Do You Really Want To Encounter Bf?

georgerm

Guest Tsalagi

:unsure: They really do that? I thought those stories were all fables. :ph34r: They kidnap women and their children, or singular kidnapping of an individual?

Has that happened in the past 50 years or so?

How did it occur?

I don't think anyone can say for sure whether they kidnap women and children. People make remarks about it, but the only story of abduction of a female I have ever heard of was in a National Equirer magazines decades ago. I doubt that qualifies as a necessarily true report. I notice a lot of reports of women and children being followed but again no one knows for sure why. Maybe they think the smaller hairless creatures are kinda cute or funny looking so they just like to watch. When I was being followed nothing bothered me despite being the only human in the wilderness many miles from town. If it had wanted to get me there was nothing to stop it, yet it didn't. I don't think most of them are mean, just the older males if threatened by a human male might get defensive. Think about it when they want someone to leave their area what do they do? Throw rocks and beat on tents. If they were really violent then they would just go kick the human's butt outta there!

For what its worth there is an old Indian story of a Bigfoot that took an Indian wife and from the way the story goes oddly enough he sounded like a really good husband. I bet he stank though! lmao

Edited by Tsalagi

Bigfoot down south, bigfoot Midwest, out west, etc....I wonder if there is only one species, but different cultures? Maybe that makes for the difference.

I mostly just know what I read, but some is also what I have seen out there. Face it, if they wanted to do us in, we'd be done. So we must assume lack of immediate desire to eradicate the average guy. But I have heard / read stories of less peaceful behavior. In Rusty Wilson's books there are several stories of implied murderous intent on the part of bigfoot. One of a female bigfoot grabbing a young girl from her kitchen in front of relatives. :o

I do think they are more relaxed around women and children--less threatening than men. Their curiosity comes out around the ladies and little ones. And everybody likes kids, I guess.

Personally, I would be more than fine just observing them from a good distance--far enough away they do not understand I can see them. Their ability to hide is their greatest strength, but their confidence in our inability to see them is maybe their greatest weakness, as I have said before. It would be hard to fight the instinctive terror at any closer range--I doubt I could stand still and look one in the eye closer than 40 feet from me If that. And I may overestimate my nerve.

They love to hang out around our stuff and us. We need to put game cameras up, not on game trails--that's way too obvious, friends. Put cameras up where we would be expected to have gadgets and they won't attract any attention. Like in busy campgrounds, ski areas, ski area parking lots, trail head parking areas, around rest areas, in or on the edge of suburbs bordering woods or rivers, around your house and buildings in rural areas. Or around your house in areas less rural but near squatch country. Got nothing to lose--those game cams in the woods are mostly flops.

Snotraveler, there is a great snow track tutorial on the BFRO home page. pretty good info and a must for us Noreasterners. They actually talk about looking for tracks from a car with spotters. Would think a snomobile would be better as it goes off road in winter. Very good article....Keep Squatching!

For what its worth there is an old Indian story of a Bigfoot that took an Indian wife and from the way the story goes oddly enough he sounded like a really good husband. I bet he stank though! lmao

Or -- "turnabout" -- re the Albert Ostman story, it has been speculated that the abductee was seen as a potential mate for the young female in the BF family. Have occasionally wished that Albert had been willing to go along with the idea: if he had, and if things had gone favourably, the mystery could have beeen solved many decades ago.

SusiQ,

there was nothing macho about any of my encounters with large African animals. I don't do macho....... I also don't mess with animals. These encounters are almost always on their terms, and the same would be so of most sasquatch sightings if reports are to believed. Just promise me one thing.........PLEASE don't run away!! Take a step or two backwards, slowly, without taking your eyes off the animal. That defuses most human/ animal interactions, and doesn't trigger the chase-&-kill reaction that all (known) carnivores have. Boy, I'd love to see someone kneel or squat in the presence of a sasquatch. It would be intruiging to guess what this submissive gesture would do. Even better if you could offer food. Anyway.....we're dreaming now!

Watch the end of

, and remember it if you ever come face to face with your big friend.

Mike

Mike, I would be still and frozen on the spot because I'm either dead from a heart attack, or fainted. :rolleyes: Seriously, I really would freeze and only run if it approached me.

Perhaps if I should accidentally totally against my will find myself abandoned by all of my male family members in a BF inhabited forest I shall be sure to have a Gazelle along for the adventure. :rolleyes:

However, since the gazelle could possibly *out* *run* *me* I shall ensure it's on a lead and thus pulling me along with it as I shriek "There's a Sasquatch in these woods"! :P

Of course, First an Army infantry squadron fully loaded with weapons and grenades would have to force me into going into the woods in the first place.

I shall remain a long distant admirer of deep woods and the possible creatures who may inhabit it.

In other words, BF would have to seek me out because I'm never going looking for them again at this time.

I saw one. He would make 6 or more of me, and 3 or more of hubby! They are huge!

They are welcome to their forests, and I shall stay safely in my little neighborhood where my greatest danger comes from being hit by a golf ball while walking my dogs since local hunting has been stopped. ;):ph34r:

If you are racing about on a machine making tons of noise you are not very likely to see much of any wild animal. Do you think a really intelligent creature would stand there like an idiot in plain view as you zoom by?

Its life altering because everyone believes grizzlies exist but few believe Bigfoots do.

Personally I believe an average person out for a walk or hike who should encounter a Grizzly Bear would feel like that **WAS** a life changing moment.The changing would be related to if they survived the encounter don't you see... :P:rolleyes:

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
To remove double post

"Moose backsides have eyes....." Hucksterfoot

I thought they had rear-view mirrors on the antlers.

Edited by JDL

Oh I would love to see one thru a very high powered set of binoculars. That's close enough for me.

Or from the safety of a large car slowly passing by a BF beside the road.That worked for me. I did not have time to think fear because the BF turned and ducked down.

It was an OMG, I JUST SAW A REAL BIGFOOT JUST NOW!!moment. :D

Ron

From your avatar it looks like you like to fly fish.Well with that alone can put you in places where these creatures may roam.If you ever do come in contact do not fear it but respect it.Let know you mean them no harm and if you get that feeling to leave then listen and leave.But the next time you go back leave them a gift like a fish.I say fish since that is what you are doing there.Share that food with them and respect them and their area.If you are not wanted they will let you know.Things one learns is on a constant and is not written but remembered. :) Enlightment is thru truth.

Sweetsq

I was wondering about your sighting,Was your sighting more of seeing a strange object on the side of the road.See I am interested in this other side to these creatures that i have been exploring.I am very skeptical on this side of them but yet things have proven to me other wise.On your sighting did you ever get a feeling to look on the side of the road at the creature.Like some thing drew you to that object or made you look.See nothing happens by accident and this is what i am seeing with these creatures.Is this paranormal, no! but does reqiure further research in my opionion. :)

I had a *clear* sighting looking out from the car towards the left side of the highway. If you can tell me any other animal that stands 9-10 feet tall, is solid black, and can move quickly to bend down and get behind a tree I'd love to hear what you think it might be. I said to hubby I just saw a BF, and he actually checked our mileage so I would know where the sighting occurred on highway 7. The road was terrible and we were not going very fast due to the ruts, so I had a decent amount of time for the sighting. We were halfway past him before he turned and ducked. We may have been the first car he ever saw, or he was just curious.

And "Do you think a really intelligent creature" like poster SnoTraveler would really run over tracks and never notice them?

Let's give him the benefit of a doubt. He states he's traveled the back country and never noticed sign of the creature. I'm OK with that.

Yep, I'm with you on this. I'd be perfectly willing to sacrifice some undergarments in the encounter.

It washes out. Ask any mother how easy it is to do as long as you don't mind..It happens with kids after they get out of diapers occasionally. :(

I don't think anyone can say for sure whether they kidnap women and children. People make remarks about it, but the only story of abduction of a female I have ever heard of was in a National Equirer magazines decades ago. I doubt that qualifies as a necessarily true report. I notice a lot of reports of women and children being followed but again no one knows for sure why. Maybe they think the smaller hairless creatures are kinda cute or funny looking so they just like to watch. When I was being followed nothing bothered me despite being the only human in the wilderness many miles from town. If it had wanted to get me there was nothing to stop it, yet it didn't. I don't think most of them are mean, just the older males if threatened by a human male might get defensive. Think about it when they want someone to leave their area what do they do? Throw rocks and beat on tents. If they were really violent then they would just go kick the human's butt outta there!

Many stories in Native American lore. I personally don't think it would be prudent to summarily dismiss those as untrue, although I am sure many of them are, it is equally important to consider that some of them are based on actual events.

Guest HucksterFoot

"Moose backsides have eyes....." Hucksterfoot

I thought they had rear-view mirrors on the antlers.

I'm sure there are times they wish they didn't.

moose-backside-eyes.jpg

• 3 months later...

Of course I want to see Bigfoot.

I'm not saying that I won't be terrified out of my mind, but it would be the most amazing and awe-inspiring moment of my life, to see one of these giants in the wild. I would gladly crap my pants for the opportunity, lol.

These creatures are one of the worlds most unique and amazing animals and I wouldn't miss out on seeing one with my own two eyes for anything.

Guest minnie-ear

Every day. Seriously every day I hope I experience bigfoot. I’ve had several encounters over the course of my life including one sighting of two individuals at 70 yards. I commute about 20miles one way and ¾ o f the route is either forest or farmland. I scan the country side to and from work in hopes of catching another glimpse. I camp in areas with a history and do everything I can to call them in. Sometimes this is successful but most of the times we stand around and talk shop. I’m game for any type of interaction at any distance any time of the day or night. Hell I would like to entice them onto my property and towards that purchased my home in what I consider good habitat.

Respect but don’t fear them. With the possible exception of the before noted 1% (bad egg), there is nothing to fear from them. If they were dangerous, we wouldn’t be having conversations like this, they would be a known to everyone. I truly believe they know it’s in their best interest not to harm humans either by instinct or tradition. I also think many of them enjoy peaceful interaction, on their terms. A friend of mine likes to say, “We are like TV to themâ€, a break from just surviving.

Frankly I get tired of the Monster Factor. They don’t lurk in the forest. They don’t live in lairs. They certainly aren’t here to scare and intimidate humans. They simply survive like every other forest inhabitant. The spooky talk is nothing but harmful.

I’ve met dozens of witnesses many who had very close, one who was literally face to face and no one was harmed. Were they frightened, startled, world upside down…sure, but no physical harm. The most shocked people are the folks who were skeptical about the existence. I also know a ‘researcher’ who now can’t walk into the woods after a bluff charge because of PTSD.

If you are of sound mind and mentally prepared and can keep your cool then you just might have an experience you will remember, in vivid detail, the rest of your life. If it happens consider yourself lucky.

I go out in groups, stick to forest roads or well established trails. I carry the 10 essentials and know how to use my survival gear. I don’t carry a weapon, ever. I don’t carry a camera either or binocs. I go out with a pure heart and a sincere desire to communicate with them and it occasionally pans out.

Don’t mean to sound preachy but please stop the fear mongering. It’s counterproductive and unnecessary.

I'm getting too old to put myself in the places I used to hunt deer and elk.

But like the poster before me, I scan the country around me, the foothils,

the mountains and think, like I used to think about the grizzley in Montana,

it somehow reassuring to know he's there.

RE

I looked at my answer way up yonder in January, and I seem to have changed my mind a bit. I want to see one, I guess, but from a fair distance. And I don't feel as comfy cozy as I once did. I feel kinship, but that doesn't mean they do.

I am not sure they are friendly as all that--not all of them. I don't know which ones might be dangerous. Just like with humans. But I know signs of dangerous humans, at least to some degree, and I dang sure I don't know bigfoot that well. I am sure some are a hazard.

I think that is one reason I squatch as close to civilization as possible. I think that in OUR backyard they mind their manners a lot better and are less likely the homocidal human hater types.