How Will The National/world Bf Reveal Occur?

Thank you!How will the reveal occur?National news conference with press releases?Ed, Truly, That much longer?Why? I'm devastated.I keep waiting and hearing "we're close" then *nothing* happens.

The Wicked Witch of the West said: These things must be handled delicately or you spoil the spell.

as much as I personally would like to get this over with as I have other interests to address be for I'm Fifty. There are two fronts that we have to consider the first is our original goal to do a documentary as accurately as we can. The second front which we did not expect is the effort of our testing of possible evidence that needs to be reported and transmitted pending the event. None of us in our group are lifetime BF Researchers there is and end and it is coming.

To the general public it will be an interesting moment in their day.... hardly some big panic.

That is almost the same thing our PR Firm said: LOL

That's fine. If you followed astrobiology you would have seen the story. The Mono Lake microbes were revealed in a NASA press conference. But you're right, people are (by and large) pretty apathetic. If the discovery of another bipedal hominoid living in North America (if that's what happens) doesn't spark interest, I honestly can't think of another scientific discovery that could. Maybe something that leads to a thinner iPhone?

There ya go, The average joe might catch it on the news and give his BF fan buddy a high five, but it's back to work the next day and that thinner iPhone makes a bigger difference in his life.

Atleast until the lumber company finds an excuse to charge more for a 2x4.

I think after the announcement, Joe Public will be stunned. Like telling him fairies are real. He will google BF on his Iproduct. There, he will find out that BF is his near neighbor and that he ain't Mr. Rogers. Buy stock in companies selling or installing burglar alarms, floodlights, security doodads, and the new BigShock Megataser.

And the big reveal? Hint: the first squatch words we hear will be "Live from New York, it's Saturday Night!"

I really don't think there will be a huge reaction at all.

IF there is a DNA reveal, the ensuing scientific debate about its authenticity will soon bore the general public.

Special interest groups may try to hi-jack the discovery for their own ends, but I doubt there will be any hysteria

I don't guess we could get Obama to release the news, you think?

Only if he states that it will be the policy of the United States to not allow them to acquire nuclear weapons.

SSR Team

Speaking only for our operation. Late 2012.

What Plans do you have if any Ed if the " big reveal " happens before late 2012 ??

Do you Guys have any plans to just get some State recognition & get the Animal acknowledged by your State & maybe Habitat put aside for them or something like that ??

The reason i ask is that it seems to me to be a few people " running in the race " but like any race, you can only have one winner..

I just don't want to see the other participants, if they're straight, dissappear.. :)

Edited by BobbyO

SSR Team

I'm not sure about that. Finding Bigfoot is one of Animal Planet's biggest shows.

Is that right slim yeah, audience wise do you mean ??

Guest StankApe

Seriously , go back tp the first page of this thread and read my breakdown of how I think it'll go down, and I would bet half my nethers that I'm at least 75%-85% correct.

IMO, A study and new footage that only 30% of the public will believe. Then within a month and a half someone will produce a fresh body and the shocking truth will settle in. People will feel threatened on multiple levels.

They're the ultimate lurkers. They're bigger and more powerful than us. They can get right up on us without us knowing it if they have any cover at all. They're bigger, more powerful than most bears, and definitely smarter. They are predators, and they can't be controlled.

The public will realize that the species has kept itself hidden for years. People will be afraid. When the public is afraid, it demands action, even if it is not well thought out. In this case the public will want assurances that it is safe, that the "others" are under control. Every unexplained disappearance will have a new suspect. Every death attributed to animal attack over the years will be questioned. Stories of violent interactions with them will come out of the woodwork.

No matter how many people try to paint them as shy and gentle giants, there will be problems. Human instinct will be to kill or drive them off. A vocal minority will demand that they be given human rights, and lawsuits will tie the hands of the agencies that the public expects to provide protection at the same time that they are receiving nightly reports of hulking shadows in every woodline. People will feel the need to protect themselves. It will take only one violent incident to escalate things. It ain't gonna be purty.

HODS said:

Yep, I call it Bigfoot wars. I wouldn't be surprised if poachers are outed and harassed if not taken out. BF enthusiasts might also be given a hard time by those mortally frightened by them as well. Expect public lands in places to be off limits at night and the list goes on.

Susi thinks:

This is what I think will happen. Habitat areas around the species'specific known areas may be made off limits.

Hikers and campers will think twice about where to go hiking, and may consider carrying a rather large side arm if legal or even if not legal.

Some hunters will not stop searching until they bag one.

Camping with kids may decrease for a while, but with time people will realize that seeing BF is less likely than seeing a snake.

When the UFO group did a National Press Club Conference, it was covered by TV cameras, and shown live on and off during the day.

Nothing happened. Life went on. People still don't believe because the government did not make the announcement.

The same thing could happen here.

Speaking only for our operation. Late 2012.

Why will it take that long for your efforts to be revealed?

Do you have lots of DNA evidence and pictures?

My dad had hoped to live long enough to hear BF verified, now I'm in his same shoes because I'm hoping that I live long enough to see the day when BF is revealed to the world. :blob:

I think we'll be able to guage things from media portrayals of bigfoot.

For example, Jack Links commercials are popular, and will likely popularize the concept of Messin' with Sasquatch (I picture legions of frat boys combing the woods, looking for the chance).

This will have interesting consequences.

The interesting consequences will have an impact on future media portrayals.

It's a feedback loop.

What Plans do you have if any Ed if the " big reveal " happens before late 2012 ??

Short answer is yes we do.

Do you Guys have any plans to just get some State recognition & get the Animal acknowledged by your State & maybe Habitat put aside for them or something like that ??

We have made some inroads and state level contacts. The Habitat issue is in an outer orbit and has not been considered

The reason i ask is that it seems to me to be a few people " running in the race " but like any race, you can only have one winner..

There are actually several races to be won in the field but our focus is the data and an living specimen(s).

I just don't want to see the other participants, if they're straight, dissappear.. :)

Our groups only focus is on our work if they disappear then it is on them and no other group or individual.

Do you have lots of DNA evidence and pictures?

Some of our work is posted in another forum I believe you’re a member there.

BBF members- My only take is that the revealing will not be through the Erickson footages but a documentry by the folks that did the peer review. My guess is that they are in a holding pattern awaiting the "other lab " work being done and in the mean time producing some sort of public service announcement. IMHO opinion, if this DNA report was for not then it would have been kicked out by now. I am still very hopefull. ptangier