Thoughts As To Why Bigfoot Isn't Caught On Game Cams

Spader

Why did the game cam take a photof of nothing? How did something get so close to the game cam before it took the pic that you ended up with a blob? I know you made a general statement that the technology wasn't reliable, but what makes it unreliable? If we don't understand that, it's hard to figure out why we don't have pictures of bigfoot without falling back on "It's rare or it doesn't exist". Don't we need to understand the limitations of the equipment first?

Guest Cervelo

I don't build or understand how they work and don't care to. I am just relating my experience with them. If your looking for a pissing contest you got the wrong guy :)

All good questions if it's that important to you go figure it out for yourself! Fall back? That's pretty funny, there's "nothing" to defend. I only have one question were the PJs footies? :)

I hate to bring it up again, because I have else-where, but I suspect one of the reasons there aren't more pictures, or any at all, is that plenty of cameras are being deployed in places where there ARE NO sasquatch present.

Secondary to that, camera placement is typically in places and ways that completely put the camera in exposed means. My group's experiences tend to suggest they don't follow paths or trails like you and I would out of common sense. We don't understand the creatures themselves well enough, which again suggests they're way smarter than you wish they were.

Guest Cervelo

Its obvious from my experience and others that animals can detect something about the game camera. Deer are fascinated by them at least from the pictures I've taken. Does biggie avoid them just as other wary animals avoid traps because there something different in there environment sure I'll buy into that. Does biggie know what a camera does not IMO unless a camera kills them I don't see how they would understand what it does. The theory that biggie zaps them with emf is rediculous! As far as outsmarting the average human in the woods your giving biggie way to much credit!!

As far as outsmarting the average human in the woods your giving biggie way to much credit!!

Having now completed my 6th year in an area where they frequent and I had my sighting 2 years ago, I can say without fear they are way underestimated.

No one suggested (at least not me) that they understand what cameras are or do.

I too have had deer, in the middle of a day, pass by an passive IR based game cam, walk up to one 8 - 10' up in a tree, stop, stare directly up into it, then move on.

Do I understand that? No. Do I understand why there are no good bigfoot game cam pictures? No. Non-the-less, they are real, despite my lack of understanding.

Its obvious from my experience and others that animals can detect something about the game camera. Deer are fascinated by them at least from the pictures I've taken. Does biggie avoid them just as other wary animals avoid traps because there something different in there environment sure I'll buy into that. Does biggie know what a camera does not IMO unless a camera kills them I don't see how they would understand what it does. The theory that biggie zaps them with emf is rediculous! As far as outsmarting the average human in the woods your giving biggie way to much credit!!

How do you know it's ridiculous if you haven't demonstrated that you understand what EMF is, appropriate ranges for different objects/ creatures, and how game cam triggers operate? Do you know enough about these things to make this declarative statement? Since I don't know, I will be looking into these things instead of dismissing them out of hand and taking someone's word for it on the internet.

Guest StankApe

I have dismissed it out of hand as no animal is known to control and/or focus it's EMF. I can't possibly see why that would evolve as a weapon. It's one thing to have fish using electricity it to kill prey, something else for a mammal to do it. It seems evolutionarily unlikely.

Edited by StankApe

Guest Cervelo

Jodie,

It's just my opinion and my experience! I don't have to prove anything (man this feels good I had no idea thanks Sasfooty) enjoy your research! :)

PS

Yes I can be dismissive that's how I make decisions!

Edited by Cervelo

Guest StankApe

Jodie,

It's just my opinion and my experience! I don't have to prove anything (man this feels good I had know idea thanks Sasfooty) enjoy your research! :)

PS

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Cervelo

GuyInIndiana,

I have no doubt that bigfoot is smart. My point was most humans are very easy to avoid in the woods. All you have to do is what most wildlife does shut up and stand still and most people will just walk by. My experience turkey hunting would indicate throw on a little camo and other hunters will walk by almost close enough to touch. I would love to hear more about your encounters and will do my best to harness my dismissive tendencies. One of my core issues with biggie is the volume of food an animal that size would have to consume and still have time for a social life with us as well as taking the hard road for travel just to avoid something that by this time he certainly knows is no physical threat to him. On one hand hes way back in the woods, yet smoking cigs in someones backyard, avoids us at all cost, but seeks out our company, no fire but knows what a camera does....sorry in the words of Dr Spock "it's illogical" oops there I go again getting all dismissive :)

On one hand hes way back in the woods, yet smoking cigs in someones backyard, avoids us at all cost, but seeks out our company, no fire but knows what a camera does....sorry in the words of Dr Spock "it's illogical" oops there I go again getting all dismissive :)

I can only guess that as long as you accept and mix in your beliefs about them, the absurd such as I bolded above, I can easily see why you find some things illogical. Separate the wheat from the chaff. It'll begin to make much more sense.

I have dismissed it out of hand as no animal is known to control and/or focus it's EMF. I can't possibly see why that would evolve as a weapon. It's one thing to have fish using electricity it to kill prey, something else for a mammal to do it. It seems evolutionarily unlikely.

I'm not talking about willful control. I just read this today since no one would answer, or could answer, my question. It seems the PIR is set for 8-14mu. The signal on that range gets interpreted into a binary code that signals the trigger. If a critter or creature was outside that range it would not set off the camera. If I misunderstood what I read, someone feel free to set me straight.

Jodie,

It's just my opinion and my experience! I don't have to prove anything (man this feels good I had no idea thanks Sasfooty) enjoy your research! :)

PS

Well I guess I mistook you for someone who actually knew what they were talking about. I beg your pardon.

Does EMF mean electomagnetic field? I'm not sure a nonauatic species can evolve that into a terribly useful feature. I believe the field makes use of the water to propagate itself beyond the animal's body and even then is only useful over a small range. It's usually used for sensing the local environment and evolved in a lot of species of fish but also in crocodilians (I think) and platypus (for sure). These are all aquatic animals. I don't know of any land animal that uses electric fields for sensing anything, much less cameras. Most likely the bigfoot can hear the sounds of the camera and/or see the infrared. Being a largely nocturnal animal it probably has some heightened senses but probably nothing truly amazing. Especially so if they are closely related to humans. Evolution of novel features takes time.

Does EMF mean electomagnetic field? I'm not sure a nonauatic species can evolve that into a terribly useful feature. I believe the field makes use of the water to propagate itself beyond the animal's body and even then is only useful over a small range. It's usually used for sensing the local environment and evolved in a lot of species of fish but also in crocodilians (I think) and platypus (for sure). These are all aquatic animals. I don't know of any land animal that uses electric fields for sensing anything, much less cameras. Most likely the bigfoot can hear the sounds of the camera and/or see the infrared. Being a largely nocturnal animal it probably has some heightened senses but probably nothing truly amazing. Especially so if they are closely related to humans. Evolution of novel features takes time.

Every living thing and inanimate object has an electromagnetic field. I think some of you are getting that confused with the critters that zap you like electric eels and such. I'm just talking about what is naturally there in everything to varying degrees.