Ptsd And Bf Sitings

clubbedfoot

1980squatch

Thank you for telling us about your encounter.

You really handled yourself well for being such a young man and unaware of this creature even possibly existing.  I  understand that you have not had any more sightings?

Thanks!  No, one and done for me.  I never became a researcher, just an enthusiast who pokes around just a bit in Indiana.  I'm certain the one I saw was just a passer through, so even though I was out and about a lot in the area following my encounter it did not surprise me that I never had another.  It would be cool to see one now knowing what I do, but realistically, I'll never top it.

Now that you know and time has passed are you more comfortable hunting and hiking in the forest? 

Yes, I can go right up to my encounter spot now and it does not bother me.  I have not doe that for a few years though...  But yes, I do not fear these things they seem as a population to be very non-threatening. 

Has your encounter changed any of your families hiking and camping plans? 

Sort of, the next spot I have in mind might be just a bit squatchy  :)

1980squatch, wrote:

Sort of, the next spot I have in mind might be just a bit squatchy   :)

Susi asks: Are you going to that area to do some research on BF? Is your family aware of this species? Will they join you in doing some research? Are they okay with possibly encountering a BF out in the woods? Will you be armed in case of problems of some sort?

1980squatch, wrote:[/size]

Sort of, the next spot I have in mind might be just a bit squatchy   :)

Susi asks: Are you going to that area to do some research on BF? Is your family aware of this species? Will they join you in doing some research? Are they okay with possibly encountering a BF out in the woods? Will you be armed in case of problems of some sort?

It is an area of interest to me but I won't do deliberate research on a family camp out. My wife knows everything but my 6 yr old daughter does not. Would be cool for my wife to see one if I was right there with her, I would not want her to have a solo sighting. Despite being a gun nut I will not be armed. The 6 yr old is a bit crazy and I will not have a loaded gun anywhere near her yet. Having said that Norse is right, being armed is often a great idea. And women are usualy better marksmen than men. Consider it, it seems you might need to do something proactive on the fear front...

Is your encounter documented here someplace?

It would suck to have life affecting issues from a BF encounter. There is no place to talk it out, no professional, family or freind support to be had...

To 1980squatch

I am the only BF believer in my family. I had the sighting, and I was so shocked and stunned that I froze and did not say a word until we were well out of sight of the creature.  The creature and I locked eyes:(

When I caught my breath my hubby refused to turn around, and as stunned as I was I really was glad since that creature could tear our suburban up, and us also. This species is so large, so muscle bound, that in a fight w/o weapons, the BF would win. 

I did file a report here, I have not looked at it in a long time. My sighting was in the Davy Crockett National Forest, on a dirt road because we were lost.  

My report is in sightings here at the BFF.

Sighting On Hwy7 In Texas
I have my sighting in the Texas BF report site. Edited by SweetSusiq

We have records of REM Sleep disorders causing sightings of Night Hags, Aliens and Black Dogs, why not Bigfoot?

Hmmmmmm.  Doesn't look like any bigfoot in there.  My point appears to stand.

It does no good, in a scientific discussion, to say people imagine this because they imagine that.  One must prove they are imagining this.

Guest LarryP

We have records of REM Sleep disorders causing sightings of Night Hags, Aliens and Black Dogs, why not Bigfoot?

I've seen a helluva lot of black dogs over my lifetime. But they were all every bit as real as any other dog I've ever seen.

BFF Patron

Susiq:   I flew 727s for many years until the airline got rid of them.   Loved that airplane, very safe, flew in two of the three positions on them.  Never got senior enough to be captain.     Flew the 757 until I was forced to retire.     Loved that airplane too in a different way. 

Anyway in spite of all the arguments about what is safer woods or highways,   I stand by my feelings.     If you cannot rationalize being in the woods for whatever reason stay out of them.     Some of us have precognition abilities (this will send some people into a tizzy) but I have experienced it myself.    And observed others having feelings they ignored at their peril.     A classic case I can think of was a B-52 gunner who had a really bad feeling about flying one day.    He went out sick and the airplane that he was supposed to fly crashed killing everyone on board right on base.     Only it gets worse.    The gunner was walking on base and the airplane hit and killed him on the ground.    In my case I was driving along the road in California that parallels the Sierras.     I had vision of a car running off the road and going out into a field with a big cloud of dust.     Sort of like a day time dream.      I slowed down trying to figure out what was happening.    5 minutes later I came around a corner and this time saw in real time the exact same scene.   If I had not slowed down the car would have hit me as it crossed the road before going out into the field.   The driver was fine and just shook up but if we had head on we both could have been killed.       I had a couple of things like this happened when I was a fireman.    A feeling not to go someplace or great danger then a roof fell in where I would have been.  

After my zapping thing which scared me quite a bit, I had to rationalize going out in the field again.    I thought the local BF were my friends until that point.   Now I don't know.      I worked past it just like the many times I had to do the same thing in the military after crashes that killed flying buddies.     But if you cannot rationalize your fears, by all means stay out of the woods.     You will never be comfortable.     Another thing that many who have made arguments is that they are assuming BF is a homogenous population.    In my area they are pretty reclusive but can be provoked.     A 100 miles away in Northern Washington they seem very aggressive and quite willing to show themselves and chase people out of the woods.    If different species or subspecies are involved like, dogman etc, then all bets are off as to what they are like and how dangerous they are.    One could be having a bad day or have been shot at recently too in any area.    You never know when you have an encounter.     

• Upvote 2

Susiq:   I flew 727s for many years until the airline got rid of them.   Loved that airplane, very safe, flew in two of the three positions on them.  Never got senior enough to be captain.     Flew the 757 until I was forced to retire.     Loved that airplane too in a different way. 

Very cool. 

Anyway in spite of all the arguments about what is safer woods or highways,   I stand by my feelings.     If you cannot rationalize being in the woods for whatever reason stay out of them.     Some of us have precognition abilities (this will send some people into a tizzy) but I have experienced it myself.    And observed others having feelings they ignored at their peril.     

VERY cool. Could not agree more, that it's important to pay attention to your intuition. The stories you told (which I deleted here for space reasons) are amazing. 

After my zapping thing which scared me quite a bit, I had to rationalize going out in the field again.    I thought the local BF were my friends until that point.   Now I don't know.      I worked past it....

I think the BF are just like us. They have their boundaries. We might love someone dearly, but that doesn't mean we give them the keys to our houses and let them come and go as they please. They're the same way. Zapping can just mean you got a little too close. And I think they sometimes don't know the true extent of the discomfort zapping can cause. So you can always ask that they signal their dissatisfaction some other way. 

And as I remember, you were thinking they were perhaps not liking the cameras and the intention behind them, yes? I think they are willing to work with us to a point. If we approach them as individuals who want connection, they're fine; if we approach with a secret desire to expose them for our own fame and glory, they're not so fine. My guess is you were quite right in your suspicions that they were out of humor with some of your actions. The nice thing is, they don't seem to hold grudges as much as we do, and will often welcome us back when we drop the annoying behaviors.

Edited by LeafTalker

Just watched a video on youtube where Todd Neiss (a sergeant in the Oregon Army National Guard  who claims to have seen 3  BF in the NW circa 1993) while conducting weekend exercises) discussed his experience with hypnotherapy.  It was pretty interesting. 

Edited by clubbedfoot