N A W A C - Field Study Discussion

slabdog

I know of lights seen by researchers in British Columbia/Alberta, Washington State, Iowa and Ohio.  That is a start.  I think you will find through digging that they are endemic. 

To stay on topic, I think a new thread might be most appropriate.

My question to NAWAC is if there are any gravel pits within 50 miles of their research areas.

Hello Bipedalist,

I am interested in your question. Is there speculation regarding a connection between BF and gravel pits? Do you have a theory that you are willing to share regarding this? Or wecould open a separate thread if you would prefer.

Thanks!

BFF Patron

Well since I'm not sure gravel pits and NAWAC have any connection a new thread might be good.

I posted over in the BFRO2.0 Tuscaloosa ClassB sighting thread with some links.  

Guest TexasTracker

Bipedalist and Parkie,

Add the Ouachitas to that list of "known lights". After my event, I was told that I had witnessed the "Hanna Lights". Apparently a rich history of them in the area. I'd like to explore this as a new topic as well....

BTW, this did occur in an area known for BF activity with several sightings reported in the immediate area, although I had nothing happen during the lights to make me specifically think they were related.

VERY interesting none the less,

CG

Bipto, 

Thanks - I just ran the PA/NY/WV numbers and got 15% of sightings occuring in spring, 35% - summer, 35% fall, and 15% again during the winter.   Sample size is 466 encounters. 

^^^

March, April, May - Spring

June, July, August - summer

September, October, November - fall

December, January, February - winter

I realize that an animal or archaic human might be particularly attuned to the equinoxes, but relatively few reports have a specific date attached, so I'm just going with months....

Guest HarryLime

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=16696

This is an interesting report out of Cove, AR in 2004. I found it intriguing how the witness described the language-like sounds on his property as "...some crazy auctioneer, like words you couldn't make out."

Bipto, I'm sure you've touched on this somewhere in these threads, but have you or any members of NAWAC reported hearing vocalizations that may have sounded like some sort of language? I remember in one of your podcasts you mentioned that you had heard sounds at X like those in "Legend of Boggy Creek". It seems like you guys touched on the
Sierra Sounds as well, but I don't quite recall.

With Cove being somewhat in the general vicinity of Area X, have you guys heard vocalizations/sounds similar to those mentioned in this report?

Thanks, and keep up the great work.

With Cove being somewhat in the general vicinity of Area X, have you guys heard vocalizations/sounds similar to those mentioned in this report?

We've had members hear on several occasions Sierra Sounds (disk 1) type vocalizations. We even recorded a bit of it back during Endurance (2011). 

Guest Stan Norton

Brian,

Just wanted to say what great job you and your colleagues do on the Bigfoot Show podcasts - the three special episodes from Area X in particular are so interesting and really quite compelling: here in a cold, wet and dreary English  autumn the sounds and descriptions of the Oachitas are most welcome! I have made a promise to myself to visit that part of the US one day, but I wish I was there now cos it sounds so very exciting!

I have a few comments/questions for you if you don't mind?

I know it's impossible to answer meaningfully (but please try..), but do you believe you are close to getting the proof you have been after? It seems that the activity in X is increasing and that, with just a little luck, the situation may present itself. Any thoughts on whether 2014 might be the defining year (unless of course you're already there?...).

Listening to your podcasts and the discussions between the team members, it strikes me that anyone who listens could not help but be intrigued and, dare I say it, convinced that you really are experiencing something quite extraordinary down there. I'm struck by the wonder and excitement in the voices of you and your colleagues when recounting your sightings and other experiences - it's quite infectious. Would you ever consider taking a particularly vociferous critic/sceptic/scofftic along just to see whether they might be open to the experience? For me the temptation would be to say 'OK then, don't believe me? Come and spend a few nights with us!'

Apart from the hickory nut piles, have you encountered any evidence of feeding/foraging behaviour? 

You mentioned that you found some firewood timber lying around - any chance of skin being attached to these? e.g. if they've been swung several times.

Cheers!

Edited by Stan Norton

Hello the parkie,

That would be a picture worth a thousand words LOL. Actually a good picture WITHOUT the clown getup would do quite nicely thank you very much.

@ Bipto,

Different nose shape, different species, I think the question perhaps should be rephrased. Have you seen any creatures that have large noses or small noses or Human-like noses. It's just an avenue I'm researching right now, no biggie. BTW if you DO hppen to see one with a clown nose send a photo to "the parkie" will ya?

Edited by hiflier

Just wanted to say what great job you and your colleagues do on the Bigfoot Show podcasts...

Thanks, I really appreciate that.

...do you believe you are close to getting the proof you have been after? It seems that the activity in X is increasing and that, with just a little luck, the situation may present itself. Any thoughts on whether 2014 might be the defining year (unless of course you're already there?...).

I really do think we're close, but I don't want to make any promises. So many times people have confidently made predictions in this field only to massively disappoint. I honestly thought we'd do it last year but it didn't (quite) happen. I feel we have a very good chance in 2014, but the variables are multiple and many are still out of our control. We learn and adapt from our experiences as best we can. I can't say when it will happen, but we are absolutely committed to the cause and I am constantly amazed at what our group can do when it acts as a team. 

So...no guarantees. But I'm very optimistic and excited about the future. 

Would you ever consider taking a particularly vociferous critic/sceptic/scofftic along just to see whether they might be open to the experience? For me the temptation would be to say 'OK then, don't believe me? Come and spend a few nights with us!'

My rote response to this is we are all "skeptics" in that we all critically evaluate what we experience. That said, we have already taken open minded skeptics in there in the past but if we're to take a dyed in the wool denialist in there, there would have to be something in it for us. That is, we will only take non-members in who can help us achieve some aspect of our organizational goals. We're not interested in satisfying anyone's curiosity nor are we operating some kind of eco-tourism adventure.

Apart from the hickory nut piles, have you encountered any evidence of feeding/foraging behaviour?

Not that I'm aware of. Nothing obvious. 

You mentioned that you found some firewood timber lying around - any chance of skin being attached to these? e.g. if they've been swung several times.

Possibly, but we haven't collected it in a way that would allow for that kind of analysis nor do we have the resources to have it examined forensically. 

Have you seen any creatures that have large noses or small noses or Human-like noses. 

I don't believe any of our encounters allowed sufficient observation of the faces to be able to say one way or another. If I'm wrong about that, I'll let you know. 

Hello Brian,

Hey thanks, that would be much appreciated. Kinda would like to know what sort of noses are runnin' around in the Ouchitas if the opportunity arises.