Why has bigfoot not been listed as an endangered species?

georgerm

7 hours ago, hiflier said:

I thought that the skeleton that was exhumed was thought to be Zana because of its mitochondrial DNA match to Kwit. There may have been other physical clues as well, though I haven't read the whole article.

It was. Her skull was found and positively matched to Khwit's DNA. It's science. Confirmed. Peer reviewed. Published. Not. story. Finished. Incontrovertible. Adjectived to the ummmpth degree. 

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

5 hours ago, Twist said:

It’s a futile argument..........

It's almost always futile to argue with the Huntster.......or the Norseman.......or the Twist.

😂😂 Very true!   

I find the story of Zana fascinating, even if I hold a slightly different opinion than you.  She was certainly a unique individual, even if just half the legend is true.   It’s your narrative of her that got me to read more so I thank you for that.    

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Huntster said:

It was. Her skull was found and positively matched to Khwit's DNA. It's science. Confirmed. Peer reviewed. Published. Not. story. Finished. Incontrovertible. Adjectived to the ummmpth degree. 

Oh! Now the science is incontrovertible!🤣🤣🤣

Awesome! Thank you! This still doesn’t mean she did all of the things folklore said, etc.

And did her skull look normal? Was it very large? Any morphology?

@georgerm

It would appear the skeleton I linked has a sagittal crest. The one Meldrum had 3D printed. I believe he thinks it’s in the Paranthropus family.

https://australian.museum/learn/science/human-evolution/paranthropus-species/

Dr. Jeffrey Meldrum is a professor of Anatomy and Anthropology. His lab in Pocatello, Idaho, houses over 300 footprint casts from a mysterious North American primate. He is the author of “Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science,” which explores the scientific evidence for Bigfoot.

“Other than the occasional naughty child, the Sasquatch diet appears to be rather omnivorous. That is, they have a quite-varied diet, including everything from roots and berries to salmon and elk.

“They don’t have the claws or projecting canines of a carnivore. Instead, they have manual dexterity and massive jaws with enormous, thickly-enameled grinding teeth, allowing them to process foods unavailable to competitors like bears. Their size and presumed primate gut physiology could make it possible to digest and detoxify a wider range of plant materials, from lichens to alder leaves. Natives complained of them stealing salmon from drying racks. Hunters witnessed them snatching deer from their sights.”

Ive never given it much thought that it may be able to eat things a Bear cannot. What was the Sasquatch up on Mica mountain BC eating? It was leaves of some sort.

7 hours ago, norseman said:

Oh! Now the science is incontrovertible!🤣🤣🤣

Isn't that how the game is played? Once one has a peer reviewed publication in an "accepted" journal, it becomes gospel? 

.......Awesome! Thank you! This still doesn’t mean she did all of the things folklore said, etc........

Deny all you wish. Margaryan accepted her extraordinary traits as "well documented", and they were. There wasn't a single individual interviewed or a car load. It was a village, many of whom had personal experiences with her. 

The bottom lines are really quite simple:

* Zana existed

* Zana was very, very extraordinary in many ways, including her size, being covered in auburn hair, and her behaviors

* Zana was feral, and exhibited all the common traits of a feral *human*

* Zana was believed by the locals to be an almas

* Zana perfectly fit the description of an almas 

* Zana was genetically Homo sapien

* Margaryan decried Zana's treatment as immoral due to her humanity in his peer reviewed scientific analysis of her DNA

* You have a great problem with even the hint that at least part of the sasquatch phenomenon might be explained as feral Homo sapiens, and are fighting a well documented and scientifically examined case 

.......And did her skull look normal? Was it very large? Any morphology?

The scientist Margaryan obviously didn't find such details important enough to comment on in his peer reviewed publication. 

Imagine that.........

Edited by Huntster

7 hours ago, norseman said:

.......And did her skull look normal? Was it very large? Any morphology?

Khwit's skull was compared to a local man's skull in an earlier study.

EFA9F555-A84D-428B-9DFE-6BE988C53F55.jpeg

I feel compelled to tell you guys that Homo isn't latin for human, it's Latin for "like" or "same" as opposed to hetero, meaning different, hence homozygous vs heterozygous, or the obvious example of homosexual(same sex) vs heterosexual (different sexes).

In regards to Zana, I've always had trouble with Sykes determination that she's african, or of African heritage, her line probably brought to the region as a slave, within the last 10000years but none the less 100% sapiens. Have their been ANY reports of records that mention any people or people's retaining full body covering of the or hair, accompanied by tremendous size, be they feral or otherwise?

What's the likelihood that say Zanas distant relatives escaped their enslavement, even 5K years ago, do you really think that the genes for fur would "reactivate" in so short a time? Maybe within a Lamarckian genetic reality, but we don't live there. I could see it more likely that if what Sykes reported was true and that she was fully human, that she then came from a line that never lost the fur in the first place, rather than gained it back due to exposure to the cold of the local winters.  But if that were the case then wouldn't there be record or  lore that speaks of a giant race of hairy beings, other than gorillas, living somewhere between Africa and that region of europe, or even much mention of hair covered humans anywhere?  

As I've posted before, it's my current position that sasquatch represent the descendents of hybrid hominids that crossed the bering strait prior the Pleistocene "megafication" of many of the mammal species present at the time, thus megafauna hominds. 

My hybrid theory seems further supported by the case of Zana, for regardless of her actual DNA make up, she had four children, and who knows how many possible miscarriages, and despite her tremendous size and full body covering of hair or fur, there were still at least four full blooded H.sapiens that decided "yeah, I'd hit that!" thereby lending credence to my theory of Man the Sex Monkey and how rather than by direct slaughter, H. sapiens drove the others into oblivion by integradation and a complement of dominant genes.

However a lot of what went down over the course of the Sykes report makes me question the results it resulted in, peer-reviewed or not! 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, guyzonthropus said:

I feel compelled to tell you guys that Homo isn't latin for human, it's Latin for "like" or "same" as opposed to hetero, meaning different, hence homozygous vs heterozygous, or the obvious example of homosexual(same sex) vs heterosexual (different sexes)...........

Merriam-Webster:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homo#:~:text=%3A a gay person,term of abuse and disparagement

any of a genus (Homo) of hominids that includes modern humans (H. sapiens) and several extinct related species (such as H. erectus and H. habilis)

Latin Dictionary.net

https://latin-dictionary.net/search/latin/homo

man, human being, person, fellow

Science Dictionary

https://www.thesciencedictionary.com/results/?q=homo#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=homo&gsc.page=1

The term "homo" can have different meanings depending on the context. In the field of anthropology and paleontology, "homo" refers to the genus of primates that includes modern humans (Homo sapiens) and our closest extinct relatives. It is used to classify different species within this genus, such as Homo erectus and Homo habilis. These species represent different stages in human evolution. Additionally, "homo" can also refer to the prefix used in terms like "homoromantic" and "homosexual," which describe sexual or romantic attraction to individuals of the same gender.

In classic form, the Science Dictionary outlines how *humans* can manipulate The Word to mean whatever they want it to mean, then manipulate the hearers to eventually accept that meaning. But "in the beginning", the Latin word for *human* was Homo. If sasquatches suddenly get thrust into world affairs and it has already been determined that we can't afford another species of *humans* to share the planet with legally, socially, ideologically, economically, and in all the other ways *sharing* requires, I'm quite sure that Science will *create* another genus to put these poor creatures in so to make everything fit.

On 11/10/2023 at 6:32 PM, Huntster said:

If it looks like an almas, sounds like an almas, behaves like an almas, smells like an almas............it might be an almas........even though it's genetically Homo sapien.

That seems to either being missed or deliberately ignored.    Almas MIGHT be H. sapiens.   That possibility seems to unhinge those desperate to prove bigfoot.    If we follow the science, we will eventually find truth.  (Eventually can be a long time!)  If we choose not to follow science, we create religion.   That happens in the BF world as well.  :(

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, MIB said:

That seems to either being missed or deliberately ignored.........That possibility seems to unhinge those desperate to prove bigfoot.........

I think it's both, depending on the individual and his/her needs.

........Almas MIGHT be H. sapiens........  

The almas phenomenon is much like the sasquatch phenomenon, but there is little doubt that sasquatches are often described as being so enormous as to go beyond modern Homo sapien size range. Almas are usually described as within human ranges........but sometimes larger, like with Zana.

Even many sasquatch sightings are described as within human size range, and are usually accepted as juveniles. 

A review of Tirademan's historical collection of news articles reveal several that read like feral Homo sapiens. If one is to be intellectually honest, one has to accept that a percentage of reports are misidentifications, some manufactured, some hoaxed, and some might be feral Homo sapiens, especially since the Zana affair proves that has occurred in the past.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, MIB said:

That seems to either being missed or deliberately ignored.    Almas MIGHT be H. sapiens.   That possibility seems to unhinge those desperate to prove bigfoot.    If we follow the science, we will eventually find truth.  (Eventually can be a long time!)  If we choose not to follow science, we create religion.   That happens in the BF world as well.  :(

I think we can parse out a bit of relations based on morphology alone. Now I no nothing about the Almas. But I flatly reject Patty is a Homo Sapien.

If this is accurate I would heavily question their relation to us as they look very close to Patty.

https://cryptidz.fandom.com/wiki/Almas

If Patty is a Homo Sapien? Show me another woman in the world like her?

Hunster...from etymonline...

1)Hom, homo ~word-forming element meaning "same, the same, equal, like"(opposed to hetero-) from Greek homos"one and the same"

But I noted that the definition you chose was specific to anthropological context which certainly is applicable here. 

And of course, I also noted it was from Greek rather than latin... Those greeks!