Do You Really Want To Encounter Bf?

georgerm

Are those who never heard about BF and others who refuse to listen and believe the facts in a special category? Are they heading for a rude awakening in the woods if they are ever lucky enough to meet a BF?

Will their peace in the woods shatter during an encounter?

Are these the ones who then suffer from post stress syndrome?

We who study and search for BF; are we going to be able to enjoy and or withstand the stress during an encounter? Are we going to be able to take the right actions if the encounter goes bad? What do you think happens when an encounter goes bad? List 10 possibilities.

The first thing that came to my mind was being torn apart, limb to limb, and in pieces by an angry BF whom we accidentally surprised, or who was protecting his/her young.

Probably another scenario would be humans hurting themselves while fleeing from an unexpected encounter. :blush: That would be me...probably.

Guest TexasTracker

I think those of us looking for a squatch may be "in the right frame of mind" for a sighting.

Who can say how you'd handle a bluff charge or intimidation behavior. I'd speculate that most of us would crap our pants if we were to find ourselves on the receiving end of such activity.

Most of us are probably "hopeful" of an encounter to a given level, such as knocks, whoops, or foot falls. Beyond that, I'm sure we all have varying comfort levels.

It IS thrill-seeking, at least it is for me.

Edited by TexasTracker
remove profanity

I'd love it more than anything I can think of!!! How fantastic would that be?

I've been mock charged by elephants many times. You're not 100% sure it's a mock charge until it's over. I've had lions prowling the other side of the mosquito mesh of my tent. I've had a huge bull elephant browse for an hour on the tree that I was camping under, and put it's trunk up to the mesh of my tent to sniff me. I've sat down six inches from a puff adder. Scared? Who, me?

Of course I was. Scared witless. Momentarily... Then you get a grip, and take in the incredible experience and enjoy it for what it is: something truly wonderful. Surely it would be exactly the same with a sasquatch encounter?

Mike

Guest 12345dvf

I dream of encountring a bf i go throgh times i feel like giveing up and throwing all the maps,note books that i have spent hours filling with bf infoin the garbage but i always come back because i know deep down in my heart that if i try ill see a bf or at leaet find something like a foot print that could reassure that what im searching for is still there.

If i was charged by an agressive i have faith that i would either stand my ground or dive out of the way it ould all depend on the situataition that led up too the charge

I gotta say that this is an awesome question to ponder. The sight of one changes lives. Sometimes it ruins lives. WHY do you want to see one is another crucial question to ask yourself,

Do I want to see one? I already did, and I want to see one again because they are so cool. So interesting. But why? Maybe because they are another kind of man, another species close to us, our cousins. I want to reach out to them. We are family. We belong together.

But you can't see them, so I take pictures.

(I wonder if our shrieking and running away hurts their feelings sometimes.)

Guest Yeti1974

I'd love it more than anything I can think of!!! How fantastic would that be?

I've been mock charged by elephants many times. You're not 100% sure it's a mock charge until it's over. I've had lions prowling the other side of the mosquito mesh of my tent. I've had a huge bull elephant browse for an hour on the tree that I was camping under, and put it's trunk up to the mesh of my tent to sniff me. I've sat down six inches from a puff adder. Scared? Who, me?

Of course I was. Scared witless. Momentarily... Then you get a grip, and take in the incredible experience and enjoy it for what it is: something truly wonderful. Surely it would be exactly the same with a sasquatch encounter?

Mike

YOU'RE INDIANA JONES!

Edited by Yeti1974

Guest COGrizzly

I'd like to see a specimen for science.

..dead or alive.

I think if I saw one, I'd want it to be a FOR SURE sighting. As long as I was not in danger.

I gotta say that this is an awesome question to ponder. The sight of one changes lives. Sometimes it ruins lives. WHY do you want to see one is another crucial question to ask yourself,

Do I want to see one? I already did, and I want to see one again because they are so cool. So interesting. But why? Maybe because they are another kind of man, another species close to us, our cousins. I want to reach out to them. We are family. We belong together.

But you can't see them, so I take pictures.

(I wonder if our shrieking and running away hurts their feelings sometimes.)

I agree. They seem to be a type of human, and if we could get close to them it would be great. Very few people have hung out with BFs and once they accept a person, the meeting would be interesting. Has anyone heard about the trapper in British Columbia that hangs out with the BFs?

On the other hand, a hostile encounter would be stressful if not deadly. My wife saw one then was followed by it at dusk, and it freaked her out.

Guest Tsalagi

On the other hand, a hostile encounter would be stressful if not deadly. My wife saw one then was followed by it at dusk, and it freaked her out.

I know how she felt having been followed by what I am pretty sure was one when I was lost for hours in the wilderness. Researchers say all the time Bigfoots are interested in women and children. But why is that? Because they marvel at those tiny hairless creatures, do they feel threatened by adult male humans or are they looking for an opportunity to abduct someone?

Not only do I want to see one but I want to develop a long term relationship with one or a family. I want to observe and record everything I see and perhaps trade gifts as the ancient Indian medicine men did. Would I be scared? Probably, I only go out alone anyways. I'm ready for anything.

Admin

I would like to see one just to know they are real and not just a myth. Way too much BS here to really believe anything.