, not to mention how she must feel to have her face so tragically deformed in an instant by a bullet.

I am from, live, and research in Texas, but stay the hell away from those TBRC guys. They were much better when Craig was around. In my opinion, you shouldn't be shooting at this creature unless threatened, over their head first, and certainly not the blind shooting this Colyer dude was doing with others (human) around, and unaccounted for. If the story is true, what is that BF gonna do to the next guy who shows his camo'd out self? These things are the ultimate masters of their envirnment, and shooting at them will only **** them off.......not a good idea at all, and good luck to the next human they run across.

...certainly not the blind shooting this Colyer dude was doing with others (human) around, and unaccounted for.

You're using a definition of "blind" that I'm not familiar with. He could see the animal clearly, it was daylight. How was that blind? Also, how can people he didn't know were in the area be unaccounted for? As I have said multiple times, they were not in the line of fire and had about 80 yards of forest between them. Also, they were the only two people that were there during the six weeks we were. There was no evidence of anyone else in the area at all except for those two.

Regarding the group being better under Woolheater, I'll be sure to take your comment to the board for evaluation. Thanks for the feedback.

To empty the magazine of a 9 shot 12 gauge is 'blind' shooting, but in all fairness, this is a military tactic, and if I'm not mistaken, many TBRC members are X-military, including Colyer.

Let me take my buddies (he's a dealer) Browning BAR out Deer hunting, and empty a clip on Bambi.......not good or safe hunting my friend.

We DON'T need X-military folks out in the woods ready to shoot the place up, empty mags & clips......it's a recipe for disaster.

Edited by Bigtex
  • Upvote 1

Not much you can do sometimes but firing across an improved road is a crime in most states. Firing a weapon so as to endanger another person is a misdemeanor in many states. These laws are regardless of place or hunting. A call to the sheriff would likely at least prompted notification of the landowner, which would likely put a stop to the irresponsible behavior, because once a landowner is informed, some liability for the conduct also attaches. Your attorney could accomplish the same thing , and so could you by merely visiting your courthouse to find out who owns the property and sending them a registered letter. Of course, some people just don't care.

I never even thought about calling the cops, I called hubby. :blush::rolleyes:

When this occurred, there were no homes behind the homes across the street from us.

In the past few years homes with new roads have been built,not directly behind the houses in front of us because that is still fields, but a new neighborhood is off to the side of that field. Since then I have not heard gunshots close by.

I have heard distant shots, but so far I haven't had a bullet whiz by, nor hit the house that I know of. :blink:

Thank you for your thoughtful and kind post.

Guest NEernElitist

I'm not sure who "we" are, but Daryl is quite clear about what he saw. *You* have no real evidence because you have not seen one.

Glad you like the show, glad you like the forums, hope you're OK with my opinons.

I'm definitely OK with differing opinions.

I think my overarching point may have been missed, i.e. since we have no definitive proof that bigfoot is a real biological entity that lives in these forests, and since there were people in the vicinity (judging by the sound of vehicles nearby if this a factual component of the story), the chance that he could have shot and killed a person is a real possibility. I'm just asking why not err on the side of caution? I guess I'd like to know why TBRC considers this a viable option? I think that's a fair question; if that has been addressed elsewhere I apologize in advance.

I don't doubt he believes what he witnessed, or that the possibility is real that these may be actual beings, but it seems a fatally risky position to take when virtually nothing is known about this subject. I say that as an archaeologist and historian; up until recently there was a big push in both fields (especially archaeology) to interpret. Now we just let facts do the talking. It de-romanticizes it a bit by removing the conjecture/fantasy element, but is more "honest." Humans like stories to provide order. I'm not denying the value of this in the extremist Ben Radford sense but I think you understand what I mean.

I also suppose I don't like the idea of killing to conserve. Seems counter-intuitive.

Thanks.

To empty the magazine of a 9 shot 12 gauge is 'blind' shooting, but in all fairness, this is a military tactic, and if I'm not mistaken, many TBRC members are X-military, including Colyer.

Let me take my buddies (he's a dealer) Browning BAR out Deer hunting, and empty a clip on Bambi.......not good or safe hunting my friend.

We DON'T need X-military folks out in the woods ready to shoot the place up, empty mags & clips......it's a recipe for disaster.

To my point exactly. Why take a chance?

Edited by NEernElitist

I must give congrats to Colyer though, and his TBRC team, for having the encounter. Colyer in the lead, with someone 60-80' feet back, another person down in the creek bed in a possible target escape route, is pure military tactic, and well played. It's just the way it ended that I have a problem with, and VERY unsafe outdoorsmanship.

Whoever shoots one of these creatures for the 'money or fame', or whatever reason, better be ready for some unbelievable public backlash. You will NOT go down as the person who discovered Bigfoot, but the person who murdered him.

I have seen one, like 100's if not 1,000's over the years......we/I know it's out there, and in certain government circles, they know it's there too.

Bipto, if you don't mind me asking, what will be the first thing your group does if it bags a BF? Will the media be called in before any Government authories? Just curious.

You're quite welcome, but my forum is dead and gone. This one's here due to the hard work and dedication of others. I'm merely a humble member like anyone else.

But you started the first one! I loved that forum.I spent every second that I could there, and was devastated when it closed. Nothing on line seemed as interesting as what your BF forum had been.

Thank you for starting it all! :wub:

Better bury it quick......the government will confiscate & threaten you, and the media will tear you apart......careful what you wish for.

Now......undeniable pictures and/or video, physical DNA, and you are a hero, but you better get ready for a very bright (and cruel) spotlight.

Guest NEernElitist

..It's just the way it ended that I have a problem with, and VERY unsafe outdoorsmanship.

Whoever shoots one of these creatures for the 'money or fame', or whatever reason, better be ready for some unbelievable public backlash. You will NOT go down as the person who discovered Bigfoot, but the person who murdered him.

Right-o. The whole scenario seems poorly considered in hindsight. But then again, hindsight being what it is...

The outcome of something like kill-to-conserve, positive ID or not, is going to be bad for everyone. If you shoot something, best-case scenario you could be gunning down a much-revered legend. Worst-case scenario, you could possibly be injuring/killing a human by accident.

Isn't it better to just continue the search without the violent outcome?

Thanks.

Bipto, if you don't mind me asking, what will be the first thing your group does if it bags a BF? Will the media be called in before any Government authories? Just curious.

We have an extensive protocol in place to handle that kind of event, but I'd rather not get into it in public.