How Will The National/world Bf Reveal Occur?

I don't know what to look for to occur about the revealing. Every day I come here as soon as I wake up to see if anything is happening.

I turn on the TV and keep an eye on the news while I'm searching through the forums and topics.

Will we have some lead in about the program for the revelations?

Will it be a national press conference like the Georgia boys had, except this time it's for real?

Will it break on TV news like Fox or CNN by having the participants talk about the discovery?

Will a press release be sent out?

I don't guess we could get Obama to release the news, you think?

The National Press Club in Washington would be perfect, lots of room and seats, and it's all set up for big events like this one, and the TV reporters could be filming and broadcasting live and could show the entire program live as it occurs.

Has anyone set anything up yet?

Plans really should be being made about how to coherently tie all of the evidence together along with the films and pictures to show the World press and the peoples of our world as it's being broadcast live around the world.

It must be presented honestly and convincingly with good DNA results, and what that DNA means.

Maybe Leonard Nimoy will come out of Retirement,:P

:lol: They can play the Original "In search of..." ep with the latest Updates culminating with the News release ;)

edit: emoticons Merged into text

Edited by Krisop

Guest BuzzardEater

They'll find somebody to encapsulate the thing in eight seconds. A single sentence will shape all future encounters and policies.

If the headline is "Mild Forest Folk Discovered Hiding in Woods." We will see one reaction. This will be groundbreaking. Humans have never welcomed "the other". We attack them.

Presenting a warlike public with "the other" invariably results in attack. Any kind of "other." Cheer for the "other" team? Beware! Play for the "other" team? Look out!

"You are with us or against us." No quarter will be given.

Demonizing someone to make them into "the other" is as easy as changing the definition of any isolated feature. Anything will do. Even lifestyle.

Does anyone think they are just like us? Could they fit in? Would you want one to buy the house next door? No? Then they are "the others."

We will attack them.

We will begin by shaping public opinion. "Save the children!" we might sloganeer to address "the dark threat" of "Cannibal Apes" that "feast upon our young."

The lead report will open with "Government sources have confirmed there is a serious threat in our homeland. We have learned that mutant cannibal apes have been preyiing on our children. Statistics show that (insert figure here) children a year disappear from thier homes and are never found. Citizens are asked to co operate with authorities to face this serious threat."

Say that nationally on a network platform and the war is on! It won't matter if there is a viable threat or not. Public perception is all that is needed to authorize any excess. If you are percieved to be correct, you may proceed without limit. They could place a bounty on Bigfoots. One million per ape, ought to do.

The only way to ensure they get any kind of fair treatment at all is to understand them. Someone has to speak on their behalf. Someone has to calm fears. Someone has to explain away appearances.

If they don't communicate, the vacuum will be filled with speculative fiction.

IMO, A study and new footage that only 30% of the public will believe. Then within a month and a half someone will produce a fresh body and the shocking truth will settle in. People will feel threatened on multiple levels.

They're the ultimate lurkers. They're bigger and more powerful than us. They can get right up on us without us knowing it if they have any cover at all. They're bigger, more powerful than most bears, and definitely smarter. They are predators, and they can't be controlled.

The public will realize that the species has kept itself hidden for years. People will be afraid. When the public is afraid, it demands action, even if it is not well thought out. In this case the public will want assurances that it is safe, that the "others" are under control. Every unexplained disappearance will have a new suspect. Every death attributed to animal attack over the years will be questioned. Stories of violent interactions with them will come out of the woodwork.

No matter how many people try to paint them as shy and gentle giants, there will be problems. Human instinct will be to kill or drive them off. A vocal minority will demand that they be given human rights, and lawsuits will tie the hands of the agencies that the public expects to provide protection at the same time that they are receiving nightly reports of hulking shadows in every woodline. People will feel the need to protect themselves. It will take only one violent incident to escalate things. It ain't gonna be purty.

IMO, A study and new footage that only 30% of the public will believe. Then within a month and a half someone will produce a fresh body and the shocking truth will settle in. People will feel threatened on multiple levels.

They're the ultimate lurkers. They're bigger and more powerful than us. They can get right up on us without us knowing it if they have any cover at all. They're bigger, more powerful than most bears, and definitely smarter. They are predators, and they can't be controlled.

The public will realize that the species has kept itself hidden for years. People will be afraid. When the public is afraid, it demands action, even if it is not well thought out. In this case the public will want assurances that it is safe, that the "others" are under control. Every unexplained disappearance will have a new suspect. Every death attributed to animal attack over the years will be questioned. Stories of violent interactions with them will come out of the woodwork.

No matter how many people try to paint them as shy and gentle giants, there will be problems. Human instinct will be to kill or drive them off. A vocal minority will demand that they be given human rights, and lawsuits will tie the hands of the agencies that the public expects to provide protection at the same time that they are receiving nightly reports of hulking shadows in every woodline. People will feel the need to protect themselves. It will take only one violent incident to escalate things. It ain't gonna be purty.

Yep, I call it Bigfoot wars. I wouldn't be surprised if poachers are outed and harassed if not taken out. BF enthusiasts might also be given a hard time by those mortally frightened by them as well. Expect public lands in places to be off limits at night and the list goes on.

Guest StankApe

I really think y'all are going a little over the top here. IF they are proven to exist, the problem still lies in populations. There can't be very many of em, not when compared to bears, wolves, mountain lions, alligators...etc (all the stuff that can and do attack and kill humans). People see giant Grizzly Bears every day yet there aren't people out in force trying to wipe them out. It seems doubtful.

I reckon (if my ability to judge the reactions of the modern american public are still in working order) the folowing will happen:

A) DNA and video convinces scientists to change their tune on Sassy resulting in a press conference with legit people on stage saying as much. The resulting people will make the talk show rounds and morning shows and everyone will smile and be enthusiastic. people at home will go"Hmm! It was real after all huh? and discuss it at work like it's Lindsay Lohans latest escapade. In other words, a casual interest at best.

B)There will be a boost in Bigfoot merchandise and some awful out of nowhere popstar will make a song and accompanying dance called "doin the squatch" or similar. There will be a Bigfoot TV show and Bigfoot sandals and Bigfoot cheap crap everywhere. Still for the public casual interest

c) They find a body and "prove it for real" people will go "I thought they already proved this like a year ago? oh, they needed a body too...umm okay... what's for lunch?"

D)The Greenpeace type groups will rally tens of people to march on different capital buildings and in DC demanding federal protection of all land in Bigfoots range. Occupy Sasquatch has begun

E)Eventually 10,000 acres will be set aside and then Bigfoot will go back to being sighted every once in awhile in fuzzy videos. Some yokel will eventually shoot one and go to jail for 25 years as an example and eventually all poaching will slow to a nothingness (if it ever exists at all due to their elusiveness)

F) finally, it will just settle into the lexicon of modern life. Sasquatch is real. The avg man on the street will have let this happen in his own brain within 6 weeks of first discovery on the news.(if he ever beleives it to begin with)

:-)

SSR Team

I'm at a loss to understand why Larry King is in the title for this Thread.. :D

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I thought they'd replaced him with Britain's slimiest phone-tapper-in-chief? :rolleyes:

BFF Patron

Yah, it should have been Barbara Wawa lol

"Stories of violent interactions with them will come out of the woodwork."

The woodwork is really active than because lots of BF programs have terrifying stories of encounters with this creature, one woman was actually chased down a mountain by one, several other stories are equally as horrible.

Numerous stories abound of encounters where the people were frightened because they did not believe that it existed.

This may end up being a nightmare for all involved.

Perhaps we need to *leave* them *alone*.

But there will be some kind of announcement.

How will this occur?

Can we not ask the people involved ***not to scare the public** half to death?

Come on guys, this is serious.I don't want to see them hunted to extinction. :(

"Stories of violent interactions with them will come out of the woodwork."

The woodwork is really active than because lots of BF programs have terrifying stories of encounters with this creature, one woman was actually chased down a mountain by one, several other stories are equally as horrible.

Numerous stories abound of encounters where the people were frightened because they did not believe that it existed.

This may end up being a nightmare for all involved.

Perhaps we need to *leave* them *alone*.

But there will be some kind of announcement.

How will this occur?

Can we not ask the people involved ***not to scare the public** half to death?

Come on guys, this is serious.I don't want to see them hunted to extinction. :(

What makes you think they will be any easier to find and kill once we have confirmed they exist?

Surprisingly Larry King has produced some shows dealing with phenomena (UFOs, etc.) in the past, and he had important people on, such as astronauts,talking about their UFO encounters.

I believe that he could take the edge off of everyone's fear of these creatures if given the chance.

We need to think this through. I don't want them killed off.

Our believers and BF hunters need to step up somehow, and the time to make plans is now, before, because after may be too late.

What makes you think they will be any easier to find and kill once we have confirmed they exist?

There could be a lot more people from around the world coming here to hunt them.

****These issues need to be addressed in the conference.****

***We should not end up killing them off by revealing them to the world.***

People who can do something(our members) need to be involved and should address these issues, especially during the news releases.

Keep the public calm during and after the revelations and DNA are released.You guys know how to do this. I know that you can be and are involved, and can work this out into the conference to keep people from temporarily freaking out.

Buzzard Eater said:

The only way to ensure they get any kind of fair treatment at all is to understand them. Someone has to speak on their behalf. Someone has to calm fears. Someone has to explain away appearances.

If they don't communicate, the vacuum will be filled with speculative fiction.

Susi says:

This is the issue that needs to be addressed at the news conference.

Where and when will it occur? Will we be alerted?

Have they, or are they, making plans for this calming nerves issue?

Well it's not like the press conference will be done in a frenzied panic. People are going to do what they are going to do... it's not like the people who want to go Bigfoot huntin' are going to change their minds based on what is said in the press conference. There will probably be a big push to hunt them at first and then the novelty will go away and it will level off.

A couple of them will go in after them and never come back and people will decide it's not such a great idea. The thing I don't think will be too cool is if we start capturing them and putting them in zoos. I'm not the least bit concerned about them defending themselves in their homes though.