N A W A C - Field Study Discussion

slabdog

Hmmm, I guess I have not been heard here.

If your pro kill then be certain that you can get the job done, don't chance wounding an "individual" who you may prefer

to call a monkey for your conscious sake...

Understand that you will face merciless ridicule, "science" will lamb blast you as blood

thirsty killers, and you better hope you can hide your real identities.

In the end you prove that they are more civil creatures than we, dang this sounds way too much like "Planet of the Apes"

LCB, I'm trying to keep up with this..

First you offer the NAWAC the firearms knowledge they have been sorely missing to accomplish their goals and to crawl out of their ineptness, but then as they are no doubt rushing out to equip themselves as you have prescribed, you ask them to put the genie back in the bottle and to reconsider this course of action entirely.  I hope they kept their receipts from the last couple of days.  And then to top it off, you inform us that some associated with NAWAC call the "individual" a monkey for their conscious sake, rather than for the possibility that they are actually convinced that the subject is more closely related to other apes than to humans.  I'm sure this is something you know to be true, otherwise it would constitute an unfounded accusation.  This information is astounding. Is it possible that you are one of those meta-physical 10-dimensional forces that you have stated are manipulating us?

I have also noticed recently that some forum members who are more often associated with other "pet" threads on this forum, where open-mindedness is promoted when discussing those subjects, and where it is periodically lamented how overly-aggressive challenges to the subject of those threads discourages others from offering information, have no problem coming to the NAWAC thread and basically doing the same thing here - essentially using the information presented as ammunition against those who offer it, or at the very least taking this thread off topic and into more of a morality discussion.  I enjoy healthy debate and discussion, but what I just described strikes me as hypocritical. 

Sometimes I think that on any given day, the existence of bigfoot is more likely to be proven than the existence of an actual bigfoot community.

I do thank Brian and others who have made the actual NAWAC field study discussion interesting.  I had better go take cover before science commences the "lamb blasting".  I don't fancy getting covered with wool and other young sheep bits.

• Upvote 4

Guest Cervelo

LCB, I'm trying to keep up with this..

First you offer the NAWAC the firearms knowledge they have been sorely missing to accomplish their goals and to crawl out of their ineptness, but then as they are no doubt rushing out to equip themselves as you have prescribed, you ask them to put the genie back in the bottle and to reconsider this course of action entirely. I hope they kept their receipts from the last couple of days. And then to top it off, you inform us that some associated with NAWAC call the "individual" a monkey for their conscious sake, rather than for the possibility that they are actually convinced that the subject is more closely related to other apes than to humans. I'm sure this is something you know to be true, otherwise it would constitute an unfounded accusation. This information is astounding. Is it possible that you are one of those meta-physical 10-dimensional forces that you have stated are manipulating us?

I have also noticed recently that some forum members who are more often associated with other "pet" threads on this forum, where open-mindedness is promoted when discussing those subjects, and where it is periodically lamented how overly-aggressive challenges to the subject of those threads discourages others from offering information, have no problem coming to the NAWAC thread and basically doing the same thing here - essentially using the information presented as ammunition against those who offer it, or at the very least taking this thread off topic and into more of a morality discussion. I enjoy healthy debate and discussion, but what I just described strikes me as hypocritical.

Sometimes I think that on any given day, the existence of bigfoot is more likely to be proven than the existence of an actual bigfoot community.

I do thank Brian and others who have made the actual NAWAC field study discussion interesting. I had better go take cover before science commences the "lamb blasting". I don't fancy getting covered with wool and other young sheep bits.

Well done.....couldn't have said it better... it would appear that's exactly how things work now ;)

I see your point, yah I'm contradicting myself.  I guess as a former hunter I realize from having wounded animals without killing them

that I made them suffer.  So If your going to go about killing one it should be humane as possible, and I know that seems contradictory to some,

I will quit moralizing with this thread from here on out, because I realize it is my own internal battle I am expressing here as well, while on the

one hand I want to be proven correct in my opinion of their existence, I do not want to be viewed as a killer.  So I guess I am wanting

someone else to do my dirty work....I'll stick to lighter subjects as I have proven myself to be too passionate about these types of matters,

which causes me to spill my guts a bit more, which is not always rational, as you have proven.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot
  • Upvote 1

Hello Lake County Bigfoot,

No worries. I think it important to know that from what I've read in following this involved thread is that NAWAC shares your sentiments and are not mindless of the passionate points you've brought up. After all they are Human Beings first just like the rest of us. The goal of securing a type specimen has been carefully weighed by many and I'm sure NAWAC is no exception.

Guest zenmonkey

The most important thing here and often over looked (by me a lot) is that it takes all kinds. Thats is what is so interesting if we all had the same point of view well this would get really boring really quick!

Guest Boolywooger

I have also noticed recently that some forum members who are more often associated with other "pet" threads on this forum, where open-mindedness is promoted when discussing those subjects, and where it is periodically lamented how overly-aggressive challenges to the subject of those threads discourages others from offering information, have no problem coming to the NAWAC thread and basically doing the same thing here - essentially using the information presented as ammunition against those who offer it, or at the very least taking this thread off topic and into more of a morality discussion. I enjoy healthy debate and discussion, but what I just described strikes me as hypocritical.

It's not really the same at all. If it were "apples to apples" then LCB would be questioning Bipto's veracity or state of mental health or sidetracking into a discussion demanding "proof" that BF exists or not. LCB's comments were offering what could be considered constructive criticism about NAWAC's weaponry and the use thereof as well as stating his opinion as to the nature of the creature being pursued. Both were germane to the topic whether you agree with his opinion or not.

I see your point, yah I'm contradicting myself. I guess as a former hunter I realize from having wounded animals without killing them

that I made them suffer. So If your going to go about killing one it should be humane as possible, and I know that seems contradictory to some,

I will quit moralizing with this thread from here on out, because I realize it is my own internal battle I am expressing here as well, while on the

one hand I want to be proven correct in my opinion of their existence, I do not want to be viewed as a killer. So I guess I am wanting

someone else to do my dirty work....I'll stick to lighter subjects as I have proven myself to be too passionate about these types of matters,

which causes me to spill my guts a bit more, which is not always rational, as you have proven.

And it is exceedingly, exceedingly rare for a snark to make an "you know, you're right, I was out of line and I apologize" post.

Edited by Boolywooger

It IS a moral question no doubt about it.

But where I think people get it wrong is by not examining the macro view for the solution.

Is it moral for mankind to simply ignore a species and do as we please? What is it going to take for mankind to be forced to acknowledge this? More foot casts? More photos? More hair samples? We have these..... They fall short, we know this, and yet in some sort of sad cycle this is what most researchers gear up for in order to solve the mystery.

I have no problem with someone who cannot pull the trigger personally. Brian himself admits that he isn't the guy for the job.....nothing wrong with that at all. But because he is very committed to solving the mystery? He supports the mission in ways in which he can contribute. I applaud that and wish I could clone him a 1000 times over.

I don't think the rifle is the enemy of the squatch. I think the ultimate enemy is condos and golf courses.

People who are anti kill have kind hearts for a species that is probably a distant cousin of ours, and I think that's noble and a important stance in this mystery, but only after we have proven it to science. Until then the only moral high ground belongs to the person who can get their hands on real tangible evidence the quickest. If that's a jawbone found in a cave......fine. But a bullet works as well, and reaching for a camera instead, does nothing to further our cause. It's a lost opportunity that postpones real conservation for years or maybe decades. That to me is sadder than anyone calling me blood thirsty or a killer.

I'm firmly entrenched in my belief that what is truly best for the species is official recognition. And I would challenge anyone to prove to me that a unknown species is better off staying that way. If the mountain gorilla was unknown to science, their habitat would have already have been devoured by mankind, and most likely they would slip off to extinction in silence..... Surely that is much more immoral than killing one, proving they exist and bringing pressure to bear on the threats they face as a species.

Ill get off my soap box now.

• Upvote 3

Is it moral for mankind to simply ignore a species and do as we please? What is it going to take for mankind to be forced to acknowledge this? More foot casts? More photos? More hair samples? We have these..... They fall short, we know this, and yet in some sort of sad cycle this is what most researchers gear up for in order to solve the mystery.

Word.