Do You Really Want To Encounter Bf?

georgerm

Guest Biggie

I'd like to see a docile bf while driving on the road maybe crossing in front of me close enough to see it's face yet while in the safety of my car where I could leave the area at speed if needed. I wouldn't need any fear of danger for it to thrill me nor would I want a scary encounter with a hostile one.

I definitely want to see one. I'm not the big brave type normally but I'm not a little girl either. I suspect I'd manage to be coherent long enough to get a good look. I mostly just want to know they're real. If I only see them on a documentary that will be sufficient. But would be so cool to have one cross in front of me on the road. A classic squatch sighting.

i saw one and hope i never do again. wasn't violent or anything like that, but scared the $h#t out of us none the less. we were at close range. maybe doing 60mph in a car passing one on the side of the road is a different story though.;)

Guest KentuckyApeman

Very good thread. And I would say...only at a distance. 100 yards?

If this is a real creature, I don't need a face to face encounter, and I'm sure it does not want one as well.

At a distance, from a safe place would be a good start. You could decide if you wanted closer contact then.

I took pictures Sunday and was so creeped out I decided not to ever go back. But I will, of course.

I would love to encounter such a creature. I am a field biologist, and we get our jollies from personal encounters with as many wild animals as possible. While I am skeptical of bigfoot, I'm even more skeptical of violent bigfoot: wild things that attack human things end up dead. So if I ever encounter a bigfoot, I will be prepared that it might try to intimidate me, but in truth not scared that it would be about to kill me. Note that this is quite unlike my feelings toward grizzlies: I would assume that any grizzly I encountered would consider me a delicious bit of tender man meat. I have no desire to meet a grizzly without the means to protect myself.

Guest Cervelo

Exactly Sas!

Here's my list of things I fear could hurt me in the woods, I'm rarely afraid in the woods!

1) other people (or myself for doing something stupid)

2) bears

3) mountain lions

4) dogs

Once we get through the list of the other hundreds of toothy creatures in the woods then there's biggie. Use your head people if he's everywhere like some of you think then they are obviously not a threat to us or the probability of you encountering one is about the same as encountering a shark in the woods shocking yes frightening just don't get it!

I’d like to think that I would delight in a close encounter – the closer the better – chance of “getting acquainted†(in a harmonious way) best of all. Would also like to think that if things went wrong, I’d be prepared to die in the cause of trying to advance knowledge in this area. One takes it that death at the hands of a BF would be quick, if painful; and in any case the overall picture got, tends to be that they seem mostly to refrain from physical violence against humans. I’m getting towards the end of my biblical span anyway...

All this is fine and theoretical – don’t know how it would hold up in a situation of an actual encounter. It’s all moot anyway in my case – am on the wrong side of the Atlantic for hands-on Bigfooting, and practical considerations would preclude me from spending time, long or short, in North America.

Edited by Thady

Guest SnoTraveler

I have no desire to encounter one, but would very much like the question of their existence answered. If I were to find tracks while snowmobiling in the NEK of Vermont, I would switch to the side of non-skeptic. I've snowmobiled in some very remote places and have never seen a sign, and I do look. I like saskeptics response, I think those of you that are so anti-skeptic biased should carefully absorb this one post of his.

I would love to be able to gather evidence of their existence, complete with photos and video. I'm not so sure about a face to face encounter, though. I would be unsure of my fear level if this were to happen. I know what I think I might do, but, as we all know, it's far easier to think about what you'd do from behind a computer screen than it would be in an actual face to face encounter. I mean, what do you do if you're charged or threatened? Hold your ground and risk the possibility of personal injury or death?

I believe that the best thing to do would be to submit to them in their territory, although that would be easier said than done. In the event that the encounter were to be peaceful, I'd like to offer gifts and food items to bolster their confidence in me. I don't know if I could stop shaking enough to follow through even if it were to be peaceful. Hopefully, they're advanced enough to understand that the encounter would be stressful for a human.

The last thing I'd ever want to do is injure or kill a bigfoot, even if I felt my life were in danger. I can't say that I wouldn't fire at them, although I realize that if I ever did this I would never have their confidence. Maybe it would be best to leave if I was feeling uncomfortable or if I was met with threatening behavior and come back another day. Perhaps this would show them that you aren't there to hurt or injure them... that they can trust you.

I don't want to end up like Steve Irwin or Timothy Treadwell. However, I know that life is more interesting if you actually live it to its fullest.

Can one be submissive with their hand on their firearm?

B) A word to the wise: Be careful what you wish for.

- Dudlow

{"Underline" added to above quote by K-S.}

I've been doing that s**t - "...wish..." - for DECADES. Nothing new to me....

I believe that the best thing to do would be to submit to them in their territory, although that would be easier said than done. In the event that the encounter were to be peaceful, I'd like to offer gifts and food items to bolster their confidence in me. I don't know if I could stop shaking enough to follow through even if it were to be peaceful. Hopefully, they're advanced enough to understand that the encounter would be stressful for a human.

This is my plan. See one then determine if it's hostile. If hostile, then offer food and get on one knee and act passive. Or I could do what my dog does and lie on my back and put paws up! kind of kidding! If this doesn't work, I'm going to slowly walk away with my concealed weapon under my coat and fire warning shot if necessary. If possible, have my camera running on video but hanging down and not up like a weapon.

I have no desire to encounter one, but would very much like the question of their existence answered. If I were to find tracks while snowmobiling in the NEK of Vermont, I would switch to the side of non-skeptic. I've snowmobiled in some very remote places and have never seen a sign, and I do look. I like saskeptics response, I think those of you that are so anti-skeptic biased should carefully absorb this one post of his.

Good answer.

I’d like to think that I would delight in a close encounter – the closer the better – chance of “getting acquainted†(in a harmonious way) best of all. Would also like to think that if things went wrong, I’d be prepared to die in the cause of trying to advance knowledge in this area. One takes it that death at the hands of a BF would be quick, if painful; and in any case the overall picture got, tends to be that they seem mostly to refrain from physical violence against humans. I’m getting towards the end of my biblical span anyway...

All this is fine and theoretical – don’t know how it would hold up in a situation of an actual encounter. It’s all moot anyway in my case – am on the wrong side of the Atlantic for hands-on Bigfooting, and practical considerations would preclude me from spending time, long or short, in North America.

I would imagine dieing at BF's hand would be quick but they seem only intent on scaring people away.

Exactly Sas!

Here's my list of things I fear could hurt me in the woods, I'm rarely afraid in the woods!

1) other people (or myself for doing something stupid)

2) bears

3) mountain lions

4) dogs

Once we get through the list of the other hundreds of toothy creatures in the woods then there's biggie. Use your head people if he's everywhere like some of you think then they are obviously not a threat to us or the probability of you encountering one is about the same as encountering a shark in the woods shocking yes frightening just don't get it!

Number one is realistic.

I would love to encounter such a creature. I am a field biologist, and we get our jollies from personal encounters with as many wild animals as possible. While I am skeptical of bigfoot, I'm even more skeptical of violent bigfoot: wild things that attack human things end up dead. So if I ever encounter a bigfoot, I will be prepared that it might try to intimidate me, but in truth not scared that it would be about to kill me. Note that this is quite unlike my feelings toward grizzlies: I would assume that any grizzly I encountered would consider me a delicious bit of tender man meat. I have no desire to meet a grizzly without the means to protect myself.

I would imagine a Grizzly encounter would be much more stressful.

At a distance, from a safe place would be a good start. You could decide if you wanted closer contact then.

I took pictures Sunday and was so creeped out I decided not to ever go back. But I will, of course.

What creeped you out?

Very good thread. And I would say...only at a distance. 100 yards?

If this is a real creature, I don't need a face to face encounter, and I'm sure it does not want one as well.

Some times we have no choice so prepare for the worst.

i saw one and hope i never do again. wasn't violent or anything like that, but scared the $h#t out of us none the less. we were at close range. maybe doing 60mph in a car passing one on the side of the road is a different story though.;)

What happened?

I definitely want to see one. I'm not the big brave type normally but I'm not a little girl either. I suspect I'd manage to be coherent long enough to get a good look. I mostly just want to know they're real. If I only see them on a documentary that will be sufficient. But would be so cool to have one cross in front of me on the road. A classic squatch sighting.

Seems like seeing one is super rare.

I'd like to see a docile bf while driving on the road maybe crossing in front of me close enough to see it's face yet while in the safety of my car where I could leave the area at speed if needed. I wouldn't need any fear of danger for it to thrill me nor would I want a scary encounter with a hostile one.

This is a good safe way to see one unless they chase your car like some have done before!

Edited by georgerm

Scariest animal I ever encountered, was a great horned owl, about an hour before sun up I was in a climbing treestand ,

You could barely see and this big black mass was headed right for me (there wings don't make noise) and it went to land on the branch in front of me,

I was screaming like a little school girl and the owl flew though the trees banging off branches. It took me about

15 minutes to get my heart to slow down. Needless to say, I didn't see another living thing all morning, never mind a deer.

If they exist then it would be cool to see one.

Not trying to be a jerk here but I don't understand how seeing one would be more life altering than seeing a grizzly or other such animal up close and personal.

Scariest animal I ever encountered, was a great horned owl, about an hour before sun up I was in a climbing treestand ,

You could barely see and this big black mass was headed right for me (there wings don't make noise) and it went to land on the branch in front of me,

I was screaming like a little school girl and the owl flew though the trees banging off branches. It took me about

15 minutes to get my heart to slow down. Needless to say, I didn't see another living thing all morning, never mind a deer.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: