Infra Sound And Getting Zapped

Guest tracker

Guest TexasTracker

more lit for you to consider... we could do this all day...

Infrasound

The threshold for infrasound is around 140dB at 20Hz increasing to about 162dB at 2 Hz and to 175-180dB for static pressure.Due to the ethical issues regarding testing human subjects, experiments on dogs were conducted at levels of 170dB at a frequency of 0.5 Hz. Curiously the dogs stopped breathing because of lung ventilation due to the high intensity pressure changes, although the 0.5 Hz frequency of the sound acted as an artificial respirator and the dogs showed no ill effects afterwards.Many of the most profound effects of sound are attributed to infrasound in the region of 7Hz. This corresponds with the median alpha-rhythm frequencies of the brain.It is also commonly alleged that this is the resonant frequency of the body’s organs and hence organ rupture and death can occur at high intensity exposures.

Impulse noise

Shock waves from explosive blasts produce varying and perhaps the most dramatic effects in the realm of acoustic devices. At moderately high levels in the region of 140 dB temporary hearing loss occurs, which can become permanent at higher values. At acoustic levels above 185 dB the tympanic membrane begins to rupture.

At acoustic levels of about 200 dB, lungs begin to rupture, and above about 210 dB some deaths will occur.

CAN WE GET BACK TO THE THREAD PLEASE

Cotter... when "we" last got together with several folks that had been zapped, the theory of pheromones was high on the list, as well as a possible "mass hysteria" type of effect. Meaning that I was leaning towards thinking these people were just buying into a kind of psychological state. I had to lean more towards infrasound because many of these "zappings" were to a specific person, with others nearby not effected. I'd think pheromones would not be so focused??? Your thoughts

But in talking to some, from different parts of the country, I found similarities that I couldn't write off so easily... I'd like to keep much of it quiet but here is one example. I think this goes beyond coincidence and actually gives a fair amount of credibility to their stories.

I have talked to 12 people so far that have had the experience. 9 of those people report blood in their urine the next day, sometimes for days afterwards. That isn't something that the average Joe would consider making up. Even much less of a chance that 9 of 12 would think of that... None of these people had spoke with each other prior to meeting. That is significant.

The kidneys are hollow organs and are susceptible to this kind of "sonic trauma". If any of you guys ride a motocross bike, you may have bounced around enough to **** blood before.

I'm just starting to get into this myself, but the early findings seem to support what these people are saying. I'd rather not get into other specifics, but let's just say it is compelling. Let's keep an open mind and see where this goes. That's all I'm saying.

^ VERY interesting Texas.....

I agree with your thoughts that it would be difficult to focus pheromones. However, just spitballing here, but wind direction could play a major role with who is and is not affected, potency, peoples' succeptability to said pheromone, etc. TONS of variables there.

But I don't even have a hypothetical explanation for the urine issue, it would suggest more of a physical trauma unless folks were somehow absorbing enough of the pheromone to trigger a significant chemical reaction within the blood.

I too have come across folks who have been 'zapped' while sleeping in tents around others. It really freaks people out when it happens 2 or 3 times in an evening.

You can not focus the low frequency waves. They go through most everything. You speak of targeting with sound that is omni directional by nature and does not like to be focused or impeded.

There are military weapons that use sound. They do not use the infra sonics in real world apllications for the above reasons. How do you shield yourself from that sound? How do you focus that sound in a beam suitable for transmission? The individuals firing the weapon, the weapon itself and the target would all be blasted.

And I do not want to be disrespectful to you or any honest witness TexasTracker. We agree that people are experiencing a real reaction.

Edited by Woodswalker

Shock waves from explosive blasts produce varying and perhaps the most dramatic effects in the realm of acoustic devices. At moderately high levels in the region of 140 dB temporary hearing loss occurs, which can become permanent at higher values. At acoustic levels above 185 dB the tympanic membrane begins to rupture.

At acoustic levels of about 200 dB, lungs begin to rupture, and above about 210 dB some deaths will occur.

10 db is factor of 10 increase in power. 140 Db is equivalent to a large jet engine. 150 Db is equivalent to 10 large jet engines, 160 at 100 and 170 Db at 1000 times the power, 180 Db at 10,000, 190 Db at 100,000 and we will stop at 200 Db which is 1,000,000 times more powerful than 140 Db. Hopefully that puts it into perspective.

Physics presents a mighty obstacle to infra zapping.

Edited by Woodswalker

Ahem just getting back to animals.....

Elephants used infrasound to communicate over long distances.....

Cornell Ornithology Lab says

The lower the frequency of a sound, the longer its sound wave. Low frequency sounds can therefore travel farther without being absorbed or reflected by the environment. Intensity of elephant calls varies widely from very soft calls made between mothers and their adjacent infants to the very loud calls made by females announcing their availability. Playback experiments demonstrated that savannah elephants responded to each others’ loud vocalizations over distances of at least 2 kilometers. Because playbacks were only broadcast at half the amplitude of the strongest elephant calls in their sample, the authors estimated the actual range as at least 4 kilometers (Langbauer, Payne et al, 1991). The calling area may be expanded by as much as an order of magnitude during temperature inversions in the evening and night (Larom et al, 1997). Preliminary results from our recent work with forest elephants suggest that powerful forest elephant calls travel roughly the same distances through the dense forest. The fact that elephant calls can travel several kilometers enables elephant societies to coordinate movements over large areas.

And whales use it to zap prey

Whales are able to stun squid and other fish with powerful blasts of infrasound called "gunshots."1 In some instances, they "burst their prey apart" by tonal projection alone.

http://audiology.adv...ble-Sounds.aspx

Again, used to "burst their prey"...so I think BF could surely use it as a weapon. Why not? Maybe they have sonic maritial art clan or something, to train you how.

Edited by Kings Canyon

Well, I guess that shows animals CAN use it as a weapon and not injure themselves with it while 'firing'.

Perhaps a yet undiscovered way to manipulate the sound waves.

Who is the owner of the theory of whales using sound as a weapon? It is a knot of citations leading back and forth but not leading to studies. Almost everything I search for on the keywords of whales killing with sound leads to the Navy and its sub locating sonar that transmits at over 200 Db causing the whales and dolphins to beach themselves.

BFF Patron

Interesting information Texas Tracker thanks. Mics that are sensitive in that low range are fairly pricey (it's all relative, they are affordable..a few hundred $) and I didn't pursue it. Is anyone out there recording specifically in these low frequencies?

Guest TexasTracker

Cliff Barackman had an interesting post/blog about infrasound. His point being that there really isn't anyone running around in the woods recording/listening for infrasound. Except for gators, there shouldn't be anything known in the woods that would generate infrasound, so anything recorded could potentially be ground-breaking.

I do know of someone that actually had an audio recorder running as he was "zapped". You can actually here a very deep sound momentarily as the event happened. Looking at it on a spectrograph, it goes off the scale below 20Hz... I'll ask him if I can share it here.

Guest VioletX

That would be a very cool thing to study, hmmmnn, unless it helped the gov't track Bigfoot...

I wonder if the producer of the strongest infra sound would be an aggressive, intentional(?) low growl from a male, maybe the female Bigfoot cannot get low enough to be quite as disturbing ...

But as for how Bigfoot direct the sound at only some of a group??? This is definitely a perplexing subject...

Yeah TT if you can so share that would be great. There are several people who focus on sound, but I don't know if they have a mic that record below 10Hz seems between us all we should own one? But, they aren't cheap and if nothing comes of it someone might be stuck with the bill...I would be willing to chip in some coin (lol and I mean coin..my $$ days with BFing have been trimmed!!) on a mic that travels between a half dozen people? ..just an idea.

Edited by apehuman

Whales using sound to kill is anectdote. I have looked and looked. I can not find evidence besides all these blogs/websites that cite each other but have no studies linked/cited or scientific documentation on when, where and how these animals use sound to kill. It is all theory or anecdote.

Edited by Woodswalker

^ Agree. I did some digging as well and best all I can find is theories, as well as some indication that tests that were done came up negative (in that squids were not debilitated).

Maybe we'll be surprised and someone can find a recent study that says otherwise.

My zapping had nothing to do with fear period. It was an overcoming sensation of power that felt like when you feel like there is a ghost or there is static.It had power of some kind and it overcame us and it was not the power of suggestion .the hair on our arms stood up and our backs stood up and it felt just like being electricuted in a sort.No fear ,we were all calmn and we we all talking normal.It felt like it was letting us know that it was in our camp sight and to give it time to flee.What we seen was the figure looking like vapor rising like the marage when you look down a road in the heat of the day and you see that wiggly vapor lines on the road from the heat ,well that is how the figure looked liked as it left the camp sight while we were being zapped.Besides i did have a .45 cal so if anything should have fear it should of been the figure at our camp sight.I have no problem drawing if it ever came down to it .So stop saying it is fear.