Ptsd And Bf Sitings

clubbedfoot

Must say this is one of the best threads I've seen here, just a solid discussion of an issue w/o the usual skeptic/believer/normal/paranormal makumba.  some really good information being offered.

As I read through this I realized, and it's possible I missed it, but I'm not seeing any information on HOW to deal with the anxiety attacks often associated with PTSD, or real life highly stressful situations that are part of being a soldier/LEO, which would be very helpful if one is dealing with the anxiety of the subject here.  It's simple, it's free, anyone can do it, and if it helps a guy deal with combat & someone trying to kill you, it unquestionably will help with monkee anxiety...

We call it Tactical Breathing, in the Japanese based martial arts it is called (forgive me if my spelling in incorrect here) Sanchin Breathing, or focusing.

It is dirt simple; breath in through your nose 4 counts, hold it 4 counts, then exhale through your mouth 4 counts.  Concentrate on the area of your diaphragm and exhale from your diaphragm.  The cycle is repeated 4 times.

This is taught to LEOs and soldiers and every martial arts student learns it early in his/her training.  It centers your energy and brings on a calm feeling of control that has to be experienced to be believed & understood.  It works for any type of anxiety from taking tests in school or performance tests like those to attain your next belt level in martial arts, to shooting a qualifying score to retain one's LE license every year, to live or die firefights.  I would certainly be equally effective dealing with BF anxiety...

To tell you the truth.....I  understand the psychology of accepting that in a sporting event that he/she is just a human and they put their pants on one leg at a time so of course they can be beaten in whatever athletic competition we are talking about.....but all bets are off when numerous witnesses claim something that is clearly beyond what a human is clearly capable of.....that thought is what prompted this thread.....I  have never born witness to what some have seen and experienced but who am I to carte blanche deny what too many have experienced....call me foolish....I don't care......call me someone who is seeking the truth.......and I am guilty as charged.....

Edited by clubbedfoot

• 2 weeks later...

Have been actively researching Bigfoots for two and a half years. Have had alot of activity during those years. May 31, 2014, had first Class A sighting at 2:00 AM with night vision equipment. My partner and I concluded that there was definetly two of them and maybe a third one as lookout. The encounter was not freighting  or stressful to me. It seemed like they were just curious about us. I measured the distance between them and us the next day; exactly 35 ft. My partner was really shaken up by the experience  an said she had seen enough and did not want to go through it ever  again. I developed  quite abit of anxiety over the next few weeks and I have had to work to get it under control. I went out again in June but some of the anxiety was still there. Its something I will just have to work out since I already invested in military grade, 3rd gen. AN/PVS-7B night  vision since the encounter. The anxiety seems irrational  because I usually do my research  alone in places people never go and I have never been freighted in the woods day or night. I guess I will just play it out and see how it goes.

BFF Patron

rlwebb:    Been there,  know what you are saying.    My advice is to just remember that you were that close and did not get hurt.    I think the best thing is to treat them with respect and hope they will treat you that way in return.    I talk to them when I know they are there and give them room to move away,      It helps me calm down and lets them know I am trying to communicate and mean no harm.    The only way to get over it is to just keep going into the field.   A long term researcher I heard speak last Sunday said something that rings true.      In 100 trips to the field you might have two contacts.      So by the time you have another encounter it will have gotten pretty mundane.  Maybe we need that.     If we had an encounter every time we went into the field it could really be too stressful to deal with.  

A 35ft night vision encounter would rattle me I am pretty sure!  Both at the time and for a while later.  Less than two months ago-  You probably just need to give it some more weeks...

Thanks SWW for your advice and encouragement. I keep thinging about the being hurt part. If they had wanted to hurt us they could have been on us in 2 seconds and there would not have been anything we could do about it. I feel that they were just curious about us. I have already set up another trip for the end of July, I can't stop now after being this close. Still have alot of research to do. Thanks again for your words of encouragement.

anyone have any information re the thread topic? It seems like many people who've had class A encounters can be pretty messed up....nightmares, scared to go back into the woods, etc., etc.,....

Yeah, I got that.  What do you want to know?

May 14, 2013 and the following Memorial Day Saturday has changed me.

Didn't even read any other post besides this first one. 

I haven't been the same since.  I'm better now over a year later, but yeah, it messes with your life.

Never even heard of a Bigfoot in Ohio before then. 

Now my husband says that I think everything that happens around here is a BF. 

I used to not fear anything on our property for years doing the same thing.  Then after some experiences after I saw it, then heard it, and I jump to the conclusion that it's doing stuff that may be natural.  The investigators say that its BF fever.  Fortunately I found the BFF and it has been very helpful to me.

Did it mess me up?  Yes and no.  Yes because I have been festering on it ever since.  No, my life has continued in a forward direction, but yeah, I'm not the same. 

Talked to a guy once said he saw one (as he called it something hairy and no human and no bear). Said after his sighting he couldn't go near a window at night for fear of it being there. Woods didn't bother him. Just windows at night. Something about that he said made him uneasy. Like it was going to reach in and grab him or it's face would just be right there. He said he also could not sit next to a window at night or with his back to one. 

His sighting was in a house. They (him and a friend or two) heard noise outside. Bangs and like a clapping. He looked out the window and nothing. sound happen again. He looked again nothing. Did this a few times. On about the 4th time he looked out it hit the window and looked at him. He said it growled or smiled didn't know which. It just made him hate windows at night. 

Oh man.  That is my worst fear, that I would see one in the window.

Our investigator told us it might be wise to pull the shades at night.  We live in the middle of nowhere and I never had a fear until that until May 2013.  It would just send me over the edge to see one in the window.  I can't even imagine, well I can to some extent, feel what your friend does.  I don't blame him one bit.  I know that they are around close to us, but to see one in the window would just be the end of it for me.  We would have to sell the place and move to downtown Cleveland or Willoughby. 

No, he'll never be the same.  He needs to sell and go urban.  That's the only fix. 

Wicked.  Feel for the guy. 

Edited by Hammer102492

There are many reported sightings by hunters who refuse to go hunting again.   Probably more sightings by hunters that never report them that do.     I think there are two cases of witness reports.    People who do not believe at all in even the possibility of BF who have an encounter and those that witness one who are not sure.      If you are in the first case, and have an encounter, your mind has to deal with the fear if this great big thing,   and completely overhaul your belief system.    Those that are not sure just accept them as real and deal with the fear.    PTSD is aways a possibility when some event instills great fear.      BF sightings can send you right to counseling or maybe should send you.    The problem there is how the counselor deals with it.     If they don't believe then they treat you for something imaginary.     If they do, then they can treat you for fear from a real event.     The first case may do more harm than good.  

As I have said the best BF witness is someone who has seen one before.      They have gotten past the what is it crisis,  know what they are seeing, can look at details of anatomy,  know that since they were not killed the first time, it is unlikely they will be killed the second time, so fear is not as large a factor.  

What you say about a second experience is true with me.  Actually, it would be the third experience I have had if you don't want to count all the other maybe ones.  Having the third experience at Salt Fork with a friend of mine, ( when we felt, heard and saw BF through a night scope and felt that we were surrounded), I kept it cool for awhile until I felt like we were in over our heads and then I texted our researchers to bail us out from the nearby campsite.  It was deep, thick and black and I bailed without running out of there.  The researchers came to our rescue, (maybe my friend didn't want to be rescued, but I was getting in over my head). 

That experience actually made me feel better about what was going on here at home in terms of, yeah, it isn't just here.  In whatever strange way, I got the answer I was looking for with a third experience and it has made me feel more at ease here.  

After that experience I don't know why I would ever want to put myself in that place again.  We were surrounded, with no way out, although I could have run, and if I weren't with my old Army buddy, I would have.  I felt small and vulnerable.  I had eyes on me.  That much I could see.  I felt eyes on my back.  Why anyone would want to do that again, I have no idea.  But I had to do it just to see if it was as real in Salt Fork as it was in Mohican.  Yep!  Got that answer.  Don't EVER want to feel that scared again.  I was reduced to speaking out loud and telling them that we are just peaceful people etc.  Who does that?  My hands were shaking so bad that I could barely text my lifeline to the investigators that were on standby should anything happen. 

Oh yeah, it felt real all over again, but this time I wasn't home and didn't have our house nearby.  If we were in fact surrounded by two or three, as my old Army buddy thought....he saw a half a head, shoulders and arm in his night vision, I was staring at two green lights staring at me the whole time, big branches breaking in front of us, then behind us and it was just so crazy.  It happened approx 15 minutes after we sat down on a path at 0130.  Crazy stuff.  What comes by that close and sounds like something of significant weight breaking branches while walking around you?  Then there are the green eyes that I saw, and then he tells me what he saw in his night scope.  He's Army and doesn't get scared but it lit his 70+ years up.  I called in reinforcements.  When they were coming down the path toward us, our researchers heard a knock.  The scene was neutralized but the green eyes never left me until  we left.  Messed up my friend.  He tells me now that he can't get it out of his mind.  I'm like ha ha, welcome to it.  That's how it is.

All I can say is that if you mess with Bigfoot Ridge at Salt Fork State Park, it will mess with you back.  The insanity continues...

Edited by Hammer102492

Yeah, I have "Night Fever." 

At least I sit out here for hours and listen to what goes on here.  I've done that for years even before BF.  The song came on and I laughed.

Sometimes if you have night fever, you just have to get up and dance.  What else can you do? 

:)

Hammer, I understand how you feel. Your adventure was much more threatening and terrifying than my sighting was from a car for Heaven's sake, yet it has changed me.

I now know absolutely beyond any shadow of a doubt what is living in our woodlands, and since I have joined some BF related websites on Facebook, several BF-DM researchers have contacted me happily telling me stories about the Dogman I saw:( 

Needless to say, the stories were *not* pretty.

Now the thought of hiking, and may God Forbid, camping, terrifies me. One day I had some problems going to the car because it was dark, and we face towards a forested area, and have a Golf Course behind us. There have been sightings of BF in our area, 3 of the reports from local policemen, so I believe them:(

Now I just realize the BF are here, so are we, so I avoid the forest, turn on the outside lights, and run my errands.

Personally, I think that you and your partner are **heroes** because you held it together and got out alive.

Thank you most sincerely for your military service to our country. My older friends got involved in Viet Nam, and now my son is in the army because of 9/11. I wish that we lived in a world where countries could live in peace, but some humans just will not let us do that. It is their way "or else".

America thankfully does well with "or elses" because of men like you.

Thank you.

Edited by SweetSusiq

YIKES!

I just looked up Bigfoot Ridge at Salt Fork State Park,

​I will positively avoid ever going there.

I might think that you won't go back, but since I reared 2 son's, I suspect you will be there this weekend:)

I tend to think that the reaction has much, if not everything, to do with where sasquatch figured in the witness's worldview before the encounter.

The most no-way are the most disturbed, for a pretty logical reason:  they just saw something they knew wasn't real...and they can't deny it anymore.

A number of witnesses treasure their encounters and wish they could see another one.

As to studying the phenomenon:  bigfoot researchers don't have enough time to research bigfoot, let alone do psychology.

Plus 1 to you from me. You, sir, are a wise man:)

Yeah, I have "Night Fever." 

At least I sit out here for hours and listen to what goes on here.  I've done that for years even before BF. 

The contrast between your scary experiences and this coolness makes me laugh. They're out there, sometimes in your backyard, as you know. I think Sasfooty said something about standing your ground and not giving in to fear gets their respect. I bet they like you and the music, enjoy the summer.