Ptsd And Bf Sitings

clubbedfoot

Hammer what happened when you sat in the middle of them?

It seemed that the longer we sat, the closer they got.  We didn't move.  The green "eyes" or whatever it was, didn't move off me at all.  The one that was in front of us moved a bit.  Friend saw half of it from behind the tree in his night vision.  When he told me about that, I flipped my headlamp on, (much to his dismay).  But they kept moving around us.  We heard one behind us and that's when I almost panicked, didn't run out of there, but pulled my phone out of my pocket and texted our investigators who showed up in about 10 - 15 minutes.  I didn't know what they were going to do.  I just felt small, vulnerable and surrounded. 

Hey Hammer,

Sounds like Bigfoot paradise.....lots of everything they love and need to survive.

Glad you are feeling more comfortable with their presence. When I hike I just try to be in a good place. If I have indicators of their presence I just acknowledge them verbally in a normal upbeat tone, maybe belt out a song to identify myself, and move on through.

I think it is better to kind of hold your space and show no fear. Since I am just hiking and not looking for bedding or making calls, I do not represent a threat. I know they sometimes parallel me at about 150 -200 yards, but I think that when you pass through their space they just want to know where you are going and what you are up to. They seem to be just as curious about us as we are about them....

They know my routines around here.  Basically, I just sit on my porch at night, like I am doing now.  They hear me call the cats in at night, see me flip the light on to let the dog out at night, maybe see me by the campfire, or at the back camp site when friends are here. 

If I hear a knock or something, I just laugh at this point and say thank you like someone else said. 

I started keeping a log and man oh man, just about every night now that I'm out, I hear something.  Tomorrow the recorder is coming!!!  We are going to stay out all night.  :)

SweetSuziq - was your recent radio interview done live or recorded? I'm asking because of an impending broadcast tomorrow night on a site (which I follow) that focuses on dogmen encounters. I've read some of your posts here,... discussing your encounter and how it affected you ....and was wondering if, by coincidence, that you were the upcoming interview-ee (is that a word?)  Thanks!  HWM

I recorded an interview yesterday, and it will be played sometime this month. I'll let you know the time and date if you are interested in listening to it:) Just let me know, and I'll contact you with the day and time. Thanks for expressing an interest in my sighting.

Just remembering it and discussing the sighting caused me to have some new nightmares:(

Please remember that as a female I have less ways to protect myself than you guys do, however, anyone trying to "take down" the creature I saw would need several men with major firepower plus a large Bazooka and the courage to hang around long enough to use them:( Sadly, I am NOT kidding. Just listen to the program and hear how huge this creature was.

Did you see a regular BF? Were they a male and a female? Thanks...

Not sure what you mean by regular BigFoot but this was my first actual sighting of a BigFoot. What I can tell is that we were not sure what these creatures were as far as male or female were concern. It was dark and it all took place at night after it had rained and there was no moon light. So these creatures did take advantage of the dark and used it well.

I recorded an interview yesterday, and it will be played sometime this month. I'll let you know the time and date if you are interested in listening to it:) Just let me know, and I'll contact you with the day and time. Thanks for expressing an interest in my sighting.

Just remembering it and discussing the sighting caused me to have some new nightmares:(

Please remember that as a female I have less ways to protect myself than you guys do, however, anyone trying to "take down" the creature I saw would need several men with major firepower plus a large Bazooka and the courage to hang around long enough to use them:( Sadly, I am NOT kidding. Just listen to the program and hear how huge this creature was.

I'm sure many BFF members here would be interested in hearing your interview. Unless there is a reason why you would like to not mention it publicly, perhaps consider starting a thread in the Media sub-forum to let everyone know when and where to listen.

SweetSusiq-
I went back to review your original sighting account and had some questions about several details, and this one in particular: Your original account states that the creature ducked behind what you believe was a stump and watched you drive past: http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/10882-sighting-on-hwy7-in-texas/?p=128380

While I was looking out hubbies side of the car I saw a huge blackish creature with long arms duck down behind a tree. 
:blob: I told hubby that I just saw a BF and could we please turn around and he said no way am I stopping or turning around.
So I think that I saw a Bigfoot. What else could it be?
A huge hunter dressed in black ducking down? The sighting lasted perhaps 5 seconds or a little longer because I was facing it and saw it as got to it's position.

And later, in that same thread:http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/10882-sighting-on-hwy7-in-texas/?p=128406

I believed in them, but I never ever thought that I would truly catch a look at one.
Mostly the size and it's appearance convinced me that a BF watched us drive pass it after it ducked behind something that I believe to have been a large thick tree broken in half blink.gif
It was probably less than 10 feet from the road.  :ninja:

And then similarly here: http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/665-bff-member-sightings-please-no-questions-or-discussion-of-a-members-sightings/?p=128414

We passed no cars, and I do not remember passing any homes, they may have been some, but I don't remember them as I was always looking out of the left side windows of the car while petting and comforting Bucky.

I suddenly noticed a huge black figure standing beside a tall broken off tree stump

As I watched the creature looked towards us, and then it turned to it's left and ducked down behind a thick partial tree stump.

Hubby refused to turn back, so I only had a short sighting, but a fairly clear sighting of a very large black haired creature turning away from the car and ducking behind a tree.
It was tall, heavy,covered in black hair, and I was shocked at how it just disappeared behind the 1/2 of a tree stump that was probably only 4-5 feet tall, but had a very thick wide bottom.

I did not see the animal again as hubby left the area and refused to return. sad.gif

In the more recent 'Dogmen and Bigfoot, Friends or Foes?' thread, you described it's actions thusly: http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/46258-dogmen-and-bigfoot-friends-or-foes/?p=823270

We interrupted him digging in a stump, he stood up and looked at us, turned away and went to a large tree and stretched up like he was going to climb it or something, then he turned, looked at me, and we made eye contact until he was out of my sight. If I had been on foot I would have possibly died of fright. This creature was terrifying, and I am sincere when I say that I have since then stopped all solo hiking, nor do I camp at all in the outdoors or forests.

Now, here in this thread, you say it did something different: http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/48010-ptsd-and-bf-sitings/?p=861820

Drew, I just finished a radio show about my Dogman sighting, and I very honestly talked about dealing with my fears of ever going into the woods again. Thinking that something exists is far different than KNOWING that these creatures exist, and that they can be aggressive. The Dogman I saw followed our car out into the road and watched us drive away. If we had broken down near him, I doubt that hubby and I would be alive today.

I don't think anyone could fault me for being a bit confused. Could you please clarify, for all of use who are genuinely interested in your sighting: 

1. Which of these statements best describes the creature's actions that day?
  2. Which one(s) did you relate in the interview you gave?
  3. Why do the different accounts contain these discrepencies to begin with?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Bonehead74
  • Upvote 1

SweetSuzieq and Shadowborn, isn't is nuts what happens to you when you see one?  Think of your life before and how it is now.  Susie is doing interviews, I am on FBF future episode.

Hey Shadow, is that an eastern screech owl for your avitar?  I have been hearing that around here all the time and one of the investigators that spent a few weekends here, that that is what it was.  I looked it up on youtube.  Love it!   One was in the tree very close to me and I recorded sound of it on my phone.  I could probably post it here.  Actually probably not.  My phone is low on storage and it wouldn't send.  But yeah, that owl is my new favorite animal friend.  I bought a replica of one at my work, (gift shop etc), and I have a night light too.  We have barred owl here too.  I always thought that it was a dove.  So happy to hear that it was a screech owl.

By the way, I got my recorder a day earlier!  So I'm testing it out tonight.  Took a big old 4 hour nap earlier, so I'm up.  Playing tunes, porch settin.  The recorder is about 100 feet away from me in the back yard at the bottom of a valley.  Haven't heard anything tonight after about a 75% rate these past 10 days.  Never happens that way anyway.  All good things in all good time Jerry Garcia sings. 

I wonder if they watched me put the recorder out there.  Then saw me check it an hour and a half later.  Hope i didn't kill all sound here.  I doubt it.  Wonder if it can hear me singing to Crosby and Nash now?  :)

Speaking of interviews, my friend Robert who was with me for the Salt Fork experience this May, told me tonight that he is thinking about doing an internet show interview.  I told him that I give my proxy for whatever he says.  I trust him completely and his story will be very good with details.  Glad to know that there is a media type area on the forums. 

Sorry not to follow the SusieQ story or threads, but i appreciate you guys that ask questions about consistency of stories.  I want to pass your test.  Ask me questions.  I want to see your letter grade.  I'm still festering about how I did when FBF interviewed me. 

To pull from, you have my entire postings since some time last October.  You have my BFRO report.  Hit me.  I'll even tell you my first name is Suzanne.  One of my close friends says that unless the forum ppl tell you their real name etc, you can't trust them.  You can look at my bfro report from Holmes County.

Again, I actually invite people to be skeptical about my story.  It's a comfortable place to live.  I want all the investigators and skeptics to tell me what I might be imagining or give me other explanations.  My husband, I call the engineer, keeps me grounded in science and reality.  But he's not up to hear what I hear. 

You know what?  I am tired of telling people what I have seen and heard, and hoping that they believe me.  I have investigators here that have found this place interesting.  But I am tired of telling people and as of TONIGHT I am on the "air" so to speak with the new recorder going.  Of course I haven't heard anything yet tonight when it's been active for the past 10 days.  Maybe they saw me put the recorder out.  I don't care.  I'm just happy to have the tape rolling so I can back up what I've been hearing and finally share it with you all. 

Listening to good tunes tonight after several hours of quiet.  I think that when I'm playing tunes and hanging out here, that the SSQ feel that I am distracted and can move about.  Several times, I shut the tunes off before going inside and I hear something.  So I'm going to do that again tonight.  Had the massive 4 hour deep sleep nap tonight, don't have to get up for work until 8:30 am, only working for 4 hours, can take another nap and tomorrow night we are going to have a massive bonfire and my girl friend is staying overnight.  The engineer is at our second home in Cleveland and most likely will be home tomorrow night too.

Yeah, how far have I come since the PTSS of last year?  A mile!  I am sitting out here on my porch at 0238 all by myself, no husband, in the middle of SSQville and I aint scared.  :) 

Bring it on.

I'm ready for it.

And just for the record, if I am posting messages on FBF, you can be sure that I am sitting outside. 

So I am spending the time out here, no matter what the season. 

Sorry Hammer, I don't go out of my way to try and trip people up and deconstruct their claims here. Life's too short to spend my time doing that! It's just that after a quick search to refresh my memory about SweetSusiq's sighting, I was struck by the differing accounts. I'm looking forward to hearing from her for clarification.

• Upvote 1

Chyie - no worries!  Didn't even really read what your questions were, I just perk up when investigator types are around.  I love you people.  :)

Edited by Hammer102492

BFF Patron

Hammer my gut feeling is that they saw you put the recorder out.    Whether they understand what the recorder is is or not I think they are always suspicious of anything new or any change to your routine.     Habitation situations frequently report that the BF will not come around when anyone else visits the property.     They are so attune to what is normal for you that anything different makes them very wary.   

Hammer, congrats on the positive evolution of your situation. They most likely know your routines well. Chris Noel has a lot of interesting videos which may interest you. In one titled Sasquatch on the Home Front, he notes the differences in the dynamics of home visits. Sometimes events can seem pretty dramatic with howls and knocks and such, but happening just as much or more is subtle activity that audio recording is well suited for. It seems you like night listening, but the recorder will pick up everything, including quiet stuff you might miss. Sounds like you'll be able to experiment and could also hear what happens when you're not outside.

Must say this is one of the best threads I've seen here, just a solid discussion of an issue w/o the usual skeptic/believer/normal/paranormal makumba.  some really good information being offered.

As I read through this I realized, and it's possible I missed it, but I'm not seeing any information on HOW to deal with the anxiety attacks often associated with PTSD, or real life highly stressful situations that are part of being a soldier/LEO, which would be very helpful if one is dealing with the anxiety of the subject here.  It's simple, it's free, anyone can do it, and if it helps a guy deal with combat & someone trying to kill you, it unquestionably will help with monkee anxiety...

We call it Tactical Breathing, in the Japanese based martial arts it is called (forgive me if my spelling in incorrect here) Sanchin Breathing, or focusing.

It is dirt simple; breath in through your nose 4 counts, hold it 4 counts, then exhale through your mouth 4 counts.  Concentrate on the area of your diaphragm and exhale from your diaphragm.  The cycle is repeated 4 times.

This is taught to LEOs and soldiers and every martial arts student learns it early in his/her training.  It centers your energy and brings on a calm feeling of control that has to be experienced to be believed & understood.  It works for any type of anxiety from taking tests in school or performance tests like those to attain your next belt level in martial arts, to shooting a qualifying score to retain one's LE license every year, to live or die firefights.  I would certainly be equally effective dealing with BF anxiety...

Plus 1 to you from me. I am trying the breathing as I write this:) My sighting has caused me to stop hiking, and since *2* policemen reported seeing a Sasquatch by a small fishing lake *near* my house, and since I did not even realize that I had witnessed a Dogman until someone here told me what a *snout* meant, there is no way I will *ever* hike again. 

Hammer

One thing I would like to draw your attention to is that during all the experiences you have had on your property you were just by your campfire singing, dancing, laughing. You were not hunting them. You were just out there. But the night outing in Salt Fork put you into a kind of hunting mode in their territory at night. After midnight until dawn is the time when they are out and about and would definitely want to check you out to see if you present a threat.

Now that I understand a little more about them, I don't think I would choose to go out hunting them at night unless it was with a group like KB hunter who has had a number of peaceful experiences with them. There is probably a non-threatening way to approach them at night but you would still be on thin ice.

Plus 1 to you my friend:) Well said, thin ice is to be avoided at all costs, especially around BF who are not familiar with you. YIKES!

Sorry Hammer, I don't go out of my way to try and trip people up and deconstruct their claims here. Life's too short to spend my time doing that! It's just that after a quick search to refresh my memory about SweetSusiq's sighting, I was struck by the differing accounts. I'm looking forward to hearing from her for clarification.

Hi, Bonehead, what can I share with you to help me explain, and for you understand my sighting? Just ask, and I will happily explain. I can most sincerely say that my sighting has changed my life. I have also been after David Paulides to talk about how often BF may be involved in a lot of his missing 411 stories.

Here you go, SweetSusiq, from a bit further up-thread (please read post#126 in this thread). Have you read any of the Missing 411 books?

SweetSusiq-

I went back to review your original sighting account and had some questions about several details, and this one in particular: Your original account states that the creature ducked behind what you believe was a stump and watched you drive past: http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/10882-sighting-on-hwy7-in-texas/?p=128380

And later, in that same thread:http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/10882-sighting-on-hwy7-in-texas/?p=128406

And then similarly here: http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/665-bff-member-sightings-please-no-questions-or-discussion-of-a-members-sightings/?p=128414

In the more recent 'Dogmen and Bigfoot, Friends or Foes?' thread, you described it's actions thusly: http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/46258-dogmen-and-bigfoot-friends-or-foes/?p=823270

Now, here in this thread, you say it did something different: http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/48010-ptsd-and-bf-sitings/?p=861820

I don't think anyone could fault me for being a bit confused. Could you please clarify, for all of use who are genuinely interested in your sighting:

• Which of these statements best describes the creature's actions that day?
  • Which one(s) did you relate in the interview you gave?
  • Why do the different accounts contain these discrepencies to begin with?
Thanks in advance!
Edited by Bonehead74

Not sure what you mean by regular BigFoot but this was my first actual sighting of a BigFoot. What I can tell is that we were not sure what these creatures were as far as male or female were concern. It was dark and it all took place at night after it had rained and there was no moon light. So these creatures did take advantage of the dark and used it well.

You were out at night and encountered a few BF of some sort? Ye Gads! At least you were not alone. In the dark it would be difficult to tell what type of BF were around you. 

Here you go, SweetSusiq, from a bit further up-thread (please read post#126 in this thread). Have you read any of the Missing 411 books?

BH, I probably did not do a very good job explaining the sighting because it was rather shocking and totally unexpected. The very first thing I saw was a clearing with a huge stump with what I thought at first must be a huge black bear digging in the stump, but I was thinking it's winter, why is a bear out and not hibernating?

I just started a topic about David's books,and I asked him why does he not come out and say that BF could be involved in many of the disappearances. He said that he cannot come out and say anything about an unrecognized species "taking" people away.