Why has bigfoot not been listed as an endangered species?

georgerm

1 hour ago, norseman said:

Genus Homo? Or degraded Homo Sapien DNA?

Degraded Human DNA. Neither Disotell nor Meldrum gave anything more specific than that. Maybe you can find out? But only if you care about it one way or another.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Huntster said:

According to Margaryan, yes, she did. It's in a peer reviewed scientific publication. So, in accordance with your own ideology, she existed.

Which is a nothing burger. Kwits mother was part African…. a Homo Sapien. The legends of Zana out running horses and looking like a Bigfoot? Are just that stories.

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Degraded Human DNA. Neither Disotell nor Meldrum gave anything more specific than that. Maybe you can find out? But only if you care about it one way or another.

Human to me? Means Homo Sapien.

I am pretty sure that if Todd Disotell found degraded Neanderthal DNA or Denisovan DNA? They would be shouting it from the roof tops….

Its unfortunate. I truly believe we had something with those nests. This is why I freakin HATE DNA in some ways. It’s tough to nail down.

3 hours ago, Huntster said:

"If" is the biggest word in the English language.

Is Science a matter of "consideration"? The word "Homo" is Latin for "Human". That's why the genus was named thusly.

I catch Hell finding hats that fit. I wear an 8 1/4. Does that mean I'm more human that a guy who wears a 6 5/8?

I've been posting this so many times it has become monotonous; 

Yes, sharing the planet with another species of human isn't going to work. We can't even share it effectively with each other. I believe that is why government is keeping these creatures free of us.

According to Science, it HAS happened before, and the consensus is that we killed them all off.

Thank you for the Latin lecture….it doesn’t change anything. If I dropped a Homo Habilis into your lap? You wouldn’t call it “human” after it stabbed your dog to death and broke your table into kindling and was cooking your dog in the front lawn. It’s never going to be a Homo Sapien. 

Congrats on the pumpkin head. But you understand that it goes by the aggregate of the species. There are variances within a species. And vast variances within a genus. Hence why Homo Habilis being the oldest species in our genus has a brain half your size. Which means he isn’t going to ever invent the longer lasting light bulb.

Right. Which was the bow and arrow versus the stabbing spear. Now we are talking about no tools at all versus the jet age. We have never encountered another member of our own genus since manga carta. Which means? There is no legal precedence.

5 minutes ago, norseman said:

Which is a nothing burger. Kwits mother was part African…. a Homo Sapien. The legends of Zana out running horses and looking like a Bigfoot? Are just that stories.

It's a burger. She was Homo sapien. Human. She used no fire, spoke no language, used no technology whatsoever. Yet, she was both human and Homo sapien. Genetics says so, and the dictionary say so.

Tool use has absolutely nothing to do with it. Hair covered body has nothing to do with it. Running fast has nothing to do with it. Great strength has nothing to do with it. Facial expressions have nothing to do with it. Reverse all that.........it has nothing to do with it. Her DNA has determined her to be Homo sapien, it has been documented in a real, live, scientific paper, peer reviewed, and published. According to your own ideology, it is final. Period. End of story. She was Homo sapien...........

..........and tool use, or the lack thereof..........

.........had nothing to do with it.

Isn't that correct?

Just now, Huntster said:

It's a burger. She was Homo sapien. Human. She used no fire, spoke no language, used no technology whatsoever. Yet, she was both human and Homo sapien. Genetics says so, and the dictionary say so.

Tool use has absolutely nothing to do with it. Hair covered body has nothing to do with it. Running fast has nothing to do with it. Great strength has nothing to do with it. Facial expressions have nothing to do with it. Reverse all that.........it has nothing to do with it. Her DNA has determined her to be Homo sapien, it has been documented in a real, live, scientific paper, peer reviewed, and published. According to your own ideology, it is final. Period. End of story. She was Homo sapien...........

..........and tool use, or the lack thereof..........

.........had nothing to do with it.

Isn't that correct?

All you have is a DNA sample and a bunch of stories.

Someone digs you up 200 years from now with your size 8.5 head and all of the sudden you were leaping tall building….

Do we have her skeleton? Do we have anything to collaborate any thing? 

13 minutes ago, norseman said:

Human to me? Means Homo Sapien.........

You are not an English dictionary, and you are not a taxonomist. There are people out there with all kinds if problems with words, and they remain incorrect.

.......I am pretty sure that if Todd Disotell found degraded Neanderthal DNA or Denisovan DNA? They would be shouting it from the roof tops…......

I'm pretty sure you're correct. However, if he found DNA that was unverifiable as either Homo sapien, Homo Denisovan, or Homo Neanderthalis, I'm not sure what he would do.

14 minutes ago, Huntster said:

You are not an English dictionary, and you are not a taxonomist. There are people out there with all kinds if problems with words, and they remain incorrect.

I'm pretty sure you're correct. However, if he found DNA that was unverifiable as either Homo sapien, Homo Denisovan, or Homo Neanderthalis, I'm not sure what he would do.

I understand that you’re enthralled with the story of Zana. But again all you have is a DNA sample from her supposed son that verifies a man’s mother was part African. In other words? Homo Sapien. Besides Georgerm asked about BIGFOOT. No one is claiming Zana was a Bigfoot. Zana was not from North America. So whatever Zana was or was not is not germane to the topic at hand,

We have all 3 species genome. So how would it be unverified?

7 minutes ago, norseman said:

Thank you for the Latin lecture….it doesn’t change anything.........

You're welcome, and correct. The genus Homo is made up of humans. That's why they're called Homo (human).

......If I dropped a Homo Habilis into your lap? You wouldn’t call it “human” after it stabbed your dog to death and broke your table into kindling and was cooking your dog in the front lawn. It’s never going to be a Homo Sapien.......

Correct. It remains a Homo Habilis, human, and quite dead, because I'd shoot him full of holes. Self defense. Lawyers trump scientists.

BTW, I wasn't the guy who named him Homo Habilis. One of your fabled scientists did that. You might want to take up your word problem with him.

.....But you understand that it goes by the aggregate of the species.........

You understand that. When the DNA is available, I'm going with that.

........There are variances within a species........

Correct. Some have big heads, some have small heads. Some are covered with hair, some are bald. Some use fire, some do not. Some use tools, others do not. 

But when the DNA coms back as Homo sapien, they are Homo sapien, and human.

.....And vast variances within a genus.......

Correct. Your Homo Habilis looks more like a chimp than a man. Artists have a lot of license, don't they?

.......Hence why Homo Habilis being the oldest species in our genus has a brain half your size........

There are a whole bunch of Homo sapiens out there with big brains and no intelligence whatsoever.

........Which means he isn’t going to ever invent the longer lasting light bulb........

He has no need for a light bulb, especially since he has no electricity.

3 minutes ago, norseman said:

I understand that you’re enthralled with the story of Zana. But again all you have is a DNA sample from her supposed son that verifies a man’s mother was part African. In other words? Homo Sapien. Besides Georgerm asked about BIGFOOT. No one is claiming Zana was a Bigfoot. Zana was not from North America. So whatever Zana was or was not is not germane to the topic at hand,

We have all 3 species genome. So how would it be unverified?

Enjoy your ride. I'm done pushing it.

268C1DDA-1F73-4E7C-88AF-3530E7971FBF.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Enjoy your ride. I'm done pushing it.

268C1DDA-1F73-4E7C-88AF-3530E7971FBF.jpeg

The only merry go round here appears to be called Zana….

5 minutes ago, norseman said:

The only merry go round here appears to be called Zana….

Zana wasn't a merry go round. She was a Homo sapien. Human. Who never used fire, tools, or speech.

11 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Zana wasn't a merry go round. She was a Homo sapien. Human. Who never used fire, tools, or speech.

She also wasn’t a Bigfoot….🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Huntster said:

What species are these two animals?

5A6C1F22-6A42-4D30-99D6-2E422EB71A6D.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Is this a dog or human? Canis lupus familiaris, or Homo sapien?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxana_Malaya

44B81C23-D2ED-4EEF-9E82-9A62CA677799.jpeg

It’s a human that evidently thinks she is a dog.