Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Hey GK.......haven't had any aggressive verbal responses when Lulu the Wolf is tracking & chasing them, almost seems to be a game, but I NEVER take her out there at night. I've had plenty of aggressive behavior, but usually at night. The locals surely must know when I'm out there before I ever get out of my truck, which makes unmistakable sound with the 383 Stroker motor going through headers and smaller mufflers:) 

There is one particular hidden spot that I go to often, as it has a small spring-feed pool that holds water even in the hotter months, and a needed oasis for Lulu and Duncan. There is a nice sitting stone there, and I often chill for 10 or 15 minutes while the pups drink and stand in the water to cool off, shown in the first picture. This sitting stone has become the gift stone. Here are the last two gifts; first, the tip of a really cool fossilized tooth, and second, a beautiful rock, with half of it Quartz, and both left on my sitting stone. I left a Bigfoot Action Figure to get the tooth, and a bag of Beef Jerky for the Quartz. Also, took the dehydrator pack out of the jerky bag the other day, and set by the 'Wet Print' above to get some scale, forgot to mention that in last post. 

post-193-0-77285500-1458231898_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-57318500-1458231910_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-45560600-1458231919_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-15498800-1458231931_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-55725400-1458231947_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-10978000-1458231959_thumb.jpg

Good trades ;) And very cool ones, at that.

Would be interesting to know if quartz like that is found locally, or had to come from some distance.

Have fun!

I've seen Quartz around, but not in that immediate are......the tooth was way cool for sure. And of course I leave Jack Links Beef Jerky:)

No kidding BTW.......trying to figure out if this was a land or sea critter, this part of Texas was a shallow sea once upon a time. If anyone knows about this sorta thing, please chime in.

I did look up teeth. It could be reptilian, but it could also be from a toothed whale. Very similar teeth.

Here's a size 9-Wide from the other day.......I parked at a usual place way out in the boonies, and took a lead trail into the woods about 50 yards. From there, many possible hikes to consider, and went for the long lazy loop along several different creeks on this day. There's a large Fire Ant nest at my 50 yard trail head - which I avoid - and it was clear when I started, but noticed a fresh print in the nest on my return, and was headed the same direction as I was in the beginning. Can't really see in the pic, but the lil buggers are crawling around everywhere in and around the print. Guess we were being followed, but why step in the dang nest?

post-193-0-70576600-1458745150_thumb.jpg

You know....while out on a very remote mountain trail in E. Alabama this past Feb., I came to a blow-down across the trail that was diverting foot traffic. As I was clearing it away I noticed a big (but w/in human range) print off to one side, right smack-dab in the middle of a fire ant's mound.  I was not able to tell if the foot that made it was shod, or not, but I remember thinking to myself, "Why would somebody choose to do that, if it was deliberate?" It was not like you couldn't have avoided doing it very easily if it wasn't. Strangeness abounds out there, as always.

Interesting WSA.......I've stepped in them before on purpose just to watch them go nuts and boil out of the nest, and if you do it quick enough, they won't get on you. Maybe they just like to watch the same thing.

BFF Patron

I just got over a bang on my front porch a few minutes ago.    When you live in the country that is not a good thing.    Fortunately it was FedEx.    I probably should have had gun in hand but knew the door was locked.  

Considering the time you spend out there, and them knowing that YOU know, I see it as more of a gift, than anything. "Hey, you are looking for us. Next time, look behind you!" Bunch of wise guys...

I mean, they could have just as easily have followed you without giving their secret away. Just one new method of engagement. Very cool!

• Upvote 1

• gigantor unlocked and featured this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic