N A W A C - Field Study Discussion

slabdog

^Not sure how many of the radio broadcasts you've heard, but #54 is quite informative regarding their attempts at taking a specimen. They've come close, but who knows if these opportunities will continue to present themselves?

I for one am not too surprised their objective has not been accomplished yet. As my father would often say about the game of golf: "If it was easy, everyone would be doing it" Goes double for Squatchicide, I reckon.  

Remember too....the NAWAC has TWO objectives: To kill a type specimen AND not kill a member of the public or a fellow NAWAC member. Blasting away at night (and if I'm correct, the rock throwing only happens between sunset and dawn) is a recipe to fail on both counts.  

[insert boilerplate rejoinder to skeptics wanting to point out the reason the NAWAC hasn't bagged one yet is because they don't exist, yada, yada, yada, here]

Guest Stan Norton

^Not sure how many of the radio broadcasts you've heard, but #54 is quite informative regarding their attempts at taking a specimen. They've come close, but who knows if these opportunities will continue to present themselves?

Yep, great listening, really enjoying the podcasts (which I have only just discovered and thankfully they have been easing me through a period of quit-smoking-related insomnia!). Anyway, wood ape saved by a twig....makes you wonder if, after that close shave, they will dare approach the overlook tent again.

Curious why you don't already have a speciman . If they are close enough to throw rocks what is the hold up?

Is there a specific condition or situation you are waiting for? Perhaps for a perfect tactical advantage in successfully taking a specimen?

Naw, we're just really lazy...

^Not sure how many of the radio broadcasts you've heard, but #54 is quite informative regarding their attempts at taking a specimen. 

This.

makes you wonder if, after that close shave, they will dare approach the overlook tent again.

They (or whoever or whatever messed with it before) did. Overwatch has now been totally destroyed. We continue to plan for next year.

Remember too....the NAWAC has TWO objectives: To kill a type specimen AND not kill a member of the public or a fellow NAWAC member.

On one side, those worried we're always moments away from killing an errant hiker. On the other, those wondering what the hold up is all about.

If somehow your organization manages to take one these creatures, what is the next step, do you have sufficient manpower

to move an animal of this size spur of the moment, I mean it's buddies might not take a liking to your actions, (Ape Canyon)

and you may have to fight to keep it, and I think they will kill you for the body, it might get real ugly real fast.  And who will you present

the body to, as soon as word got out you would have the CIA all over you, and men in black.  You better be able to document

everything about it, cause odds are you lose custody of the body, and they make you look like a bunch of hoaxers.  That's the

reality, so you better be real prepared.

I've addressed each and every point you raised here several times before. 

On one side, those worried we're always moments away from killing an errant hiker.

Just be sure to bring a shovel. Problem solved.

Bipto

Sorry if you've covered this before, I don't think that you have though - has anyone ever witnessed or experienced any strange lights around the creatures at X? Either unexpectedly odd eyeshine or any other kind of strange light phenomena?

Thanks

Edited by the parkie

^Good question!

Also, Bipto, what is the outlook on upcoming operations during the winter months?  Will there be teams in there or are you in a regroup/strategize mode until spring?

Thx.

There are teams in and out sporadically all year long, though interaction levels with the locals typically fall along with the leaves. 

Don't have much to say about mystery lights.

Guest TexasTracker

Parkie,

Why do you ask about the lights? I personally know of 4 "events" where odd lights were somehow associated with BF activity... I really don't understand (or want to speculate) on how they relate, but it's interesting none the less.

Its a good question.  If if cause-effect is not established or even involved, the strength of the correlation might point to something.   I suggest looking for geographical clusters where lights accompany the BF "events" at an elevated frequency and in such, do a more sophisticated followup investigation / experiments to attempt to verify the apparent connection.

MIB

BFF Patron

I know of lights seen by researchers in British Columbia/Alberta, Washington State, Iowa and Ohio.  That is a start.  I think you will find through digging that they are endemic. 

To stay on topic, I think a new thread might be most appropriate.

My question to NAWAC is if there are any gravel pits within 50 miles of their research areas. 

Edited by bipedalist

Question for NAWAC, if I may ....

I've just thrown up two slides over under the Northeast sightings - basically, PA/NY/WV bigfoot are not encountered as much from January through roughly April.  I realize that some that encounter variation may occur due to changes in human activity, but it would seem consistent (to me) w/changes in animal activity as well - for example, trying to hunker down and minimize movement during the harshest months or when mamma bigfoot is getting ready to deliver and doesn't want to be out and about.

Have you noticed any seasonal/monthly variations in activity that you are willing to share? Thanks in advance. 

Re: Lights. To the best of my knowledge, no unexplained lights have ever been seen by members of the NAWAC coincident to wood ape encounters. 

Have you noticed any seasonal/monthly variations in activity that you are willing to share? Thanks in advance. 

Yes, encounters are far less frequent in the winter months. We speculate that they're much less willing to come in close when there is no foliage acting as cover. As I said the other day, their activity levels around us seems to drop with the leaves. 

My question to NAWAC is if there are any gravel pits within 50 miles of their research areas. 

I think there are various gravel operations all over in the Ouachitas.