Do You Really Want To Encounter Bf?

georgerm

Guest SnoTraveler

Why do these conversations always turn snotty??? Tsalagi, COGrizzly's track sighting was found snowmobiling in a very remote location, go back or ask him to repeat his report. He is a highly reputable poster here. I have lurked here for years and just recently decided to introduce myself and post a bit. I snowmobile because I enjoy snowmobiling, I am not out looking for BF, I just scan for unusual trackways. My machine is also quite quiet, please don't stereotype us sledders. This photo shows the terrain I like to ride in, give me just a little, little bit of credit for being able to recognize big bipedal tracks if I passed them. (Griz found his this way) Note: will upload the photo later, when home, work software would not let me.

Admin
I've never heard that report; wonder how many passengers total did see him?

Only two that reported it. Plus a conductor that hinted at seeing it. Since it was a sleeping car, the middle of the afternoon, and the train was positioned such that other cars could not view the subject, I would guess few if any others. Folks in the sleeping car could only view it from one side of the train and those on that particular side were probably either napping, reading in bed, or in another car. Not sure what the configuration of an Amtrak sleeping car is but maybe 10-12 possible compartments on that side of the train?

Guest Tsalagi

Why do these conversations always turn snotty??? Tsalagi, COGrizzly's track sighting was found snowmobiling in a very remote location, go back or ask him to repeat his report. He is a highly reputable poster here. I have lurked here for years and just recently decided to introduce myself and post a bit. I snowmobile because I enjoy snowmobiling, I am not out looking for BF, I just scan for unusual trackways. My machine is also quite quiet, please don't stereotype us sledders. This photo shows the terrain I like to ride in, give me just a little, little bit of credit for being able to recognize big bipedal tracks if I passed them. (Griz found his this way) Note: will upload the photo later, when home, work software would not let me.

We're allowed to disagree on here & I'm not being snotty just because my opinion differs. I just highly doubt snowmobiling has any validity whatsoever in finding a BF or proving whether they exist or not. That is no different than saying I drive a car and have never seen Bigfoot tracks or a creature. Sure occasionally someone will see one that way, but if you want to see a Bigfoot making noise on a machine and zooming about is not the way to find one. Just like stomping around with a big group of people or a dog will also not result in a sighting. You want to see a Bigfoot you go alone and quietly on foot is what I am getting at. I just can't believe so many believe there is not a Bigfoot just because they haven't been able to see one. If they changed their behaviors they would probably run into one when they least expected it.

A snowmobile, which allows us pitiful humans, wretched creatures we may be, to cover miles and miles of snow-covered back country, just might enable one to come across tracks left in the snow.

At no time did the poster claim to be more likely to sight a creature while on his snowmobile. Someone is rampantly jumping conclusions, here.

We're allowed to disagree on here & I'm not being snotty just because my opinion differs. I just highly doubt snowmobiling has any validity whatsoever in finding a BF or proving whether they exist or not. That is no different than saying I drive a car and have never seen Bigfoot tracks or a creature. Sure occasionally someone will see one that way, but if you want to see a Bigfoot making noise on a machine and zooming about is not the way to find one. Just like stomping around with a big group of people or a dog will also not result in a sighting. You want to see a Bigfoot you go alone and quietly on foot is what I am getting at. I just can't believe so many believe there is not a Bigfoot just because they haven't been able to see one. If they changed their behaviors they would probably run into one when they least expected it.

Regardless of how one chooses to search for BF, the question is do you really want to find one while walking or snowmobiling? If BF is in a bad mood, it might chase a snowmobile or the quiet walker. There are reports of BFs chasing cars, so the noise might actually cause one to dash out in the open with terror on its mind.

Yes, many of us would like to see a BF while quietyly walking through the woods providing Biggie is in a good mood. Regardless of how peaceful we might be, biggie sometimes does not appreciate a human in its territory. When this happens, BF can go bezerk thus creating terror. One must be prepared for the worst case even if we have the best intentions.

If you are racing about on a machine making tons of noise you are not very likely to see much of any wild animal. Do you think a really intelligent creature would stand there like an idiot in plain view as you zoom by?

Its life altering because everyone believes grizzlies exist but few believe Bigfoots do.

If you believe in Sasquatch then see one, why is that different then believing in a grizzly then seeing one?

If sasquatch exist and they are apelike then why would it be more life changing then seeing a mountain gorilla or for that matter someone from the Southern US travelling to Alaska and seeing a polar bear or Kodiak.

In all cases they are just large creatures.

If sasquatch are of human level intelligence that the observer can verify in their sighting, then perhaps I could understand that.

The answer you provided just doesn't make sense to me, maybe because I am not religious or see the world in only black or white.

I have no preconceived truths to be shattered if I saw one.

And the fact that someone may or may not believe in sasquatch would have no more meaning to me then my present non-belief has on you.

I did not bring up religion for any reason other then in reference to the notion that an intelligent man-like creature could conflict with some religious teachings. I have no wish to explore this aspect further

Guest SnoTraveler

DSCF2687.jpg100_0797.jpgHere are a few pics from the NEK of Vermont that I meant to insert in my last post earlier. Not to derail the thread, but thought some might enjoy the pics. There is a lot of wilderness up there and it is a beautiful area, as well as snowmobilers paradise. To clarify my earlier position, I scan for trackways out of curiosity and for fun, I do not in any way believe that in a thousand years I would see a BF up here.

I put a few more pics in my intro as well.

Edited by SnoTraveler

Guest SwampMonster

Scariest animal I ever encountered, was a great horned owl, about an hour before sun up I was in a climbing treestand ,

You could barely see and this big black mass was headed right for me (there wings don't make noise) and it went to land on the branch in front of me,

I was screaming like a little school girl and the owl flew though the trees banging off branches. It took me about

15 minutes to get my heart to slow down. Needless to say, I didn't see another living thing all morning, never mind a deer.

That's funny! I wonder if your screams were reported as a possible Bigfoot?

I had a similar experience, but it was turkeys roosting in my stand tree. Didn't see them in the dark and they waiting until I was situated and everything was quiet before they started tearing the top of the tree up. Thank goodness for the safety harness or I might have taken a flying leap.

Another such experience is when I walked up on a full grown Emu in the predawn light. Seems some had gotten out of a pen nearby. I didn't scream because I couldn't. First one I had ever seen. Had to sit down for a minute after it squawked and tore out through the woods.

As for a BF encounter, sure I would like to have a sighting that leaves no doubt in my mind. I'm not sure if you could ever be fully prepared for a moment like that. They don't have wings, so maybe it wouldn't scare me too bad.

I had a similar experience, but it was turkeys roosting in my stand tree. Didn't see them in the dark and they waiting until I was situated and everything was quiet before they started tearing the top of the tree up. Thank goodness for the safety harness or I might have taken a flying leap.

Another such experience is when I walked up on a full grown Emu in the predawn light. Seems some had gotten out of a pen nearby. I didn't scream because I couldn't. First one I had ever seen. Had to sit down for a minute after it squawked and tore out through the woods.

As for a BF encounter, sure I would like to have a sighting that leaves no doubt in my mind. I'm not sure if you could ever be fully prepared for a moment like that. They don't have wings, so maybe it wouldn't scare me too bad.

Are there Emu's in Florida now? :unsure:

BFF Patron

DSCF2687.jpg100_0797.jpgHere are a few pics from the NEK of Vermont that I meant to insert in my last post earlier. Not to derail the thread, but thought some might enjoy the pics. There is a lot of wilderness up there and it is a beautiful area, as well as snowmobilers paradise. To clarify my earlier position, I scan for trackways out of curiosity and for fun, I do not in any way believe that in a thousand years I would see a BF up here.

Nice pics but with 80% forested land in that area why would you think you wouldn't have a good chance for a Bigfoot in the area? Historical precedence of sighting reports?

Guest Waynescod

Thanx I did, and the sleds are nice too. You're lucky to have such a nice place to ride I hope someday you get us a picture of one or at least some tracks.

Here are a few pics from the NEK of Vermont that I meant to insert in my last post earlier. Not to derail the thread, but thought some might enjoy the pics. There is a lot of wilderness up there and it is a beautiful area, as well as snowmobilers paradise. To clarify my earlier position, I scan for trackways out of curiosity and for fun, I do not in any way believe that in a thousand years I would see a BF up here.

Looks fun and find us a trackway. I don't know why Bf would want to travel in snow country unless it has a girl friend on the other side of the mountain!

What a scare.........an Emu of all things!

Edited by georgerm

If you believe in Sasquatch then see one, why is that different then believing in a grizzly then seeing one?

If sasquatch exist and they are apelike then why would it be more life changing then seeing a mountain gorilla or for that matter someone from the Southern US travelling to Alaska and seeing a polar bear or Kodiak.

In all cases they are just large creatures.

If sasquatch are of human level intelligence that the observer can verify in their sighting, then perhaps I could understand that.

The answer you provided just doesn't make sense to me, maybe because I am not religious or see the world in only black or white.

I have no preconceived truths to be shattered if I saw one.

And the fact that someone may or may not believe in sasquatch would have no more meaning to me then my present non-belief has on you.

I did not bring up religion for any reason other then in reference to the notion that an intelligent man-like creature could conflict with some religious teachings. I have no wish to explore this aspect further

I've seen several bears in my life in the wild. I have been in the water with large sharks, even got buzzed by a Great White once off Coronado and had a female Orca surface near our RIB, mouth agape only to be told by locals later that she likes to have her tongue scratched. Seeing animals at the zoo and on TV all your life can mentally prepare you for seeing them in the wild to a degree as well. But when you see a Sasquatch up close for the first time so many things that you thought you knew sort of go out the window. There was a time in my life that as a woodsmen and longtime soldier I could tell myself that I was unafraid of anything that walked. That if I was in the woods in the dark with my rifle, that I, Me, Myself was what should be feared by any living creature that happened to cross my path. I can no longer say that after being face to face with one at 90 feet. The mass, the power and the potential for violence if provoked..I was awestruck and fearful at the same time, because it saw me before I saw it, and if it had chosen to it could have ended me before I knew what happened. It did not want me there, it was threatening but did not advance toward me. it waited for me to egress. I may draw criticism for my analogy; it is admittedly somewhat poor, and I am not placing Sasquatch into the category of "monster" in such a way as to judge their species in toto. I still maintain that like all people and all animals there are bad eggs that are encountered that could certainly pose a threat to a human-being. But in my own mind, at my first daylight sighting I may as well have come upon a Werewolf. At the time it was the closest thing I could approximate it to. Not that it looked like something from "The Howling" but neither did it look like an oversized Gorilla or miniature King Kong either. I believe that they are as unique as you and I among themselves. I had watched all the TV specials, read as many books as I could find on Bigfoot. I was hooked by the famous In Search Of Episode. I had even witnessed a Sasquatch at 400 yards through a FLIR a few years before. But I was still not mentally prepared for what was looking back at me, almost daring me to take another step closer lol. I still mantain that we have something different down South. Leaner, more aggressive or territorial than what's in the PNW. I can't prove it, but I am not the only one who holds to this thought.

Edited by Tautriadelta

Guest SwampMonster

Back when Emu meat was the big health food rage some people around here started raising them. Some of them escaped their pens, and I just happened to walk up on one of them. Not a pleasant experience. I can honestly say that I saw Big Bird in the woods, LOL.

Back when Emu meat was the big health food rage some people around here started raising them. Some of them escaped their pens, and I just happened to walk up on one of them. Not a pleasant experience. I can honestly say that I saw Big Bird in the woods, LOL.

:) Actually it is good to be careful around emu's. If they get a bit narly they will peck at your head and can injure. Learnt this when in the army as a recruit (long long ago ). There were emu's roaming about the large basic training area in a place called Wagga Wagga and every now and then they would just seem to take a dislike to one of the recruits while marching in formation. There was a woman in my platoon who they just truly had a go at and this same woman a number of times over the three months basic training. The corporals had a most hearty time yelling at anyone who wanted to break formation to help this woman as she was pecked and chased out of the formation and who knows where ( I never got to see how she go out of the situation and returned to the platoon). They even had fun at times yelling at her as she was being chased by two emu's, to get back in position.

Years later I came across an emu near where I camped that was docile and friendly for weeks until one day after it had rained heavily. I realised they are perhaps more agressive when all their feathers are wetted down and possibly feeling more weight, more vulnerabiity to attack. Im not a tall person and I can say it is extremely threatening when the emus neck rises so hi and the beak is nearly in your face. :huh:

Still, I guess I never realised that people had taken to rearing emu's in the USA.