N A W A C - Field Study Discussion

slabdog

Guest zenmonkey

Awesome thanks for the response as always! You said that you guys have lots of audio recordings. Do you guys have any of those up somewhere??? Not asking for proof I believe everything you say I was just so creeped out by the chatter you posted a few days ago wondering if you had any more.  thanks

Zen

Bip,

Has it crossed your mind that the claims of interaction at your cabins is similar to accounts that come from so called "habituators"? The training and education of your participants is a big difference, but repeated encounters at one location have historically been treated pretty harshly on this forum. Any thoughts?

Guest zenmonkey

Thanks!   One last for the day. Im heading down to honobia next weekend a little solo/research time. You had said the activity slows  when the leaf fall. I am guessing that I would need to trek a bit further into the mountain to possibly get close then?? Yes, I realize that was a very vague question!        Zen

There's no threat there. I laid out why I participate here and, if that's not what others want this thread to be, I have sufficient other demands on my time to fill out my day.

Wait, bipto.  I feel threatened.

KIDDING.  Although I'm still not sure if you're real, or a really cool spambot.  I favor taking a specimen to secure proof.  Wait, I'll get a jar...

We've discussed other ways of recording their interaction with the surroundings, but not that one. I'll pass it along. Good idea!

It's cool that folks just dropping in to talk to a topic on the web can contribute at the frontiers of science.  But do the "skeptics" ever wonder what they're missing?  Naaah...

The Ouachitas are unique in that they're the only predominantly east-west aligned range in North America (as far as I know) but I think there are apes in many other places that don't have that kind of range or even mountains to speak of. There may be something specific about that topology they're exploiting, but I can't think what it is. 

Actually, aren't the Uintas in Utah also E-W?  I think so.  Although of course there doesn't seem to be anybody getting rock-bombed by sasquatch there, so there it is:  

The Ouachitas are unique in that they're the only predominantly east-west aligned range in North America (as far as I know) where people are getting rock-bombed by an unlisted primate.  Hey, I just made it cooler!  Print T-shirts.  On me...

Not at all true. We have cast footprints and photographed more. We've recorded audio and have collected blood samples. We've collected hair evidence coincident with an ape encounter (the determination of the source of which we still wait to hear from Sykes). We have no physical evidence that you will accept. That's not the same as no physical evidence. 

I wish I could use "I don't accept it, therefore it isn't real" more often in my daily life.  I may try it at work tomorrow.  "I don't accept this assignment.  In fact...are any of you real...??"

And people wonder why we don't focus on that kind of thing anymore. 

Well, masochism might be an inducement, but...naaaaaaaaaahhh...

Has it crossed your mind that the claims of interaction at your cabins is similar to accounts that come from so called "habituators"? The training and education of your participants is a big difference, but repeated encounters at one location have historically been treated pretty harshly on this forum. Any thoughts?

I think the claims of those who have habituation-type situations are as varied as those who have more typical encounters. Some are credible and some aren't. 

I am guessing that I would need to trek a bit further into the mountain to possibly get close then?? 

You know, I'm not really sure how to answer that. I would go as deep as you can as a general rule, but if they become more shy when the cover falls, it may not matter much. Good luck in any event. 

Actually, aren't the Uintas in Utah also E-W?  I think so.  

It's possible. Back when I was doing the X BIPcast I found something that said the Ouachitas were unique that way, but you know how it is with stuff you find on the internet. 

BFF Patron

This covers it: http://opdidyoueverwonder.blogspot.com/2010/10/did-you-ever-wonder-if-all-major.html

They call them transverse ranges in California.

The article left out one minor range in NC:  The Black Mountain Range, mostly east west but then fish hooks some so that is why they prob. left it out.  The Ouachitas are mentioned. 

Hey Bipto,

I recorded this earlier this week in my marsh,

trust me no human interference being run here, just natures finest.....

10 sec-12sec-14sec-16.  Sorry it gets cut off by a dang wind that just craps

out my recorder. I heard something very close to that in response to

fireworks, and then a week later a whoop conversation with "junior"

and what I presume was "mama" That's when I started my thread,

Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?  But it took me till now

to actually document somewhat the sounds I heard.

To all, this took me 100s of hours of recording and review to capture, so realize

why I am slightly excited to present it....even if you write it off, as I am sure

many will.  try to emulate the pitch, then go climb out into my marsh at

5:00  am  in dark and hoax me,  that is not reality!!!..... this is natural.......

Oh crap everyone will just toss it under the bus!!!

I guess I see the evidence situation more clearly....Dang it I love these creatures...

3 whoops junior going off.wav

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Guest Urkelbot

Not at all true. We have cast footprints and photographed more. We've recorded audio and have collected blood samples. We've collected hair evidence coincident with an ape encounter (the determination of the source of which we still wait to hear from Sykes). We have no physical evidence that you will accept. That's not the same as no physical evidence. 

And people wonder why we don't focus on that kind of thing anymore.

If the hair and blood DNA work comes back "unknown primate" I'll accept it. Everyone has footprints and spooky sounds its just more potatoes without the meat.

I recorded this earlier this week in my marsh...

I've shared your recording with others in the NAWAC to get their opinions. Thanks for posting it. 

Thanks I was over excited last night

back down to earth, and trying to remain

more skeptical of my recent recordings.

Just do not want to overstate anything.