N A W A C - Field Study Discussion

slabdog

All of whom donated their body to science or by their families. You simply won't have that with a squatch. If human, it will be a dead one you can't do anything for science with. I wouldn't mind being wrong, but would not want the backlash from killing a human for people that just wouldn't believe.

There should be non-human ape DNA from the samples in the mitochondria that is often used for species ID. The human result here is beyond just contamination.

You have it backwards.

If classified and categorized somewhere in the genus Homo? Science will already have waded waist deep through the question to get to the answer. No Biologist is going to shun a slab monkey because it resembles a archaic human......... It would be one of the all time greatest discoveries, and they will rush in to be apart of that history.

Protection if they deem it necessary...... Would quickly follow (even if it's found to be an ape I think it would be forth coming).

The purpose of this thread is not to debate the likelihood that wood apes are human. If it devolves into yet another example of that, I'll be taking my leave from the conversation. 

Do you think the subject is on the verge of a ltitgation proceeding that would nationally decide whether Sasquatch is Human? Is that what the hold up is and until it's resolved in the courts the scientists have been instructed to maintain a hands off approach? Dr. Meldrum could be some much more vocal on the subject than he currently is IMO.

Not to derail the thread much further, but at the moment, I think scientists will take the moral/ethical high ground before they jump in over their head. They will want to know what's in the DNA up front. Then,they will take appropriate actions. Eventually yes we will have to decide whether they are human with human rights or animal with animal rights. What is obvious to some won't be to others, etc. There is no in between currently and thus that debate would rage for some time.

Bipto, taking a specimen is your primary objective, so discussing how to deal with it should be done.

The purpose of this thread is not to debate the likelihood that wood apes are human. If it devolves into yet another example of that, I'll be taking my leave from the conversation. 

Right, lets take it down a notch, and just go back to debating whether there are even any Wood Apes there.

We still are yet to see any evidence that there are even Wood Apes there, sure we have some stories, and some testimony from some people who already believe in Bigfoot, but you took down your cameras, you don't have any hair, the main shooting episode put a couple of kids in the same area as the gunfire.

Before we start getting into the Human vs. Ape controversy, lets just settle the Wood Ape vs. Storytelling controversy.

@Drew - your constant accusation of this being a good story, or of the group being hoaxed has been consistent, if anything.

What sort of evidence can you provide that Bipto's group is making this up, or are being hoaxed.

I will even consider eye-witness testimony as evidence.  Do you have even 1 account of someone witnessing this group doing anything that would suggest what you are suggesting?

Edited by Cotter

What sort of evidence can you provide that Bipto's group is making this up, or are being hoaxed.

The lack of evidence itself is the determining factor.

Even psychics get it right once in a while, but Bigfooters, they don't ever have to back up their claims.  They get a free pass on every claim.

There is a reason the Wood Ape project is broadcast on the Bigfoot Forums and not on a Scientific Forum.  And it is not because scientists hate Bigfooters.

• Upvote 1

The lack of evidence itself is the determining factor.

Even psychics get it right once in a while, but Bigfooters, they don't ever have to back up their claims.  They get a free pass on every claim.

There is a reason the Wood Ape project is broadcast on the Bigfoot Forums and not on a Scientific Forum.  And it is not because scientists hate Bigfooters.

Um, wait!

"All the evidence can be explained away as mistakes."

Plan on backing that up, with anything, ever?

Or is an eternal free pass your plan?

The reason we're talking about this here and not where we should be, scientists! is that scientists frequently let their discipline down.  And here they are doing that again.

Edited by DWA

Guest Urkelbot

What is there in area x that should get scientists interested? The nawac has found no substantiated physical evidence and no pictures.

Bipto, I appreciate the way you handle information and present it in

your radio blog, leaving aside all the debates about various convictions

I would like to probe your knowledge of dealing with this creature.

Do you guys use any kind of protocol to begin your daily interaction?

I mean anything that you do predictably to keep them somewhat comfortable

with your presence, or are they just naturally interested in your presence?

Do you ever offer food, or create smells, or use children's noise.

I guess my interest is to develop my own set of behavior that will

allow me to maintain interaction when they are present, which I think

is at least some of the time, and I am becoming more convinced that they

are around year round! Which is really a revelation. I will not be

able to prove this to myself till I have more information and evidence,

but I am slowly seeing a picture.

I guess I am wondering if area X is always active, or seasonal?

Maybe the most interesting thing is that your presence is maintained

so they know your going to be there.

Is it your impression that these creatures are very local? Or

do they seem to be transient, What types of vocalizations

do your routinely hear? Sorry I am just a sponge and

need water.......

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

LCB, every question you just asked has been asked and answered a dozen times in this thread already. Please go back to page one and read the entire thread. If you still have questions after that, I am sure bipto will be happy to answer them.

Urklebot, I think you have confused their efforts with a Disney-style photo safari. Last I heard they were carrying large guns, not cameras. They have long since stated that only a body will do. Collecting photos and hair samples aren't going to give science the full documentation, so why waste time in the middle?

And Drew, your inference that Bipto and crew are basically lying seems worthy of apology in my estimation.

Guest Urkelbot

Hair samples and photos would be more likely to raise the interest of scientists. The claim was made that scientists are failingIn their disciplines to not be investigating in the area. No evidence has been put forward in area x to suggest there is a population of Bigfoot frequenting the area. Other than stories of course.

I guess I was looking for a short cut Hairy Man, so I will take my medicine and

read through the thread a bit to see if your correct, sorry to bore anyone with

my persistence.

Hair samples and photos would be more likely to raise the interest of scientists. The claim was made that scientists are failingIn their disciplines to not be investigating in the area. No evidence has been put forward in area x to suggest there is a population of Bigfoot frequenting the area. Other than stories of course.

I would second the Steering Committee Chair's suggestion you read the information you have at your fingertips and, I would add, do this BEFORE making statements like the one you just posted.

(BTW, the atomic detonations over Hiroshima and Nagasaki are "just stories" unless you happened to have been at one or the other, and survived it)