Why has bigfoot not been listed as an endangered species?

georgerm

20 minutes ago, Huntster said:

There's always something to fear. The moral is to beware or stay home.

Understood.

But that’s not the point I am trying to make. Science is how we discern reality from fiction. I may fear a Grizzly ripping my face off and choose to stay home or not. But I no longer have to sacrifice a lamb at an altar to make a safe ocean crossing by appeasing King Neptune. The Grizzly is real and King Neptune is not.

All I want to know is how they determined that hunting a creature commonly referred to as Bigfoot or Sasquatch is a recreational activity, and apparently nothing more than that. That's all. No biggie right?

And if that is all it is? Then qualify it by simply saying it's recreational because it isn't real. Why make me assume that that's what you are telling me? So. Yeah. Make 'em say it.

Edited by hiflier

9 minutes ago, hiflier said:

All I want to know is how they determined that hunting a creature commonly referred to as Bigfoot or Sasquatch is a recreational activity, and apparently nothing more than that. That's all. No biggie right?

And if that is all it is? Then qualify it by simply saying it's recreational because it isn't real. Why make me assume that that's what you are telling me? So. Yeah. Make 'em say it.

They did say it. It’s a mythological creature. It’s a recreational activity like larping in the forest and hitting each other with foam swords. It’s a complete dismissal of Sasquatch being real. 

And what makes makes me hot under the collar? What makes a New York State biologist informed enough to say “no such creature exists anywhere in the world”? Has he been hiking in the Himalayas lately? Sumatra? Siberia? Amazon? British Columbia?

The problem with science today? It’s lost its sense of discovery. They only pursue safe bets and guaranteed grants and funding. What does a New York State biologist know about cryptid animals in remote corners of the planet? Nothing….

17 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Because their stance is very simply, It doesn’t exist.   It’s not a mystery.   It’s not a secret.  The government, right, wrong, or indifferent, does not acknowledge BF.

Sue them over it, go ahead, believe that them saying it’s ”recreational” has them in some corner.   You’ll be spinning your wheel and wasting time and money.   They will not admit anything based on some little letter you have.    You could have a letter stating flat out that BF exists.  They would dismiss or bury your rear end in court to deny it.

The government will never acknowledge BF as a species until it’s backed into a legit corner where it is FORCED to it!  

Want to know why,   Follow the $$$.   It sees more financial loss in BF at this point than gain.  Very simple.  

9 hours ago, Huntster said:

I'm quite confident that a "statement of truth" will never come from government once they've decided a policy or course of action/inaction.

But accepting the obvious is important in deciding one's own course of action/inaction. 

Thus, if one's goal is to prove to the world that sasquatches exist, and if government(s) don't want that to happen, how should one proceed?

One needs to consider the economic effects if Sasquatch is forced on the federal Fish and Wildlife Department (FWD). To proceed a group of quasi scientists like us can find a scientist to take on the task of following the Fish and Wildlife Department's application process to prove Bigfoot does exist and then to prove it is an endangered species.  

43 minutes ago, Twist said:

Because their stance is very simply, It doesn’t exist.

No offense but I want them to actually SAY it. Those very words: "It doesn't exist". Not just hint at it and then leave it to me to fill in the spaces.

43 minutes ago, Twist said:

They will not admit anything based on some little letter you have

Not some "little letter", Twist. An email. And I'm the ONLY one in the BF community that has it. And there's a reason for that, Twist, it's because I pushed for it and worked through the system over months to do it. Me, one random person. If it was easy everyone would have such a USFWS reply to wave around. No one does. If anyone in the BF community really cared they would be knocking on the same doors I knocked on. No one has. So no matter how you try to reduce it to something meaningless? It isn't.

You just can't stop slapping me in the face can you. And everyone sees you doing it. Good job.

Edited by hiflier

7 minutes ago, hiflier said:

No offense but I want them to actually SAY it. Those very words: "It doesn't exist". Not just hint at it and then leave it to me to fill in the spaces.

Not some "little letter", Twist. An email. And I'm the ONLY one in the BF community that has it. And there's a reason for that, Twist, it's because I pushed for it and worked through the system over months to do it. Me, one random person. If it was easy everyone would have such a USFWS reply to wave around. No one does. If anyone in the BF community really cared they would be knocking on the same doors I knocked on. No one has. So no matter how you try to reduce it to something meaningless? It isn't.

You just can't stop slapping me in the face can you. And everyone sees you doing it. Good job.

You want me to stop “slapping” you on the face.   Answer these real simple question.

1.  How many E-DNA samples have you sent off to be tested?  

2.  How many lawsuits have you filed against the government in regards to BF?

No word salad, no misdirection.   Answer each Q?    

Reason being:

Question 1 was your last crusade here on the BF.  Did you practice what you preach?   I’ve inferred, from you, that you have yet to send your own E-DNA test out.

Question 2.   Do you practice what you preach, do you follow thru.

So real simple,   One response.  Yes or no ? 

Edited by Twist
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Huntster said:

I'm quite confident that a "statement of truth" will never come from government once they've decided a policy or course of action/inaction.

But accepting the obvious is important in deciding one's own course of action/inaction. 

Thus, if one's goal is to prove to the world that sasquatches exist, and if government(s) don't want that to happen, how should one proceed?

Sometimes emotions run high since many of us are passionate about Sasquatch. We are like an engine with many moving parts that get hot, but let's not melt the metal. We need to focus on the topic that is to pass a law to protect bigfoot's family and kids. We all play a part in my opinion.   

One needs to consider the economic effects if sasquatch is forced on the federal Fish and Wildlife Department (FWD). To proceed a group of quasi scientists like us can find a scientist to take on the task of following the Fish and Wildlife Department's application process to prove Bigfoot does exist and then to prove it is an endangered species.  

1 hour ago, norseman said:

.......Science is how we discern reality from fiction........

Like climate science?

........But I no longer have to sacrifice a lamb at an altar to make a safe ocean crossing by appeasing King Neptune.......

You never did.......unless you believed you did. 

Today, you must sacrifice your Dodge Ram and travel on an electric train. Watch for the terrorists under the bridge........

........The Grizzly is real and King Neptune is not.

As wary if grizzlies as I am, I think the ocean (formerly called Neptune) is much more dangerous. 

20 hours ago, Huntster said:

So you think it's possible that these creatures have completely eluded the attention of the U.S. government, even on Ft. Lewis, WA, for well over a century?

As you said, Huntster, "Keeping a secret is different than a cover up."  There is no doubt that Government employees have seen the animals known as Sasquatch.  There are way too many Government employees per capita for that to have never happened.  Perhaps they even mentioned it to their co-workers/boss.  But, that is most likely exactly where it ended.  No follow-up, no resources applied and a majority disbelief in the eye-witness account.  Such is the nature of Sasquatch and pretty much all other paranormal.  Very few people are going out on a limb, perhaps risking their comfy job, to insist on devoting Government/Company resources to Sasquatch research.  Even knowers can see the extreme difficulty (impossibility?) in obtaining concrete proof.   

I would love to see the full publication of that 'Washington Environmental Atlas' by the Army Corps of Engineers that describes Sasquatch in detail, Norseman.  There were definitely times in the past when people were more willing to consider the possibility of things which we do not yet understand.  Not sure when the average human became "omniscient" (perhaps with the advent of the Internet) but, that is unfortunate because the human race still has far more to learn than we can even imagine.

• Thanks 1

IMPORTANT- I do not necessarily recommend clicking this link because the pdf is 292 MB and will likely hose many computers!!!  lol  :banghead: But, this is the Washington Environmental Altas from 1975 that I think Norseman was referencing above ->  https://documents2.theblackvault.com/documents/usace/Washington1975Atlas-Sasquatch.pdf  Again, maybe don't click that link unless you are patient with such things and have a very fast internet connection and a fairly powerful computer!  292 MB is an extremely large file! The images below are sort of the cliff notes from the reference in that document regarding Sasquatch.  And, this is all I see there.  Although the Corps of Engineers did include Sasquatch in their list of Animals, I would not say that they gave Sasquatch any Official recognition, at least not in that Atlas:

letter-from-FOIA-Officer.jpg

WEA-1975-1.jpg

WEA-1975-2.jpg

Edited by xspider1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

Like climate science?

You never did.......unless you believed you did. 

Today, you must sacrifice your Dodge Ram and travel on an electric train. Watch for the terrorists under the bridge........

As wary if grizzlies as I am, I think the ocean (formerly called Neptune) is much more dangerous. 

Like my double bypass surgery. They didn't drill into my head to release the demons….

1 hour ago, xspider1 said:

IMPORTANT- I do not necessarily recommend clicking this link because the pdf is 292 MB and will likely hose many computers!!!  lol  :banghead: But, this is the Washington Environmental Altas from 1975 that I think Norseman was referencing above ->  https://documents2.theblackvault.com/documents/usace/Washington1975Atlas-Sasquatch.pdf  Again, maybe don't click that link unless you are patient with such things and have a very fast internet connection and a fairly powerful computer!  292 MB is an extremely large file! The images below are sort of the cliff notes from the reference in that document regarding Sasquatch.  And, this is all I see there.  Although the Corps of Engineers did include Sasquatch in their list of Animals, I would not say that they gave Sasquatch any Official recognition, at least not in that Atlas:

letter-from-FOIA-Officer.jpg

WEA-1975-1.jpg

WEA-1975-2.jpg

@Gigantor 

That should be pinned somewhere or catalogued.

10 hours ago, Huntster said:

There's always something to fear.

Fear is never boring............

This thread has accumulated 17 pages. Wow.  I looked it over and personally call the style 'circular continuum'.  The ESA started in 1973 and requires a 'species' to work with. Regardless of our enduring enthusiasm, without a Linnaeus taxonomy listing, we are not going to see an ESA listing. The hypothetical fictional courtroom jargon in this thread goes no where. Bailiff, .................

Please continue when our cousin in the genus homo has a legal description.

• Thanks 1