Why has bigfoot not been listed as an endangered species?

georgerm

47 minutes ago, norseman said:

The artists renditions are not opinion…. remember those genes you agreed were precise?

https://newsroom.unsw.edu.au/news/science-tech/neanderthals-didnt-give-us-red-hair-they-certainly-changed-way-we-sleep

Do those genes describe skin texture? Hairiness or baldness? 

Q: Why do these two images of Homo habilis differ?

A: Because two different artists were contracted to create them.

(Note: The hairy Homo habilis below was an image portrayed at the Smithsonian, so their prestige must win, right?)

C02648C9-5499-40DA-83EA-72CDBACE6330.jpeg

B26F1E6B-A658-431C-9E5E-E8E185669308.jpeg

10 hours ago, Huntster said:

Do those genes describe skin texture? Hairiness or baldness? 

Q: Why do these two images of Homo habilis differ?

A: Because two different artists were contracted to create them.

(Note: The hairy Homo habilis below was an image portrayed at the Smithsonian, so their prestige must win, right?)

C02648C9-5499-40DA-83EA-72CDBACE6330.jpeg

B26F1E6B-A658-431C-9E5E-E8E185669308.jpeg

Looks the same to me.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

Looks the same to me.

Really? The top one looks like a chimp. The second looks like a surfer with a flattened nose.

How about these, all copied from a google query of "Homo habilis" images. One looks like a sasquatch.

F36F82E0-7C3A-4C24-B7BE-62693288B8CC.jpeg

F9CF3EA1-4AF5-4D24-95F4-72DD560A8EC8.jpeg

93E7755A-CB5D-457B-98AC-5DB1968A8A27.jpeg

3884F22E-7AE4-43E0-9D88-7F8015F44F6D.jpeg

D164DAEC-99C4-4742-9CC0-48B9EFB8F98C.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Really? The top one looks like a chimp. The second looks like a surfer with a flattened nose.

How about these, all copied from a google query of "Homo habilis" images. One looks like a sasquatch.

F36F82E0-7C3A-4C24-B7BE-62693288B8CC.jpeg

F9CF3EA1-4AF5-4D24-95F4-72DD560A8EC8.jpeg

93E7755A-CB5D-457B-98AC-5DB1968A8A27.jpeg

3884F22E-7AE4-43E0-9D88-7F8015F44F6D.jpeg

D164DAEC-99C4-4742-9CC0-48B9EFB8F98C.jpeg

And the first image has a flattened nose. 🤷‍♂️ The second photo is portrayed with long hair. I don’t think DNA will tell you if someone has had a hair cut or not.

Look, they all have a low forehead, large brow, flattened nose, projected mouth and wide cheekbones.

In no way do they look like a surfer dude. I don’t believe we have Homo Habilis genome yet. So these artists are simply going off of fossil evidence.

IMG_1418.jpeg

7 minutes ago, norseman said:

.........I don’t think DNA will tell you if someone has had a hair cut or not.........

Well, it only took a few dozen or so exchanges to finally get that out of you. So, are you ready to admit that DNA can't determine hairiness?

........Look, they all have a low forehead, large brow, flattened nose, projected mouth and wide cheekbones........

Pretty much. I'd say that was a defining morphology.

........So these artists are simply going off of fossil evidence.

And when it comes to the fleshy traits and hair (or lack thereof), they have free license, because nobody knows about those traits.

7 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Well, it only took a few dozen or so exchanges to finally get that out of you. So, are you ready to admit that DNA can't determine hairiness?

Pretty much. I'd say that was a defining morphology.

And when it comes to the fleshy traits and hair (or lack thereof), they have free license, because nobody knows about those traits.

🤔

Hairiness is determined by your DNA. Scissors or a sharp obsidian flake giving a haircut is not….🤷‍♂️

Except when you have cracked the genome. Then you get information like this.

https://www.science.org/content/article/tibetans-inherited-high-altitude-gene-ancient-human

50 minutes ago, norseman said:

..........Hairiness is determined by your DNA. Scissors or a sharp obsidian flake giving a haircut is not….🤷‍♂️

So DNA can reveal the differences in body hair between my brother and I? And Margaryan could have proven the claims that Zana was covered with hair? If so, why didn't he?

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

So DNA can reveal the differences in body hair between my brother and I? And Margaryan could have proven the claims that Zana was covered with hair? If so, why didn't he?

Possibly. If your brother has more of your mother vs father DNA. I read that they are turning a single gene on to give Chickens teeth instead of beaks!

But check me, but from what I read hypertrichosis is a genetic disorder. Which also means it’s hereditary. 

Bud, I am a dumb truck driver. But I do read a lot. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, norseman said:

.......Bud, I am a dumb truck driver. But I do read a lot. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, me too. I still have my CDL, even though I haven't driven a Class A vehicle in 21 years now. I read. lot, too, but I also know that a lot of BSers know how to write and draw........

A chicken with teeth? Yeah, they'll gave to show me that one. A pic isn't going to work. Even I can create one of those.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Yeah, me too. I still have my CDL, even though I haven't driven a Class A vehicle in 21 years now. I read. lot, too, but I also know that a lot of BSers know how to write and draw........

A chicken with teeth? Yeah, they'll gave to show me that one. A pic isn't going to work. Even I can create one of those.

Mine is in limbo until I can pass a DOT physical which may be never.🫤

They claim they have already done it.

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=1666805

https://www.livescience.com/7051-surprise-chickens-grow-teeth.html

Just how hairy Zana was or wasn't is a matter of urban legend.   We don't have photographs to go on, just artist renditions and just as scientists "prove" whatever the person paying for the research wanted proven, artists skew the depiction to fit whatever storyline they're pushing.     It may be convenient for the sake of argument to imagine her as the wolfman with fangs and a mono-brow but she might have only been in the 90th or 95th percentile so far as human hairiness by the descriptions I've read.    Khwit is "hairy" but not wildly so.   He's got half her DNA.   I'm not buying the storyline so I'm not buying the argument.

17 minutes ago, norseman said:

That makes gain-of-function virus games look tame. Now we have to watch out for killer chickens running around attacking people with beaks full of shark-like teeth.

2 minutes ago, MIB said:

Just how hairy Zana was or wasn't is a matter of urban legend.........

Actually, village legend. Mashkovtsev and Porschnev interviewed several residents of Tkhina in 1962 who were children when Zana was alive. 

34 minutes ago, Huntster said:

That makes gain-of-function virus games look tame. Now we have to watch out for killer chickens running around attacking people with beaks full of shark-like teeth.

Yes! This is the central message of the Jurassic Park movie series…..

4 hours ago, norseman said:

Yes! This is the central message of the Jurassic Park movie series…..

I thought that the central message  is that chickens taste like dinosaurs. Might be why Chic-fil-A has a 2 lane stack up at the drive through.

• Haha 1