Why has bigfoot not been listed as an endangered species?

georgerm

14 hours ago, Twist said:

You want me to stop “slapping” you on the face.

Yes. Quit it.

Answer these real simple question.

1.  How many E-DNA samples have you sent off to be tested?  

2.  How many lawsuits have you filed against the government in regards to BF?

1.  I have found nothing to be tested.

2.  You've read this thread. What do YOU think. It's a process and you just love jumping the gun like it happens overnight. Finding someone who will take the case isn't easy. Try it instead of wasting your time getting me to do the work. I've already gone farther than anyone and the email is only 6 weeks old. So go pound sand and stop trying to look like you have anything to offer.. It'll happen when it happens. So just sit back and do what you always do- which is nothing.

No word salad, no misdirection.   Answer each Q?    

Reason being:

Question 1 was your last crusade here on the BF.  Did you practice what you preach?   I’ve inferred, from you, that you have yet to send your own E-DNA test out.

Question 2.   Do you practice what you preach, do you follow thru.

1.  I answered that one. already.

2.  Of course I do, to the best of my ability. Care to help out? It's a rhetorical question because You answer will be, "No, I don't want to do ANYTHING to advance this BF subject  but badger hiflier. Because the quicker I try to hurry him the quicker he will fail." Your transparency is laughable.

Your game and agenda is the only thing that failing here. Always has, always will. Could be a good time to alter your approach. It doesn't work, and never will.

15 hours ago, norseman said:

They did say it.

15 hours ago, Twist said:

Because their stance is very simply, it doesn’t exist.

They DIDN'T say it. It's was only alluded to and left for me to assume. Not good enough.

17 hours ago, norseman said:

The Grizzly is real and King Neptune is not.

The heck he isn’t, I met him when I became a Shellback.  He arose out of the sea and was even piped aboard:  King Neptune and his Royal Court, arriving….

Curiously he looked like one of our old Chiefs with a fake beard. 😉

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

.........The ESA started in 1973 and requires a 'species' to work with. Regardless of our enduring enthusiasm, without a Linnaeus taxonomy listing, we are not going to see an ESA listing........

In a courtroom, anything can happen legally. Science is subservient to the guy in the black robe. The current Gender Wars are examples. The court battles do not fight for Johnny to have the right to be a woman. They fight for the "right" for Johnny to compete against women and collect their blue ribbons. They fight for you and I to be forced to call Johnny a woman. They fight for Johnny to have the right to use the women's locker room. Scientifically, Johnny never was and never can be a woman.  The goal is to manipulate society by manipulating the guy in the black robe, not put yourself in a scientific strait jacket. 

Thus, an ESA suit against the USFWS's refusal to list sasquatches isn't to force them to recognize the existence of sasquatches. It's to force them legally to perform that which the ESA was enacted to force them to do; study wildlife population densities, something the agency has never done in the case of sasquatches, and which they will admit they've never done, thereby both proving the accusation of the plaintiff, and explaining why the agency is ignorant of their existence.

........Please continue when our cousin in the genus homo has a legal description.

That will never happen, because the same agencies that would oversee an ESA study does not want them to have a legal description, which is likely to be human.

That is your "circular continuum"........

8 hours ago, hiflier said:

They DIDN'T say it. It's was only alluded to and left for me to assume. Not good enough.

so your stance is because they did not say “Bigfoot does not exist”  they are on the hook?  Come on!   That’s like 3rd grade logic.  The government does not acknowledge the existence of BF.   Them saying it is a recreational activity is their way of NOT saying we are out here chasing imaginary creatures like fools.    Stop with the idea this is some “got ya”.   This isn’t.   You have posted umpteen times about it,   You have nothing, they are not in a corner.  Move on.  In 8 months you’ll be on to some new “method”, you’ll be claiming we are complacent, and I’ll be proverbially slapping you again.    Goodness can we quit the cycle ????

***slap****

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, hiflier said:

So just sit back and do what you always do- which is nothing.

Bold of you to assume I do nothing.  

Just because I do not pontificate on the forums about my ideas.   Notice I said ideas and not actions.    As you admitted, your last year long song and dance  about E-DNA has resulted in 0, yes 0 E-DNA tests from you.   Yet you chastise the forum for not participating…….

I have a new camping rig.   I’ve done multiple trips up into the upper parts of the LP of Michigan.   I have done 7 days in Michigans upper UP.   I have been out there.  I just don’t post and pontificate to others to do the same.   

***NOTE****. 

If I operated as Hiflier did, I’d be on here each day chastising the forum for not having boots on the ground each opportunity available. In every thread I post in.   I’d be upset that EVERYONE is not out doing what it takes to document BF.   Being where BF could potentially be!!   I’d even go as far to chastise him for being lazy and just writing and suing the government to do my/our job for us.   Let’s not discover BF ourselves, but convince our honest government to tell us about it!!! 

Edited by Twist
  • Upvote 1

IIRC,  Terence Hill is from Italy. You have to appreciate the use of olive oil on the skin to get that all-day sweaty look for the camera with Hill's movies and spaghetti westerns.

I looked over a few old files. In this century, a Washington State senator tried the cryptid angle. In 2017, SB 5816 : Designating Sasquatch the official cryptid or crypto-animal of Washington. The bill did not advance to floor vote.  Interesting approach in the way of using 'cryptid'.

There are several counties in Washington that prohibit the hunting/shooting/killing of Sasquatch.

In 1970, Governor Dan Evans wrote a proclamation designating "the Great Sasquatch" as the state monster.  The 19 page file that has background on the proclamation is a good read. There are poems/songs that are kind of a hoot. Good for 1970.

Pre ESA:

https://files.constantcontact.com/2a891e10301/7a40e75e-be75-4131-ba97-8f397639730e.pdf?ver=1515624884000

just throwing gas on the fire here

And, the eDNA sampling techniques are readily available and work well for 'other' animals. Humans will contaminate the samples.

Edited by Catmandoo
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, hiflier said:

Yes. Quit it.

1.  I have found nothing to be tested.

2.  You've read this thread. What do YOU think. It's a process and you just love jumping the gun like it happens overnight. Finding someone who will take the case isn't easy. Try it instead of wasting your time getting me to do the work. I've already gone farther than anyone and the email is only 6 weeks old. So go pound sand and stop trying to look like you have anything to offer.. It'll happen when it happens. So just sit back and do what you always do- which is nothing.

1.  I answered that one. already.

2.  Of course I do, to the best of my ability. Care to help out? It's a rhetorical question because You answer will be, "No, I don't want to do ANYTHING to advance this BF subject  but badger hiflier. Because the quicker I try to hurry him the quicker he will fail." Your transparency is laughable.

Your game and agenda is the only thing that failing here. Always has, always will. Could be a good time to alter your approach. It doesn't work, and never will.

I thought E DNA samples were just water samples? Why would you need to find “something” to be tested? Chart all the lakes in your area and take a couple of samples in each?🤷‍♂️

As far as all the rest? Everyone contributes in their own way. And people choose what they want to share. None of us have found Bigfoot. It’s not a competition. Right now in my current condition in which my chest is still not fused, I am not in the mountains bouncing around. I share trail camera pics of animals on the property. That’s about it.

I was watching Expedition Bigfoot last night and they found and scanned a hand print in the mud by a crick. I said to myself! They should take a soil sample for E DNA!👍

15 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Fear is never boring............

This thread has accumulated 17 pages. Wow.  I looked it over and personally call the style 'circular continuum'.  The ESA started in 1973 and requires a 'species' to work with. Regardless of our enduring enthusiasm, without a Linnaeus taxonomy listing, we are not going to see an ESA listing. The hypothetical fictional courtroom jargon in this thread goes no where. Bailiff, .................

Please continue when our cousin in the genus homo has a legal description.

"Regardless of our enduring enthusiasm, without a Linnaeus taxonomy listing, we are not going to see an ESA listing", said Catmandoo. 

Back in Linnaeus's time a body was needed, but today we can prove bigfoot exists without a body. Let's name some ways to prove bigfoot exists with the tools science provides.

Science has come a longways since Linnaeus's time. One video like the Patterson/Gimlin film should have motivated the federal Fish and Wildlife department long ago. They should have been gathering bigfoot data for many, many years now. It's their **** job that pays $100 per hour to go about collecting bigfoot's hair and and $125 per hour to collect its poop. 

The political wing of government has overruled the scientific wing. Will timber money go to pot or way down if bigfoot is proven to live in productive forest? You tell us how this will happen. 

We want the fuc...ing truth to be known...... it's the law. Bigfoot is out there. Around 1980 one snuck up on our night camp and was watching us......... for a snack? It's our biologists' job to warn the public, find, and document bigfoot or fire their butts along with their bosses. 

As Hiflier has stated, bigfoot's DNA can be extracted from downstream water if bigfoot lives up stream. Who but the Fish and Wildlife department has the bucks to spend lots of time and money on this project? Build a fire under their butts to get to work or else.......... bye, bye to a cushy job. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

IIRC,  Terence Hill is from Italy. You have to appreciate the use of olive oil on the skin to get that all-day sweaty look for the camera with Hill's movies and spaghetti westerns.........

When it comes to slapping, Terence and Bud are simply the pros.

19 minutes ago, georgerm said:

........One video like the Patterson/Gimlin film should have motivated the federal Fish and Wildlife department long ago. They should have been gathering bigfoot data for many, many years now.........

Quoted for truth.

33 minutes ago, georgerm said:

"Regardless of our enduring enthusiasm, without a Linnaeus taxonomy listing, we are not going to see an ESA listing", said Catmandoo. 

Back in Linnaeus's time a body was needed, but today we can prove bigfoot exists without a body. Let's name some ways to prove bigfoot exists with the tools science provides.

Science has come a longways since Linnaeus's time. One video like the Patterson/Gimlin film should have motivated the federal Fish and Wildlife department long ago. They should have been gathering bigfoot data for many, many years now. It's their **** job that pays $100 per hour to go about collecting bigfoot's hair and and $125 per hour to collect its poop. 

The political wing of government has overruled the scientific wing. Will timber money go to pot or way down if bigfoot is proven to live in productive forest? You tell us how this will happen. 

We want the fuc...ing truth to be known...... it's the law. Bigfoot is out there. Around 1980 one snuck up on our night camp and was watching us......... for a snack? It's our biologists' job to warn the public, find, and document bigfoot or fire their butts along with their bosses. 

As Hiflier has stated, bigfoot's DNA can be extracted from downstream water if bigfoot lives up stream. Who but the Fish and Wildlife department has the bucks to spend lots of time and money on this project? Build a fire under their butts to get to work or else.......... bye, bye to a cushy job. 

Yes and no. We can get the ball rolling with a solid DNA hit. Absolutely. But…. We are still gonna need a male and female type specimens for an extant species. 

They probably have been collecting Bigfoot evidence all this time. Just as the military has been collecting UFO evidence all this time.

They just don’t share it with the public, and deny its existence officially. 

In order to split this thing wide open? We need our own physical evidence that flys in the face of their official narrative. Video, photos, foot casts….. none of that works. We need a body, or a part of a body. DNA I don’t exactly trust. Anything that is sent away to a lab? The government can put the screws to. 40 years later Peter Byrne’s hair sample came back as Deer….. Peter Byrne doesn’t know what Deer hair looks like???🤔 It’s probably the most common hair found in the forest. But if we can get a solid DNA hit of a novel Primate? It’s not going to hurt us. But it still won’t be the end of it.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

.......They probably have been collecting Bigfoot evidence all this time. Just as the military has been collecting UFO evidence all this time.

They just don’t share it with the public, and deny its existence officially. 

In order to split this thing wide open? We need our own physical evidence that flys in the face of their official narrative. Video, photos, foot casts….. none of that works. We need a body, or a part of a body. DNA I don’t exactly trust........

So let's say you kill a sasquatch while on a deer hunt. It's a mature female like Patty; 7' tall, and 550 lbs. 

Knowing (or even just suspecting) that government might want to suppress widespread knowledge of these creatures, what do you do next?