The Echo Incident

Guest parnassus

^Yuchi, where can I read about the Louisiana Hunt?

Also, if you are in the woods, you ALWAYS run the risk of coming across an injured animal.

For those that may not be aware, animals can be injured by other means besides a firearm.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stan Norton

Am I missing something? That incident appears to be a bunch of loons with guns, one of whom was drinking and could not be trusted with a loaded firearm, shooting up what may in fact have been an escaped chimp. What has this to do with NAWAC and the Echo incident?

Luminous 'blood' on leaves?? Isn't that from Predator?

Edited by Stan Norton

Am I missing something? That incident appears to be a bunch of loons with guns, one of whom was drinking and could not be trusted with a loaded firearm, shooting up what may in fact have been an escaped chimp. What has this to do with NAWAC and the Echo incident?

This wasn't to compare or criticize NAWAC with/against that event but rather, to show how situations such as this and even with the (apparent) level of pre-planning as NAWAC had, wheels can/do fall off when things get intense. Simple as had the guy in the creekbed held his position instead of rushing to the gunfire.

Tomorrow night, get a Coleman lantern, fire it up, go outside, ***** your finger and place the blood on a leaf, then shine the lantern on it.

From one story I read about the shooting incident, blood was found the following day on some rocks along a nearby creek to the shooting site, suggesting at least one shot had made a hit, but didn't drop the target.  

There is only one story. The blood was found a week later, not the next day. We believe it to be from the ape that was fired at. 

Guest zenmonkey

I'd like to thank him for making the attempt at obtaining the specimen and hope he would do it again. The rest is just garbage

I stopped reading as soon as I saw MK Davis.

That was the first time I met M.K. Davis.

He went into the brush (after the wounded one) with only a flashlight and camera.

Also, while driving back to the campsite (in his truck) to retrieve the Coleman lantern, we had "something" run across the road in front of us. It was in quad mode, moving at a high rate of speed and was about the size of a chimp. Go figure.

Go figure indeed. The homo line gave up quadrupedal locomotion millions of years ago.....

• Upvote 1

So they're human because they walk like humans...except when they don't. Maybe *that's* when they're apes.