Ptsd And Bf Sitings

clubbedfoot

Cryptic, I truly cannot think of anything that would stop the creature I saw. He even walked out to the edge of the road and watched us leave:( They are very brave, they are the kings of the forest, no doubt, even over the bears, I don't know about grizzlies, but most anything else they could take out w/o too much trouble.

Plus 1 to you from me:)

I do not think I would call what I felt when I finally "knew" they existed as PTSD, but I can tell you it causes some very serious psychological "disturbances". I sort of thought of it as a mental  "REBOOT" . That is without me actually seeing one. I still have not seen one. It is very possible for a close visual sighting, leaving no doubt what you are looking at, to cause PTSD. To make a long story short a friend of the family had an encounter in the yard of seeing something very large she described as a man watching her from the woods. Her dog alerted her she seen the silhouette from a distant light. She and all of us at the house thought it was a person because I had heard bipedal footsteps in the woods. I figured a peeping tom. We could not find anything that night and when I went to look for boot prints the next day in the direction the "peeping tom" ran I did not find boot prints, I found barefoot, human looking prints that were 20" long and 10" wide. I have tracked a little in my time and what I seen in the prints is what clicked in my head that they were real. Skeptics say that all prints are fake or can be fake and that is what I looked at when I first seen them and the more I looked the more I realized that they could not have been faked because of placement and the ability for a human to get to them and back out they would have to leave disturbances on the ground and there were none. The more it sank in that the print was real the more my mental reboot kicked in. There were other experiences after that night that just solidified it not being another person and I started seeing a lot of the signs of what people here have shared.   PS:  Hammer they have always been out there, the native Americans say they were here before them. I say some of them "might " be harmful to humans but the odds are far higher that you would loose your life to another person in this world than to a Sasquatch.

• Upvote 1

First of all, I have to apologize to the thread for posting so much music.  It's a bad habit of mine and I just get carried away in the moment sometimes.  :sorry:

Lightheart - Yes, I would like to go back to how it was before.  You are right about that.  I am a lot better off than I was before.  So don't worry about me, I'm fine and functioning within normal parameters, (most of the time!).

Cat soldier - Yeah!  Go BROWNS!  Should be an interesting year.

David - Thanks for the encouragement.  I'm not concerned that they are going to hurt me.  They certainly could have done that at Salt Fork when we felt surrounded.  What I am afraid of is seeing one looking in my window! 

I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts.  This is a good thread.  I wish it had been started last year at this time when I was going out of my mind trying to figure it all out. 

Thank you!

Yeah Susi. I laugh when I hear others talk about how the guns they carry, as if they'd be some form of protection against Squatches if they went rogue on them.

NDT - You are my new favorite poster.  I love what you say. 

Being afraid wasn't going to keep me away from enjoying our little paradise here.  I had to make a stand and not be afraid.  It's been cool since then.  Learning more and getting a grip on my emotions was key. 

I don't think I have PTSD in a serious sense.  I fall into that other category.  I was hit with something unexpected, had to deal with it, yeah, it took over my life for a time, and still does to some extent, but I still was able to function normally in life, ie job, family obligations etc.  It has turned me inside out and taken over my thoughts quite often, but hey, I'm still porch settin' outside now at 0237.  Summer is too short not to enjoy.

God bless you and your fellow military brothers and sisters for your service NDT.  I have family that have been through the  storms of war and I just want to say thank you for all you have done to continue this great thing of freedom, because I can sit out on my porch in the fresh air, communicating with you all, and just enjoy breathing freedom's fresh air.  Thank you and God Bless you ALL!

Edited by Hammer102492

DWA - I think you are right that it has to do with where the witness is before, then after the encounter.  Two days later, I did a search on google to see if anyone had ever seen a SSQ in Ohio before.  What I found, blew my mind.  Someone saw it a mile from where I did in the middle of nowhere where we live.  Blew my light sockets out because of the confirmation, but then I sat back and really thought about what they were and tried to digest that they were here.  I didn't dis-believe that they existed, maybe in the Great Northwest, but Ohio??  I just couldn't come up with another answer for what I saw and WHAM a whole new world opened up that I didn't even know existed before.  It took me months to process that, I'd say a whole year and then some for where I am now.

I laugh now because of where I was that night wondering if anyone in Ohio had ever seen one, to today where I have met a bunch of new friends, been to two BF events and now have the tv show asking me to go on the air.  People in town are coming up to me with their stories now.  The other two witnesses nearby are going to go on with their stories too.  I don't know then personally.  I'll bet money that they were in the same boat as me having known nothing about SSQ in Ohio.  I have talked to some people they know.  Having lived here for 14 years, I never heard one person mention anything about BF.  Now people are coming out of the woodwork with their stories.  It's OK to talk about it here now.  I think I had something to do with that. 

And still I set here on the porch, like I always used to do before BF and will continue to do now.  I ain't scared anymore, for the most part.  I just know that they may be lurking.  As long as they don't scare me, or look in my windows, I will be fine.  I don't wish to see them again, or long for another chance. 

I don't go looking for them except for once at Salt Fork to see if it was just here, or if it was elsewhere.  I got my answer and will not go out looking for them again.  Why would I?  Why would I want to get mixed up in all that?  It's twisted to begin with, and could only get more twisted.

I love the skeptical side of me.  And yes, contrary to popular belief, I do have a skeptical side.  I love that part of me because I can just go there for refuge. 

NDT - Thank you for posting that breathing technique.  That is very cool.  I will remember that.

Laughing because that's the first thing that my investigator has told me on a few occasions when I have been unnerved with an experience here.  He said, "breath!"

Thank you again for helping.  You are a dear person and I am grateful for your experiences and your hard work in the military. 

Hello Hammer, and I've been reading your posts and can feel your excitement in all the positive and negative ways since your sighting and other experiences. Many here would like to experience what you have so it's a type of blessing one way, but not in another. Many of us are glad that you've found an outlet for your trauma and blatant realization.

It makes sense that bigfoots are like people, have families, and personalities. Many seem to be peaceful and read a report on BFF of a BF rescuing a boy that nearly drowned. It would be interesting to know more about the one or ones that seem to be staying around your home. Is it a female with kids, a juvenile, or adult male. The slap on the house almost seems like a juvenile testing its courage and wanting to say hello. Of course the problem is the bigfoots remain hidden until they trust you and that you won't bring in humans hunting them. How many acres do you own? Talking about them in the local area and around town can bring in hunters on or near your land. You don't want a wounded  ticked off BF running around.  

Don't want to scare you, but I've read many reports of bigfoots curiosity and their drive to look in windows...........sorry........If you don't want one looking in your window, then put up a tall fence, motion detector lights, and put your barking dog out there.

Have you had any clear views of one and if so what do you remember? When you saw the one jump across the road what are the details that you remember? 

Edited by georgerm

Thanks for your kind words and advice Geo.  I'm happy to answer your questions, because hey, I'll talk about this subject all day long if someone wants to hear it. 

At least 3 nights a week, I am outside in the summer.  I am on the porch cranking tunes as we speak.  We get out of town to Cleveland to see the family, so I get a chance to get away from it.  Most times that you see me posting here, I am out on the porch, listening to tunes, and the night sounds.  I am a night owl.  I have a great job that allows me a good amount of freedom.  So even when the weather is cold and crappy, I still make it out every season of the year.  My record this past winter was 6 degrees for a couple of hours.  I had a fire going though.  So yeah, I'm out here a lot.

Regarding people that want to see a SSQ and are envious of me, all I can say is that it seems like everyone can have an experience if you put yourself in the right place and spend the time.  I'm not looking for it, nor asked for it.  I just spend a lot of time outdoors where they happen to be at the moment.  If you want to have an experience, I recommend that you hang out peacefully on the path leading to the farm house at Salt Fork State Park on Bigfoot Ridge.  Hot spots are not hard to find.  Get to know your local BFRO investigator and he / she will be a great guide.  Also, I don't think tromping through the woods with a bunch of electrical equipment will do much good.  Just sit, hang out, have fun for a few days and see what happens.  That's my opinion. 

BF hunters around here?  Naw, they would be risking their lives because people around here have guns and hunt at night too.  Not a wise idea.  It's well patrolled, put it that way.  An outsider would be noticed.  We all know each other around here and watch each other's backs.  We only have 18 acres, except for 3 houses a quarter of a mile from us in one direction, we are surrounded by hundreds of acres and our house is at the bottom of a valley.  I look at hills 360 degrees.  Sound carries here.  I'll call the cats in at night and hear my echo, "treats! treats! treats!"   One night I was annoyed that one of our cats wasn't coming in.  We don't want them eaten by coyotes or get into barn cat fights with the neighbor farms.  Every 20 minutes, I was calling louder.  Well the big dummy finally came strolling into the living room from inside the house like it was nothing.  But later that night, I went outside to have a cigarette and heard a BIG tree knock.  I think I stirred it up.  

Anyway, there is a family behind us that together own 600 acres down a good portion of the Mohican River.  They have game cameras everywhere and use it for prize buck hunting.  So there's the Mohican River, hundreds of acres, then us and a road.  The deer move through here all the time.  Everything here is lush and plentiful.  Farmland is all around.  It's kill or be killed regarding deer.  Everyone around here has hit a deer with their car.  The local farmer got a nusience permit for the deer because they were eating his corn 6 rows deep.  When our investigator came here, he asked about that.  The farmer leaves the dead deer for the coyotes, buzzards and whatever to eat.  He can't pick them all up in the summer.  So that started a couple of years ago, and now I know why the investigator asked about it.

Geez oh PETE'S!  Just had a feral cat fight about 20 feet from me just now.  I had to throw a beer bottle at the to take it elsewhere.  I heard that SSQ like cats too.  Good.  That's the only animal I have ever shot with a gun, a nasty cat that was threatening our pets. 

OK, what what the next question?

The first call from our BFRO investigator, third sentence in, was, "you might want to keep your blinds pulled at night."  I'm like WHAT?!  Holy moley.  I wasn't ready for all that but you can be **** sure that my blinds are pulled at night.  The scary thing is that critters get up on our porch and cause the dog to go nuts.  Now I just step to the side and shut the door without daring to look now to see what it is.  That's what this thing does to a person.  I don't know who wants to see it or why, but that, I do not want to see.  That would send me right over the edge.  I was NEVER scared of any wildlife around me before.  I started a thread in the Premium Forums called, "So tell me, why do you go looking for BF?"  I am not scared of our place now, a year and two months later, but it took that long for me to come to terms with the fact that I'm not the only intelligent being around here at night. 

We have nothing going on here now.  This summer is going the same as last summer.  May 2013 was crazy then June and July and most of August there was no activity.  So I lulled myself in the comfortable sense that it was a once in a lifetime event, a mile or so down the road.  THEN, in late August our friend saw it watching our camping group at the back of our property.  I didn't get off the porch for another month and a half again.  Then all the shinanigans started which lead me to believe that we were dealing with a teenage male.  That's exactly what it felt like.  For you ladies, remember when there was that boy in Jr high that kept calling your house and you didn't want to talk to him?  Well just ignore something and it will keep coming back.  I remember one time coming back from Cleveland and walking into the house, sort of sad that the stress of it was back on.  I was also mad because it was messing with our paradise here.  I remember thinking very strongly, (even though it was a beautiful day to hang out), I'm going inside, not sitting out tonight and ha ha, you can't get me.  I remember that day like it happened yesterday.  This is my house and I'm pulling the shades, watching TV, getting some good rest and to heck with you.  This is our house and you can't get me.  Then, about 3am I got up to go to the bathroom, settled back in bed, playing word feud until I could fall back asleep and WHAM!  Something hit our house on the second floor where I had the widow open next to my head.  Our lazy cat freaked and ran off the bed.  I freaked out and woke up my husband.  What was that!!!  I made him wake up and listen to what happened.  I don't know if there is something to the psychic sasquatch thread, but I took a real good second look at it.  So now I am getting un-nerved.  It's messing with me personally,  Husband said that it could have been a squirrel or something jumping on the roof outside of our window.  Yeah, could be but a squirrel wouldn't send the cat flying like it did, but sure, I'm happy to think that's what it was.  Hoping that's what it was, but IT WASN'T!  He peeled off a rock or something from the woods where I believe it lurks 90 feet from our house.  That event along with a house slap or whatever next to where I was watching tv, and another time with a rock or whatever at the second floor window on the other side of the bedroom, just about made me nuts.  All three times the lazy cat bolted like someone shot a gun.  What was I supposed to think??  I knew what it felt like and eventually, I literally told it to cool out.  I made a stand and it stopped.  My husband said that if something hit the house like that, it would have made a dent in the vinyl siding, or broke a window, for which there was no evidence.  Thank God his can keep giving me other explanations, but you know when you know as my college roommate used to say.  I love the skeptics, they give me comfort. 

That is what was.  Now, it's all good, just so you know.  At this point I would be OK to march down to the back campsite right now and bring gear for this weekend's fest, and not feel that I would be hurt.  I would of course, keep my antennae up, but I would do it.  So I'm a lot better off than I was.

To continue with your question about what I think is here, whatever my brother-in-law and I heard call back to us twice Memorial Day Saturday 2013, was NOT a juvenile.  Whatever it was, sounded very mad that we were calling it and it put us down in our place!  That was a big alpha male.  What I saw jump over the road was probably the same one.  It was huge. 

To answer your question about what I can describe about it...

It happened really fast but what I saw was a big black thing about 7 feet in a mid air jump.  It had its arms out in front of it about shoulder level.  It had a massive body.  The legs were behind it but came in as it was completing its jump.  It was all arms, head and body. I didn't see it start to jump, nor see it land.  When I first saw it, my instinct was that it was a deer because they jump all the time on the roads.  I looked down for a second and looked up and it was gone.  I wanted to see what was because I immediately started to think that it wasn't a deer.  I remember when it jumped, I said out loud, "WOW."  Biggest one ever would go on the board at Buckeye Deli if someone shot that, biggest one in the state.  Then I started thinking, like biggest one EVER.  Wait a minute, what what that????   I don't talk to myself but again I said out loud, "what the HELL was that????"  I sat there for a few seconds trying to figure it out and I just wasn't coming up with any answers.  I'm thinking, I think that I just saw a Sasquatch!  I couldn't believe it, but what else could it be?  I thought about my sister-in-law who introduced me to the word "squatchy" because she watched the FBF tv show.  I watched it a few times after she told me to but I was like, this is stupid.  I didn't doubt that BF existed in the Great Northwest or whatever.  I had never heard of a BF in Ohio.  So as I put the car into gear and slowly moved forward to see what had jumped, I didn't see anything.  Then I got the big creeps and just wanted to get the hell out of there. I was becoming unnerved because I just couldn't come up with an explanation for it.  So I dialed her up on the cell phone while driving on a treacherous road and this is how the conversation went:

Hi, I have to tell you something.

What?

Nervous laughing

What

More nervous laughing
WHAT?

You are never going to believe what I think I just saw

What!

Nervous laughing, can't even believe what I am about to say

I think I just saw a Sasquatch jump across the road in front of me!

WHAT???!!!  No --- way. 

My description is running a mile a minute all the way back home to our house

Walking through the yard my husband comes out and asks what is going on.

I hang up with her and tell him that I think I just saw a SSQ jump over 211 in front of me.

He had been wondering where I was because I had been taking pictures of horses and had been held up at the deli too.  We have cell phones but I was gone awhile.

He said, "really?"  C'mon. 

I'm like, NO REALLY!

After a few minutes seeing that I was lit up about it, he said that it was probably a bear.

We do not have bears here, but maybe we do now.  I was OK with his explanation but I stayed up all night at the campfire thinking about it.

I rested the next day.  Just tried to cool out. 

The next night I was preparing for a job interview and before I went to bed, still thinking about what I saw, I wondered if anyone in Ohio had ever seen a Bigfoot.  So I googled "Bigfoot, Ohio."  What came up blew me away. 

I found the BFRO website and clicked on Holmes County and learned that there was a report of a road crossing about a mile from where I saw it!!!!  I'm up on the porch with the computer with my mind totally blown and no one around.  I think I did wake my husband up.  We live in the middle of almost nowhere and what were the chances of that happening!  So at 3am I sent out an e-mail to our family that had been making fun of me with this story for the past day or so, and said  Read this!  and I posted the link to the other sighting. 

Then two weeks later my brother-in-law called it twice and it answered twice!  Literally blew me out of my chair.  I had to sit on the ground to absorb the energy pulsing through my body.  Get a grip, feel the earth, it's all good.  Laughing with tears coming down my face, my brother-in-law in total shock and awe.  I'm laughing out loud now.  It was truly amazing and if I had thought to turn on my phone recorder, you all would be hearing it right now.  It was that loud.  Who knew?  At least I knew now that it wasn't a bear and it was a SSQ that I saw.  It was 35 degrees out at 0130 in the morning.  Our nearest neighbors were not out.  That had as big of an impact on me as seeing it. 

I mentioned that there was another sighting in June of 2012.  Well, besides their car that saw it, there was another car that was at the same place and also slowed down to see it.  Both their reports are on BFRO as well.

Finding Bigfoot TV show is coming back to Ohio and all three of us have been asked to tell our stories. 

I will do everything I can to protect them.  I feel that way.  I detest the pro kill thought.  There will be no BF hunters here other than qualified researchers.  It's a two way street.  I take care of them, hopefully they take care of me.  Besides everything else in this valley, I guess we have BF here too. 

I agreed to tell my story to FBF because the ppl connected with that show have helped me out greatly as I was trying to figure out what was going on.  I could write a big old post about that but I will spare you.  I do not want to be on TV, but I want to help promote the research, without killing them. 

In my opinion, you are not going to see them around here unless you are in the right place, at the right time, with the right frame of mind.  I just don't get people that go running through the woods with all the equipment.  They will always be several steps ahead.  If there are evil people that poach around here, they will be found and hopefully, it won't be from a tragic accident from a hunter thinking it is game. 

I don't know, maybe it was fate or whatever that I was exposed to this phenomenon.  In the past year, I have learned so much.  One of the greatest things that I have learned is that there are researchers, from way back, like Bob Gimlin, that worked really hard to help the science and understanding of these creatures move forward in a positive direction.  People I have met have put so many hours into researching stories like mine, in search of evidence and understanding of these beings.  Maybe it's just my turn to give back.

Back to your idea about what is here, I also think that I may have seen a baby on a walk down to the river during Lent this February.

It was a really warm day after a very cold winter and trying to do something positive for Lent, I took a walk to the river and said a Rosary for some family members that were ill.  That walk takes me about an hour and 10 minutes depending on how hard I hit it.  It's up a hill then down to the river, back up a huge hill and then down to our house.  I was trying to concentrate on my prayers so I did not let my thoughts wander.  After I was finished with the Rosary, I was just about at the top of the hill.  I'm like, OK, I know where I am, walking through possible SSQ turf, but now that the prayers are done, I can look around and think about nature and my surroundings and this beautiful day.  It was so glorious to be thawed out and exercising and doing something positive for my loved ones in prayer.

Just then, there was a quick movement of something in the brush close on the hill next to the road.  I looked over and saw a black animal.  I couldn't identify what animal it was.  Of course, my first thought was to SSQ, but it was too small for that.  I am 5'3 and it would be like I was hunched over moving very fast out of the bushes into more brush.  So I didn't think it was a SSQ.  I slowed my pace but kept moving because the adrenalin from the walk after powering up the big hill.  All I saw was something with girth, all black moving fast.  I didn't see arms, legs or head, just a body. 

Again, around here, your first thought is that it is some animal moving around.  That goes on here all the time.  But as I slowed down, again with the list going through my head of what it could be, I'm like really?  Here we go again.  How am I going to explain this one?  It wasn't a dog, it wasn't a deer, it wasn't a coyote.  I honestly thought that it could be a baby bear.  Then I was like, uh oh, where is it's mamma?  But we don't have bear around here.  Unless they are moving in and their babies are hiding out next to the road, and they leap 7 feet in the air, what the heck was that??  I stopped, turned around and by this time I was about 20 feet from where it bolted.  I didn't see anything.  Even in February, there is scrub brush around.  After a minute or so of stopping, looking and listening, there was nothing, so I kept going.  After about 5 steps, I heard it move again.  I whipped around and saw nothing.  It waiting for me to move on before it made its next move. 

I honestly think that it was a baby Sasquatch that was right there, where I was at that moment.  I don't know if it was there before because I wasn't focused on the area.  A few times my mind would get distracted, but I was concentrating on my prayers and blocking everything out.  Someone told me that bear do not move that fast.  It was just a thick black mass that moved very quickly from the brush into I don't know where.  I heard something move, looked over and that's what I saw.  Again, I didn't really think it was a SSQ at the time because it was small.  Of course, I went through the list in my mind and after several steps, I couldn't come up with an answer, then it moved again, but I couldn't see it.

My husband was interested in what I had to say, but came up with the bear idea. 

He often says, "You think everything is a SSQ." 

My response is, "Yeah, why wouldn't I?"

I hope everyone has a great summer weekend!  We're going canoeing and camping here, so I'll let you know if anything suspicious happens.  I love having people hang out with me here at night to see what they experience.  So far, we've had two major ones.  Let's see if they are still away, or if they show up again.  Last year, we didn't have action until the third weekend of August.  I can't count that week ago Monday tree break because it was diseased and may have come down on its own, but for someone like me, I always wonder.

Be safe out there and enjoy this wonderful summer freedom that we enjoy thanks to the sacrifices of others that have carried the American flag on their backs into war.  God bless them all and their families. 

Enjoy!

Peace out.

Hammer

Ok, I couldn't resist.  This song came on and I had to post it.   Just this one...  thank you for your indulgence.  :)

Just heard coyote call.  Big bull frogs all around.  It's where I live, and other things live...in a big country.

I just listen to my tunes, try to pretend it's not there, enjoy my summer nights outside, and don't go looking for it.  That's when it usually shows up. 

But you know what, after 14 months, now I feel kind of a kinship to them in terms of the fact that both of our little families are here and we are connected and part of the same place.  So for all my freak outs, I'm actually very cool about what may or may not be here.  If there are SSQ here, at least they are our SSQ and we're all family living here just busy being free.  It's a great place to live.  We share the same space and it's all good. 

Just don't scare me!  That's all I ask.  And the word here is PEACE! 

So far, so good.  I have no complaints on this first day of August.

Maybe I'm just enjoying the SSQ vacation.  It will be interesting to see if we get action here again in August.  So far it's the same as last year.  No activity.  Fine with me. 

I have to admit, I always enjoy when I think that they are not around and then I hear a knock.  Again, it has been quiet here since May.  Husband smoked a pork shoulder all day.  The Krewe is arriving tomorrow.  Lots of love and merriment and food going on.  In my experience, that's what it take to pull them in. 

I will NOT talk about BF unless someone asks me about it.  The girl that saw it here watching us last year will be here.  She told me she would never camp here again, but this time, she has her boyfriend with her.  I so want to recreate the event.  We'll go look at the Milky Way at the same time Saturday night.  I'll try to be subtle about it, but if it works, we'll get the story out of her again when we are all standing at the same place a little less than a year later.  That will be cool.  I remember that day like it happened yesterday.  I have thought about it for months.  But I don't want to freak out her experience because she's not a BF person, and said she had a 7 minute experience watching it watching us without moving.  She left for the campsite and we didn't find out for several days what she experienced.  She tried to tell me and us to look.  I took a cursory glance but it was foggy and we were all yacking and looking at the stars.  I wasn't thinking about BF being here at all after the summer of no activity and thinking that the researchers were right that it was a passing thing.  WHY DIDN'T  WE LISTEN TO HER!  We all could have seen it.  Then I'm left with the thought afterward that it's in my backyard now. 

So will it be in my backyard again with the Canoe Trip Fool 2.0?  We'll see.

If I don't get some sleep, I'll miss it all.

Thank you again, for your patience and indulgence.

You all have my heart and everything I know about this subject from my personal standpoint.

I hope somehow it is helpful to others, or maybe helpful for the research. 

I have to give back what I have been given in this quest for BF knowledge.