Why Don't They Kill Us?

Absolutely, but i'll be on the side of the people that think that BF's don't kill poeple because people call them Monkey's or because they don't like having to dodge Human BF " Hunters " with Camera's or because they know that those same Human's are hunting them to be used as a Scientific Specimen.. :)

IF they do kill people, i very much doubt it's for those reasons..

Yeah, you're right.

Unless one were to just "get enough", like Michael Douglas in "Falling Down".

Just joking. I don't really think that's likely to happen. :)

Interesting question. Of course nobody knows, but if we consider behaviors such as aggression and dominance to be at least partly, and likely significantly, controlled by inheritable factors, then perhaps the drive to be aggressive and violent towards others has been weeded out over the millenia when multiple species of humans co-existed in the wild for hundreds of thousands of years (if not over a couple of million).

This may sound counter-intuitive in that most humans think we, and all animals pretty much, are driven to compete by conflict and combat, sometimes to the death, but there are among us (as displayed in the famous siberian fox aggression selection experiment) those that would rather retreat to fight and live another day, and that trait has been shown to be a product of genetics do a significant degree. I've read that in the case of western grizzley bears the most aggressive were killed by those with guns until those with any proclivity to attack first and ask questions later would be no longer contributing to the gene pool. Humans like to cloak their instinctive behaviors in reason, overlooking genetic behaviors and instinct, relegating them to the dumb animals and ignoring their expressions in our own activities.

Had listened to a radio program recently. One of the speakers mentioned that perhaps there is some backing to tribal legends that mentioned the taking of women and children. He related to Africa and that in times of drought in the forest that chimps have been known to take children from villages for a meal.

Perhaps, if there is a similarity, in times for famine or drought there has been occasion or a need for an easy meal.

Admin

Va footer, That is an excellent point. People are lost and never recovered from the woods every year. I do wonder if a BF may have been involved with *some* :blink: of their disappearances?

I tried to find out how many people disappear in the forest each year, but could not. I kind of doubt that they keep those kinds of stats in a central database anywhere. Also, the 99.5% number came from Australia. Again, I could not find a success percentage for the U.S.

Even if only 1 or 2 disappearances a year are connected to BF, it does not make an individual feel any better if they are the one...

Admin

The NCIC database posts annual totals for reported missing persons in the US but there isn't an entry for Wilderness or Forestry areas:

http://www.fbi.gov/a...istics-for-2010

"Bear with me if I trouble you with a little of their superstitions. They believe in a race of giants, which inhabit a certain mountain off to the west of us. This mountain is covered with perpetual snow. They (the creatures) inhabit the snow peaks. They hunt and do all their work at night. They are men stealers. They come to the people's lodges at night when the people are asleep and take them and put them under their skins and to their place of abode without even waking. Their track is a foot and a half long. They steal salmon from Indian nets and eat then raw as the bears do. If the people are awake, they always know when they are coming very near by their strong smell that is most intolerable. It is not uncommon for them to come in the night and give three whistles and then the stones will begin to hit their houses." - Rev. Elkanah Walker, letter to Rev. Davis Green, April, 1840

Early hominids scavenged.

About 6 years ago I found a story about a Captain LeFlore and a battle fought between his men and the giants. It took place in Oklahoma back in the 1800's or thereabouts. Graphic was the word for this particular tale and wish I had kept it on a disk when we got a new computer. So my questions is, does anyone else remember it?

Guest squatchrider

I have to agree with the people here who have said "who says they don't kill us?". There are a lot of assumptions and speculation thrown around on this forum. I think it is pretty easy to assume or speculate that some of those people who go missing never to be found in the woods and nature or the USA may have been killed by a bigfoot/sasquatch. I too think that they may kill us for the same reason that a bear or any other large predator may kill us. I know that from most reports Bigfoot appear to be fairly docile but there could always be an exception to this rule if the Bigfoot were startled, defending it's young, etc., etc..

Guest Tsalagi

I thought there were Native stories and old stories of the Yeti having killed people? Having lived always near mountains I've heard all my life of people vanishing in the forest and some were never found or some found dead with never a clear answer what they died of. Even the people that died falling off a cliff how do we know they didn't fall because they were running away after seeing Bigfoot in the woods?

Guest Tsalagi

About 6 years ago I found a story about a Captain LeFlore and a battle fought between his men and the giants. It took place in Oklahoma back in the 1800's or thereabouts. Graphic was the word for this particular tale and wish I had kept it on a disk when we got a new computer. So my questions is, does anyone else remember it?

http://www.network54.com/Forum/61862/thread/1001354386/last-1027853702/THE+LEGEND+OF+SACRED+BABY+MOUNTAIN+By+Dr.+Tuklo+Nashoba

Guest Tsalagi

Sorry for the multiple posts, but look what I just found. The people died in a plane crash, but 3 bigfoots were carrying them off! My greatgrandparents grew up in this area. Oh how I wished they were still alive so I could ask them if they had any BF stories because they lived there when that area was very, very secluded.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=2393

Admin

"The huge being, nothing daunted, bounded upon his victims, and in the same instant received the contents of seven rifles"the newspaper said. Still the creature charged,shrieking and roaring,ripping the heads off several hunters. "He did not fall." the account continued,"until he glutted his wrath with the death of five of them,which he affected by wringing off the head from the body."

http://bigfootforums...dpost__p__26828

Guest Knuck

Make sure you read all the way to the bottom of the helicopter crash report. Another soldier that was present that night tells what really happened/didn't happen. Story debunked. Oh well, woulda made a fitting cheap TV movie for Syfy channel.-Knuck

I remember it.

I think the site with the original article is now defunct, but there are still a lot of references for it in Google.

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic