Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Sounds like a gift mesabe, that's pretty cool, and would love to see a pic.......heck, would like to see a picture of the snow, hadn't had anything but the occasional flurry that doesn't stick down here, and believe 1984 was the last time it accumulated on the ground for several days........guess that's a good thing?

BFF Patron

Mesabe your house an active BF situation?     They gift.    I have been gifted by pack rats at my place.     They got into my shop, under a bad roll up door seal,  and filled the place with all kinds of nuts.     I have no idea what they took in exchange.   Probably a bunch of nuts, bolts, and rivets I had sitting around in boxes in the shop.  

Well, from all the strange activity, and tracks we found and cast, we were pretty convinced that they were around. It was ongoing for about 10 yrs., enough for an investigation group to take notice, and do some research.

Then either due to the investigators presence, or some of the construction going around in this county, the activity seems to have stopped, or dwindled to almost nothing.

We live on a somewhat remote hobby farm along a river. We have noticed some gifting in the past, just never right up to our house. We honestly have no idea where this sea shell came from?!?

It's supposed to warm up, soon, so the snow, may melt to get a picture. I tried to dig it out last night, but the snow was too icy.

Perfect hiking weather.......Wolfy gave a good chase after something yesterday, sounded big, and possibly left this track way shown with 2 prints. It appeared to run down the little trail above the cave where the wolf is sniffing, and disappeared inside. When I got down in there, I could hear low growls coming from inside. I have heard sounds before from this cave, but have never crawled in there.......don't think I will either:)

post-193-0-42096600-1453131311_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-76591100-1453131334_thumb.jpg

BFF Patron

Perfect hiking weather.......Wolfy gave a good chase after something yesterday, sounded big, and possibly left this track way shown with 2 prints. It appeared to run down the little trail above the cave where the wolf is sniffing, and disappeared inside. When I got down in there, I could hear low growls coming from inside. I have heard sounds before from this cave, but have never crawled in there.......don't think I will either:)

Sounds like the perfect place to hide a game camera. See what is using the cave.

There is a worn trail coming down the slope to the low side on the right, and Lulu was sniffing all over the place, but wouldn't go in. It was my tough as nails Rat Terrier that went in there and got the critter growling, had to yell at her to come out.......not sure what was in there, but had healthy lungs. I have found BF tracks in and around this place for years, including the ones shown above. They are using the pool and water source, probably the cave too. This is a unique place, and believe was formed when the roof caved in long ago, so it's down in a large pit, which stays cooler & wet during the hotter months. I've thought about putting a camera there for sure, but might be to close to home, and wouldn't want to disrupt any patterns:)

Here's Lulu's new buddy Lindy the Conure, amazing bird & smart........Lulu loves nuts, and Lindy feeds her, pretty funny.

post-193-0-15161000-1453137965_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bigtex

BFF Patron

You thought any more about putting a camera on a harness on Wolfy? Gopro has a new camera. Small cube. Gopro Hero4 Session. Just a small cube that is smaller than their other cameras. Only weighs .16 LBS You do that and you got a 4 pawed BF seeking autonomous drone!

That's a great idea, and was already on my 'wish list' after you mentioned before......Santa passed me by this year, but will be getting one soon.

• 1 month later...
Guest TexasTracker

I'm in central Texas, but do not see the previous posts??

Disregard, I've got it !!!

Edited by TexasTracker

Hey zman1967.......doing well and thank you.

Yeah, I should start posting again, got about 2 months worth of some crazy stuff to post:)

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

We've had a fair amount of Spring rain for once, haven't really had any the past 5-6 years due to the draught we had.......and causing a delightful smorgesborg of tracks from all the critters, especially the Big Lugs:)

The 4 'Bridge' pictures were fresh prints of at least 2 individuals that Lulu the Wolf was chasing under 'The Funnel' bridge, and mentioned before. The one larger print titled 'Wet Print' was still filling with water when I trotted up on it.......we were close that day. Only heard 2 noises from their hasty retreat, and saw the Wolf about 10 minutes later down trail........sometimes I think she is interacting with the locals.

post-193-0-91380400-1457975083_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-15045900-1457975178_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-81962000-1457975787_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-50965300-1457975817_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-32765300-1457975826_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-15122500-1457975850_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-92897500-1457975877_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-98308200-1457975898_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-75282600-1457975918_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-14118800-1457975950_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-88175300-1457975965_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-42420700-1457975980_thumb.jpg

Thanks Bigtex--I always enjoy your reports. Can't get much closer than prints still filling with water! I know you've flushed them from their quarters a few times. Have you ever witnessed any aggressive behavior following? Whether growls or trees being pushed down, or? Or conversely, any gifts left for you or other signs of acknowledgement? It seems you are playing a sort of "hide and seek" game with these guys. I imagine that if they REALLY did not like having their siestas interrupted they would let you know it.

Thanks for sharing your pics!

GK

BFF Patron

You thought any more about putting a camera on Lulu on some sort of harness?     I hope she is not being too aggressive with them or she could get hurt.  

• gigantor unlocked and featured this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic