How Will The National/world Bf Reveal Occur?

I thought 2011 was dubbed the "year of the Sasquatch". There are 45 or so days left. The sands are running out quickly.

Edited by Hoosierfoot

Guest KentuckyApeman

I think if some DNA is finally acquired and deemed 100%, the news will trickle out slowly. But if there is something more dramatic, like a body or bones(which will capture publics attention), then you will see the big media blitz. People want to see something that is real.

And as for there being a massive 'big game hunt' for Sasquatch, I don't think so. If it can be identified as a genuine existing creature, it will be immediately placed on the endangered species list.

Most timely thread I have seen in a long long time.

Thank you!

How will the reveal occur?

National news conference with press releases?

Ed, Truly, That much longer?

Why? I'm devastated.I keep waiting and hearing "we're close" then *nothing* happens.

Guest StankApe

I think everyone on here needs to remember something. The general public isn't as interested in Bigfoot as the people on here are. If you base you assumptions of their reaction to the emotions of your own reaction (just in the opposite direction) then you aren't being realistic. If they decided to get rid off the NHL tomorrow I would be like " wow! no more hockey huh? that's odd... oh well" cuz i don't watch hockey. But for millions of hockey fans it would be devastating. Bigfoot confirmations would mean quite a lot to us, hence it would be fairly emotional. To the general public it will be an interesting moment in their day.... hardly some big panic.

I think everyone on here needs to remember something. The general public isn't as interested in Bigfoot as the people on here are. If you base you assumptions of their reaction to the emotions of your own reaction (just in the opposite direction) then you aren't being realistic. If they decided to get rid off the NHL tomorrow I would be like " wow! no more hockey huh? that's odd... oh well" cuz i don't watch hockey. But for millions of hockey fans it would be devastating. Bigfoot confirmations would mean quite a lot to us, hence it would be fairly emotional. To the general public it will be an interesting moment in their day.... hardly some big panic.

I completely agree with this. And the last thing you have to worry about it people racing out there to kill a bigfoot. Good luck with that. Most guys I know try as hard as they can, and can't even successfully bag a deer. On top of that, if you seriously think each State Game and Fish Department would allow even one to be shot, you're just worrying about things because you like to stress out. If they are discovered, and taken seriously, and there is a clamoring for a type specimen, it's not going to be open season. The taking of one would be extremely controlled. It going to be a lot less fantastic then your imagining.

Guest slimwitless

I don't know. There was quite a media frenzy (if you were paying attention) surrounding the recent study suggesting microbes in Mono Lake were capable of incorporating arsenic into their biochemistry.

Here's something about the aftermath of that particular revelation that seems relevant to this discussion: http://biologyrefugia.blogspot.com/2011/10/afterword-on-arsenic-life-affair.html

Guest StankApe

The media frenzy couldn't have been too rabid, cuz i didn't hear about it.... The scientific community (the biology side of things anyway) will be excited, but the general public will be only mildly interested

The media frenzy couldn't have been too rabid, cuz i didn't hear about it.... The scientific community (the biology side of things anyway) will be excited, but the general public will be only mildly interested

You didn't hear about it? It was right after Kim Kardashian's divorce announcement.

Gentlemen, Thank you!

I live with reasonable rational educated hunters, but I grew up and lived in Alabama over half my life.

I've met some hunters that will and would shoot anything they wished to kill.

BF could be a dream shot and if everyone knows that it's really real then I suspect some yahoos will want to bag one, but that is just my humble opinion due to being reared mostly in Birmingham Alabama and having personally met some of them. :blush: Crazy doesn't even come close.

Gentlemen, Thank you!

I live with reasonable rational educated hunters, but I grew up and lived in Alabama over half my life.

I've met some hunters that will and would shoot anything they wished to kill.

BF could be a dream shot and if everyone knows that it's really real then I suspect some yahoos will want to bag one, but that is just my humble opinion due to being reared mostly in Birmingham Alabama and having personally met some of them. :blush: Crazy doesn't even come close.

I understand your fears. That's why it would be very important for these beings to be acknowledged, defined, and then immediately protected. If these "hunters" do that after protections are in place, then they should be prosecuted as poachers (possibly murderers) of the highest order. Their time to bag one may be running out, so if they are looking at cashing in, they probably better get busy trying to get a buzzer beater squatch.

Guest StankApe

I live in Mississippi and there are hunters among my friends and I would classify them as being good people who are even MORE interested in proper wildlife and game management than the avg citizen.

There's always going to be idiots in everything. The dummies who spotlight from a moving vehicle or poach in offseasons and such aren't really hunters, they are buffoons. Don't paint with so wide a brush.

Guest slimwitless

I'm not sure about that. Finding Bigfoot is one of Animal Planet's biggest shows. I was trying to point out Bigfoot is more popular than Mono Lake microbes and yet said microbes made a small splash (again, if you were paying attention). You heard about the neutrino thing, right?

You didn't hear about it? It was right after Kim Kardashian's divorce announcement.

That's ironic because aside from a few mug shots and hearing the name, I have no idea who Kim Kardashian is or why she's famous.

Guest StankApe

Of course I know about the neutrino thing, but that's because I follow astrophysics. The avg person (I mean the 290 million other people who don't follow astrophysics) heard about it (if they even heard about it) and thought..."hmm that's interesting.." and went and got a bran muffin. When the crazies were ranting that CERN would create mini black holes and destroy the planet, the masses hardly even noticed.

I expect a similar reaction from the public in this case as well. Mild interest, followed by apathy.

Guest slimwitless

That's fine. If you followed astrobiology you would have seen the story. The Mono Lake microbes were revealed in a NASA press conference. But you're right, people are (by and large) pretty apathetic. If the discovery of another bipedal hominoid living in North America (if that's what happens) doesn't spark interest, I honestly can't think of another scientific discovery that could. Maybe something that leads to a thinner iPhone?

I live in Mississippi and there are hunters among my friends and I would classify them as being good people who are even MORE interested in proper wildlife and game management than the avg citizen.

There's always going to be idiots in everything. The dummies who spotlight from a moving vehicle or poach in offseasons and such aren't really hunters, they are buffoons. Don't paint with so wide a brush.

S.A., I was careful to say that I've met some bad irresponsible guys in my young adulthood, but the few hunters that I know at this time, and those whom are members of my immediate and extended family, are law abiding citizens and hunters.

I'm not painting everyone with the same brush at all.

I respect the hunters I know, and the people here because they so clearly show their respect for wildlife and they are skillful hunters.

We don't have Yahoos here that I know about or heard about, we have decent respectable educated hunters who care about following rules are the ones I know.

I was remembering some silly stuff from my youth. :blush: