How Will The National/world Bf Reveal Occur?

Unless there is a body to accompany the release of the DNA report, assuming there is one at this point, I don't think the world will even blink an eye. These rumors have been circulating long enough to make it to mainstream media on a slow news day. Has anyone heard or seen anything on any major network thus far? Nope, wonder why that is? Whatever happens would have to be absolutely indisputable.

Guest Yeti1974

Given today's 24x7 media culture, it will likely be a "breaking news" story, followed by experts on TV for a few days discussing the significance of the finding, sorting through the truth of it, etc. Meldrum's stock will go way up. But people will come to grips with it: "You know, the giant squid wasn't discovered until the late 1800s, and new, large species have been discovered in recent years too, so this isn't totally without precedent."

On the other hand, a BF discovery may get caught up in the evolution/creation wars: What does the skull look like, and how does it compare to fossil hominids? What does the discovery say for evolution? That either may or may not be a big deal from any potential discovery.

IMO, A study and new footage that only 30% of the public will believe. Then within a month and a half someone will produce a fresh body and the shocking truth will settle in. People will feel threatened on multiple levels.

They're the ultimate lurkers. They're bigger and more powerful than us. They can get right up on us without us knowing it if they have any cover at all. They're bigger, more powerful than most bears, and definitely smarter. They are predators, and they can't be controlled.

The public will realize that the species has kept itself hidden for years. People will be afraid. When the public is afraid, it demands action, even if it is not well thought out. In this case the public will want assurances that it is safe, that the "others" are under control. Every unexplained disappearance will have a new suspect. Every death attributed to animal attack over the years will be questioned. Stories of violent interactions with them will come out of the woodwork.

No matter how many people try to paint them as shy and gentle giants, there will be problems. Human instinct will be to kill or drive them off. A vocal minority will demand that they be given human rights, and lawsuits will tie the hands of the agencies that the public expects to provide protection at the same time that they are receiving nightly reports of hulking shadows in every woodline. People will feel the need to protect themselves. It will take only one violent incident to escalate things. It ain't gonna be purty.

That is my deepest fear!

All of this needs to be addressed at the news release. Calm fears.

This is why the gov will not admit UFOs are real. The general public would probably freak out, understandably so.Bigfoot and UFOs.

Can you even imagine the terror some people will feel when everything they thought was a joke isn't?

Whatever happened to Santa and his elves?

They'll find somebody to encapsulate the thing in eight seconds. A single sentence will shape all future encounters and policies.

If the headline is "Mild Forest Folk Discovered Hiding in Woods." We will see one reaction. This will be groundbreaking. Humans have never welcomed "the other". We attack them.

Presenting a warlike public with "the other" invariably results in attack. Any kind of "other." Cheer for the "other" team? Beware! Play for the "other" team? Look out!

"You are with us or against us." No quarter will be given.

Demonizing someone to make them into "the other" is as easy as changing the definition of any isolated feature. Anything will do. Even lifestyle.

Does anyone think they are just like us? Could they fit in? Would you want one to buy the house next door? No? Then they are "the others."

We will attack them.

We will begin by shaping public opinion. "Save the children!" we might sloganeer to address "the dark threat" of "Cannibal Apes" that "feast upon our young."

The lead report will open with "Government sources have confirmed there is a serious threat in our homeland. We have learned that mutant cannibal apes have been preyiing on our children. Statistics show that (insert figure here) children a year disappear from thier homes and are never found. Citizens are asked to co operate with authorities to face this serious threat."

Say that nationally on a network platform and the war is on! It won't matter if there is a viable threat or not. Public perception is all that is needed to authorize any excess. If you are percieved to be correct, you may proceed without limit. They could place a bounty on Bigfoots. One million per ape, ought to do.

The only way to ensure they get any kind of fair treatment at all is to understand them. Someone has to speak on their behalf. Someone has to calm fears. Someone has to explain away appearances.

If they don't communicate, the vacuum will be filled with speculative fiction.

That makes it our place to make sure that does not happen.

We have members here who are deeply involved reading these topics, and hopefully getting some ideas about how to present this to keep people from:

1. Panicking

2. Buying guns to shoot one when they have never been into the woods and are not trained hunters.

3. Moving to an island somewhere.

Santa and his elves?

They have been investigated and deemed only to exist in the hearts of the young and innocent, where it truly belongs. :wub:

SSR Team

IMO, A study and new footage that only 30% of the public will believe. Then within a month and a half someone will produce a fresh body and the shocking truth will settle in. People will feel threatened on multiple levels.

They're the ultimate lurkers. They're bigger and more powerful than us. They can get right up on us without us knowing it if they have any cover at all. They're bigger, more powerful than most bears, and definitely smarter. They are predators, and they can't be controlled.

The public will realize that the species has kept itself hidden for years. People will be afraid. When the public is afraid, it demands action, even if it is not well thought out. In this case the public will want assurances that it is safe, that the "others" are under control. Every unexplained disappearance will have a new suspect. Every death attributed to animal attack over the years will be questioned. Stories of violent interactions with them will come out of the woodwork.

No matter how many people try to paint them as shy and gentle giants, there will be problems. Human instinct will be to kill or drive them off. A vocal minority will demand that they be given human rights, and lawsuits will tie the hands of the agencies that the public expects to provide protection at the same time that they are receiving nightly reports of hulking shadows in every woodline. People will feel the need to protect themselves. It will take only one violent incident to escalate things. It ain't gonna be purty.

& do you know what the bets thing about it all is for me JDL & i say this because i believe a lot of what you wrote will be close to the truth ??

The best part for me will be when the smirk gets knocked square off the face of so many ( not skeptics on this Site, i don't mean them ) who have the ignorant & arrogant belief that the Human Race is the be all & end all where the natural world is concerned when the existence of this Animal, will clearly prove that we're not..

Given today's 24x7 media culture, it will likely be a "breaking news" story, followed by experts on TV for a few days discussing the significance of the finding, sorting through the truth of it, etc. Meldrum's stock will go way up. But people will come to grips with it: "You know, the giant squid wasn't discovered until the late 1800s, and new, large species have been discovered in recent years too, so this isn't totally without precedent."

On the other hand, a BF discovery may get caught up in the evolution/creation wars: What does the skull look like, and how does it compare to fossil hominids? What does the discovery say for evolution? That either may or may not be a big deal from any potential discovery.

I prefer that kind of discussion to people being fearful and buying weapons to defend themselves with when they don't know what they are doing. That can lead to all kinds of problems, However, on a bright note, home robberies may decline significantly! :blink:

BFF Patron

Just like the archived newspaper reports of the 19th c. there will be a few pitchfork and torches efforts to drag the body in and such organized efforts may occasionally raise their ugly head more often. Believe what Jodie says, hardly the blink of an eye otherwise.

If General can produce a viable tissue sample of significance it might stimulate more efforts to document more of the ethnological and cultural/physical anthropology. If the dna and morphology flops, it's back to square one.

SSR Team

Just like the archived newspaper reports of the 19th c. there will be a few pitchfork and torches efforts to drag the body in and such organized efforts may occasionally raise their ugly head more often. Believe what Jodie says, hardly the blink of an eye otherwise.

If General can produce a viable tissue sample of significance it might stimulate more efforts to document more of the ethnological and cultural/physical anthropology. If the dna and morphology flops, it's back to square one.

Granted there has never been any Goverment funded Expeditions for these Animal's nor any real multi Million Dollar Expeditions but i personally still don't believe it will be any easier to get footage, a body or anything where these Animal's are concerned like the previous x amount of Years where we haven't.

I honestly believe that we're way off in our mindset where these Animal's are concerned & i believe they must have evolved so well over time where camouflage in their own environment is concerned that we're nowhere near them & only have any kind of contact when they slip up, not when we force the issue, but when they slip up for whatever reason be it being in a Meadow in the Sierra's exposed when a Car pulls round the corner with a couple of Bear Hunters in it or being on a Creek Be in Northern California when two Cowboy's ride in on a Horse with a Video Recorder..

It's their mistakes that give us our moments, it's very, very rarely us forcing the issue & dictating things.

If I was a betting man, I would guess the big "reveal" won't happen. The project is a total cluster- you- know-what. I would bet on finger pointing and lawsuits over a "reveal".

& do you know what the bets thing about it all is for me JDL & i say this because i believe a lot of what you wrote will be close to the truth ??

The best part for me will be when the smirk gets knocked square off the face of so many ( not skeptics on this Site, i don't mean them ) who have the ignorant & arrogant belief that the Human Race is the be all & end all where the natural world is concerned when the existence of this Animal, will clearly prove that we're not..

Then, Perhaps, my hubby will finally believe.It's hard believing and trying to discuss these issues when he says "They absolutely do not exist." :( So he ignores any conversation about them whatsoever.

I wonder how he will react? I still think that he will not believe.

He told me this morning that: "Human DNA is everywhere". "The samples were contaminated"."BF does not exist", and he left for work.. :(

If I was a betting man, I would guess the big "reveal" won't happen. The project is a total cluster- you- know-what. I would bet on finger pointing and lawsuits over a "reveal".

Why do you believe that? They do have DNA, of course, as hubby said this morning, human DNA is everywhere. :rolleyes:

But they have BF body parts and pieces, which should result in true deep tissue DNA results, I hope.

BFF Patron

So, when's the big reveal Ed? Let's really get this party going! :blink:

BFF Patron

Thanks for the courtesy of a reply. Good luck! :)