Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

BFF Patron

When I look at the original picture that Bigtex forwarded to me it looks even more like a standing figure.     His orginal is 283 KB .   My blow up of his posted picture with the pink circle is only 133 KB.     .    I do not think it leaves.     While blowing it up does little because of the resulting pixilation,    but when you look at his original,    you notice the vegetation just behind Wolfy is the best focus.     But if you look past that the focus of objects off in the distance are slightly out of focus.    Just that makes me think the subject is some distance away,   well beyond where the focus is sharp, and could not be something as small as a leaf.         To be in that focus zone,   it would seem to me to have to be a fairly large object some distance away.     Here I might think stump squatch but I don't think large standing stumps are common there.   The coloration on the subject is interesting.    I see almost whiteish splotches in the mid section.    Another possibility is a human off in the distance wearing brown clothing.    Someone may have software that reduces pixilation when doing blow ups.     I had some but lost it when my computer died a few months ago.    I don't know what it is, but the fact that Wolfy is staring directly in that direction in the next picture is very interesting.  

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

The Wolfy was definitely interested in something over there, which is not unusual, but I just wasn't paying that close attention to the situation. I really need to fine-search that area where the 'blob' was, every time I go through there, something weird happens, and usually has to do with wolfy, the other dogs seem to take a brief interest, but never go over there. Just behind where the alleged figure was standing, is the downside of the ravine cliff, all kinds of caves up there, and I'm too old to be climbing around........need some younger rock climbers to come check it out

Edited by Bigtex

BFF Patron

There are some small branches breaking up the figure so that could explain the apparent focus.    BTW could be right it might be something as simple as a leaf.      I just don't know.     Funny thing is, and this is just probably the product of my brain trying to makes sense of the picture,  the more I look at the picture the more it looks like not only a BF but a pregnant female BF.     if so crying baby sounds might start to be heard.  

Like I said.....great place to hang day or night, even though the night stuff can get spooky, especially when I'm alone, as I never take wolfy or the dogs into the woods at night.

I do take gramps ole Iverson 12G with some 'zombie-blaster' shells, which are just blanks that spit fire out of the barrel, and are double loud of a regular shell, got some real ammo too just in case.

Not just a leaf but a whole branch of leaves. There is a tree back in there that has leaves on it. It covers quite a bit of background area. Anyway, looking at the tree spacing going back into that area, I don't think that whatever the subject is, is very tall. I would say the distance is maybe 40 to 60 yards at best and probably less.

I agree BTW......I've been studying the original, and your estimate of distance is spot on, I'd say 45 yards. I find a lot of prints in this area from what appears to be the same individual, and are smaller juvie prints, several posted before. IMO, they share a similar quest for adventure as their hairless cousins, and would expect them to follow me during the day, more so than the adults. However, if you are followed at night, it will most likely be an adult male(s).

Thanks BTW.......not to worried about the locals, pretty sure they know me, and as long as I don't disrespect them, should be OK. However, some bigger ones are fixin' to start showing up from the North with the cooler weather, and they don't know me:) My main research area is on a major power line corridor heading North/South, and pretty positive that's what they use. Pictures of the Power Lines facing North & South, plus what I call a 'Quick Shack', and believe they make these quickly during their travels, twisting & weaving live green trees for concealment.......the one pictured is older, and is mostly dead now. These are very hard to see when they are fresh with all the greenery, even when I am very near them. 

post-193-0-84668000-1445889603_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-95447600-1445889620_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-07093700-1445889648_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bigtex

Looks like a good travel corridor with plenty of cover along the edges. Probably makes getting from point A to point B pretty easy.

BFF Patron

BTEX how did you fare with all the Texas rain?     We are in our rainy season here too.   

We had a lot in the Spring, but nothing all summer until last weekend. Patricia was supposed to dump 8-10" on us, but not even close, but it did recharge the creeks enough that they should hold water during the winter.

Just got back from a hike, took several pics of my camp, and standing in the same spot that showed the blob a few posts back.......will download from the camera and post later for comparison. 

Well rats......gonna have to go back, I was standing in the wrong spot, plus it needs to be the same time of day, late afternoon, so the shadows are similar.

Here's the original again, plus one I took today, and will get back out there in the same spot in a day or 3:)

post-193-0-44673000-1445977858_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-73453800-1445977870_thumb.jpg

BFF Patron

When I have done a comparison I found it helpful to print out the picture, take it into the field so I could get in exactly the same place to take another picture. If something was there I would assumed that it was just a stumpsquatch. Something was there 24 hours later so I just assumed it was a stump. It was way up on a ridge so I could not get to it close. I returned a couple of weeks later and the stump squatch was gone. Now I am really puzzled. Was it some sort of sentinel standing guard or a stump fell over?

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Strange how these things happen with respect to BF.......the Bigfoot Curse! Good idea, and will do that with a printed picture to take out there.

I was thinking about buying a GoPro with the dog harness, and strap it to the Wolfy........has anyone tried this? She gets interested frequently on our hikes, and stays gone for periods of time, it might be very interesting to see what she is doing......any thoughts on this guys?

• gigantor unlocked and featured this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic