Scariest Sasquatch Encounters You've Read/heard

Scarecrow

Thanks for bumping this back up! I read this thread last year and enjoyed it just as much this time. Window peaks are some of the worst.

Guest BFSleuth

... what is "teeth popping"?

Here's a video sound clip of a black bear "teeth popping" or "jaw popping", usually a sign you are too close and it's a warning.

Speaking on the window peaking. I remember seeing a TV show when I was pretty young, maybe Unexplained Mysteries. Where this family is filming itself on the couch singing Christmas songs or something and in the window in back of them this head pops up which kind of looked like an ewok from Star Wars but not. It was seriously terrifying and that was just from seeing it on a TV show. They did an investigation and the window was 8'-10' from the ground.

Considering they where armed with M16A1's with blanks I would have been scared to, even with live rounds in that weapon. In 68, gimme the M14 any day. Personally I believe there is a bit of desensitization that takes place with BF that choose to haunt military training areas. My own sighting took place during such an exercise and the Sasquatch did not seemed overly concerned when the artillery began firing several miles away.

I think there was a similar report on one of the MonsterQuest episodes where several soldiers were on nightime military maneuvers with M-16s and blanks where they witnessed 2 BFs up a hill.

Guest okiesquatchartist

Seems like I remember that monster quest as well. A friend of mine and fellow bigfoot enthusiast once told me a story about a hunter here in SE Oklahoma who found a bigfoot to be regularly visiting his house. If I remember correctly, the squatch was digging in his trash. Occording to my friend, the guy perched himself in a deer stand close to his home with the intention of shooting the squatch and did shoot it when it came back. He said that the hunter claimed that all of a sudden the woods came alive and a bunch of sasquai came in, snatched up the body and hauled it off. He didn't give an exact number or differentiate the genders of the sasquai but apparently it scared the hunter pretty bad.

Everyone might remember when I shared my phobia of a Bigfoot peeking in the window. Last night, and I cant remember for the life of me which podcast it was, a gentleman told a story of a couple that lived in a little cabin on their land. They had been hearing noises at night and something rubbing up against the cabin wall as well as screams and such. One night they heard the noises against the cabin walls and decided to see what it was. They had a picture window that was fairly low to the ground so they parked on the couch to see if whatever it was walked by the window. As they watched, a very LARGE head appeared in the window. Not from the side, not from the bottom, but peering in from the TOP looking at them upside down. Evidently the Bigfoot inched close to the side of the window and bent sideways and looked down as if it was on the roof looking in.(it wasnt on the roof) The lady started screaming and did not stop for several minutes and promptly demanded to move. They did the next morning, at least she did. After listening to that humdinger I almost left my house. By the way the picture window was described as being about 3 1/2 to 4 feet off the ground.

I think I read it on the forum, one of the scariest I've heard was this gut stopped at a closed rest area to relieve himself and heard noises over the bank and looked down and saw multiple BF's running up the bank towards him with incredible speed.

Is this the one you are referring to?: http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/jacksonOR.htm

I have my doubts about its authenticity, but is truly one of the more frightening stories nonetheless. It was discussed here.

@Scarecrow

Yeah, that's the one, the gun part i don't get, for no reason he jumps out and grabs a 12 gauge and has a 45 straped to his side,

like he's in zombie land :)

isn't it illegal to carry a handgun across state lines? I know in the east you cant do it.

that was another funny part, he has the 45 strapped on, but his son draws it.

still a scary story.

Edited by zigoapex

Guest BFSleuth

I believe this new BFRO sighting report qualifies as a genuinely scary series of encounters.

I'm noting some discrepancies in the original report and the follow up report (like did the skillet hit the ground and the BF run away or did the BF check out the skillet and walk away), but this seems like quite the series of encounters. The two bluff charges when the BF was spotlighted would get my attention.

I believe this new BFRO sighting report qualifies as a genuinely scary series of encounters.

I'm noting some discrepancies in the original report and the follow up report (like did the skillet hit the ground and the BF run away or did the BF check out the skillet and walk away), but this seems like quite the series of encounters. The two bluff charges when the BF was spotlighted would get my attention.

They also say they found the stick structure while camping and later it says they found it by his house after one of the encounters there. Lot of red flags with that report. Scary though.

Another really scary one I think is related to L-B-L. It supposedly happens right around the same time as the "campground massacre". Gas station attendant on the night shift hears whoops and screams out in the foggy woods that surround his isolated gas station. Over several days, the calls get closer and closer, until one night when he is working in an outbuilding something beats on the wall. He "forts up" in the outbuilding for a bit before making a dash for the station proper. A short time later, the screamer returns outside the glass fronted station front and starts circling it. Suddenly, a hairy hand and arm slam into the glass from out of the fog. Attendent hides in the back and "forts up" again. The screamer then throws some trash containers about outside before disappearing back into the woods.

• masterbarber locked this topic