Erickson Project

My understanding is that EP is in a holding pattern pending the all-important verification (if any is forthcoming) of the Ketchum findings, which are supposed to be the buttress for the authenticity of the videos taken.

Guest TexasTracker

After seeking editing help in Hollywood, what are your thoughts on his intentions. I do understand he needs to re-coop quite a bit of money.

Do you think he's leaning towards a documentary for television or attempting some type of release on the big screens??

Guest OntarioSquatch

There are rumors that his videos of bigfoot are much better than the PGF. I have no idea how true these rumors are, but apparently all will be known as soon as Dr. Ketchum's findings have been made public.

After seeking editing help in Hollywood, what are your thoughts on his intentions. I do understand he needs to re-coop quite a bit of money.

Do you think he's leaning towards a documentary for television or attempting some type of release on the big screens??

I don't know. I've heard the same rumors that he's pushing ahead with prepping his footage for some sort of commercial release, which would make sense if he's sunk a bunch of cash into it. There was a rumor going around back when the Project's site went dark for a bit of financial troubles and such, but I don't know what ever came of that.

I've also heard that some very respected (at least by most non-Skeptics) researchers have seen some or all of the EP videos privately and were less than impressed.

Take all that with a small mine of salt. The EP has been so secretive (almost as bad as Ketchum) that no one really knows as much as they think they know (IMO).

Guest Transformer

I find it funny that Erickson being Canadian would want to go to Hollywood when Vancouver, BC, Canada which is much closer to his home has everything he needs and could get in Hollywood. Hollywood is not the be all and end all for film or video or special FX anymore nor has it been for a few years and anybody in the business could tell him that. The general public still thinks Hollywood is the place so I am more inclined to think this is just another rumor.

^I don't think he's looking for FX help so much as editing and distribution help. At least that's what I've been hearing.

Guest TexasTracker

Mulder,

That's basically what I heard, his version looked unfinished and that some professional editing was needed. I thought part of his promotions (back when the website was up) included a few prominent scientists praising the footage....

Guess it's all just speculation.

^I've heard it both ways.

As for the Hollywood thing, Canada has a lot of studios and studio annexes there that work closely with US studios and firms (up until recently, a favorable exchange rate and generous tax laws and regulations was why). So it wouldn't surprise me if he did turn to a Hollywood studio for help with the "finishing steps".

As for endorsements vs non-endorsements...as I said, I hear it both ways.

Guest jimmy simpson

I am of the opinion that erickson has always had a bigfoot fetish, and bought the land that this footage was apparantly taken on during a global boom. He is a real estate agent , didnt think that purchasing the land in the states could possibly be a bad idea, and would , as a side effect, impress other big foot enthusiests with his purchase. Well the economy tanked, his bigfoot land value plummeted, his canadian regal ridge project also began having problems. I beleive the real estate ventures were his main thing, and even very likely when other possible investors or financers found out he was involved in "bigfoot research"... they suddenly saw him as a liability. Lets face it, if you think sticking up for bigfoot and spending huge dollars on land where it is reported to exist isnt going to get you some wierd looks, you dont have both feet in reality.

I think his original connection with Todd Standing, and "Outstanding Productions" for his regal ridge commercials, didnt sit well in the bigfoot community and now the whole hollywood thing is a rumour started simply to draw attention away from his former, or who knows, maybe even current, relation ship with Todd Standing. I dont think Adrian Erickson really knew as much about bigfoot or the research community as he would like us all to think he does.... anyone who wants to be taken seriously , and who is truly familiar with the community, would never even come close to being associated with todd standing..

This all leads me to beleive, sadly, that this whole project is a dud. I hope im wrong.... but i dont think i am.

Edited by jimmy simpson

After catching up on the Erikson details, sadly, I must agree. Exceptional footage shouldn't need fancy editing from Hollywood or even hair to support it. It should stand alone. And to the public, it has to.

Staling the release of the footage to edit brings the phrase 'polishing a turd' to mind.

Guest Nalajr

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't this man Erickson a business man? Meaning that he wasn't born a gazillionaire with money left to him from his family, Is that right?

If so it appears to me that he is looking for ways to recoup his expenditures and hopefully MAKE some money off of this after all the outlays of cash he has given. Nothing at all wrong with that. Why else would he go to Hollywood? As said earlier there are NUMEROUS facilities all through Canada that are darn near as good at movie making as Hollywood is. LOTSA movies made up there in the Great White North. All of his actions, if as presented are true, tells me that he is going to do whatever he can to make some money off of HIS property whether or not this "paper" ever gets published or posted on a website one day.

To get people to PAY for a ticket to see it, it better have some VERY GOOD stuff on it. Have you been to the movies lately and seen the prices? I have and it's INSANE! I don't see many people paying $12 or $15 to get in to see some video footage of a BLOBSquatch creeping around in the grass. To attract people it is going to have to be literally BLOCKBUSTER stuff. In all honesty, I **** sure HOPE it is for HIS sake. He needs to recoup his money.

Nalajr