New 2-Hour Special Coming To History Channel

bf2011HBMay

Guest tracker

Sounds good, I cancelled my sat service too much of the same thing on every channel. Maybe someone will rip and burn it for me. pleaaaaase? :)

Well I just checked and I can't find it on History Channel here in Canada tonight. But that doesn't surprise me as thsi country has a habit of not showing stuff that does not have Canadian content.

Guest squatchrider

I will be watching Bigfoot:The Definitive Guide tonight at 8pm Central time on the History Channel. I am not expecting brilliance I just hope they make it interesting and intelligent.

Dang missed the first few minutes of it! So far, I am shocked by how much it has focused on the relict homin/human ideas...such a departure from the usual rehashed ape/giganto stuff. All of the talk of Heidelbergensis seems unreasonably presumptuous to me, but <shrug>. Maybe I missed the ape stuff early on...

I want to see unaired roundtable excerpts, if they exist...I bet that got interesting!

It was pretty good even so it was odd that went off on this wild man theory, it seem more like filler because even if true it would only explain certain sightings in one area of Canada.

Man, the History channel is such a rag these days. I have a bit of a soft spot for it because they have occasionally employed my brother in their actual reenactments, but so much of it is barely 1.5 steps above Weekly World News it's become hard to watch otherwise. I hope it's worth your time.

OMG! I MISSED BAT BOY!!!!!!!

Dang, gonna have to troll the tube to see it. I have netflix instead of the hundred dollar tv. We ain't exactly cutting edge current on there....

I agree that the one theory about the wild man shaman was really pretty silly and could account for very little. Hairyman (Kathy Strain) did a good job of debunking (commenting) on that theory I thought.

I found theories of it being Heidelbergensis descendent to be really interesting in that for me it really demonstrated a turnaround in the bigfoot community that they would even consider the possibilty. I remember not so many years ago my brother Bob and I were accused of having "romantic" notions trying to humanize what was an obvious ape when we suggested it might be descended from H. erectus or close relative.

There were some little annoying mistakes. For example, they stated that Meldrum had the original cast from the footprint that Shipton photographed. Obvioulsy he modeled that after the photograph (I am assuming that to be the case. As it went through reports, it sometimes changed them slightly though I guess they figured they had some "dramatic" licence as well as shortening the story.

I thought they gave to much credence to the reporter who "trashed" Roger Patterson but in the interest of putting it all out there I suppose I shouldn't complain too much. I found the theory that they adapt to moonlight to be lacking. The eye shine in so many reports seems to me to argue for a greater adaptation but I realize that would be hard for them to suggest since it is somethng that would apparently have to adapt quickly.

I didn't know about the 12 thousand year old Heidelbergensis that Meldrum mentioned. To me, this was astounding information. I can't wait to find out more about this.

The video of the Billi Ape left me confused because I hadn't seen that and I am still unsure what it is. I thought it was a terrestrial type of giant chimp, then it was a hoax, then it was a subspecies, and now I don't know what to think.

Overall I thought it was an unusually entertaining and provocative show. It is nice to have a group of pretty smart and articulate scientists discussing bigfoot so positively.

There were a few things in there that I had not heard regarding some of the hominid finds as mentioned above.

I also appreciated how they looked at sighting reports before the PGF, there were many more than I thought. They left out South America, Australia, and Africa.I thought that was a big oversight to leave out whole continents with a history of reports in order to try to establish some kind of trend in habitat. I guess the reason for leaving Africa out was because of mis-identification with gorillas? I don't know, I couldn't figure that one out.

I wasn't buying that most of the sightings in the PNW were some kind of 10 year NA shaman ritual. Even if it were, the NA people participating in this would speak to witnesses in order to avoid getting shot. I can't see these folks stalking campers either unless they had a death wish. I'm not buying that this is some kind relic Neanderthal because I can't see them loosing tool and fire making abilities unless there has been de-evolution as opposed to evolution....there are theories out there regarding this.

They seemed to have a balanced panel. I wasn't wow'ed with anything dramatically new, at least not to me, but it was probably new information to the majority of viewers who aren't into bigfoot.

SSR Team

We have a youtube already from Mr May, thank you Sir..

Now i'm dying for the next 110 mins.. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpI1tbcsfxU

There were a few things in there that I had not heard regarding some of the hominid finds as mentioned above.

I also appreciated how they looked at sighting reports before the PGF, there were many more than I thought. They left out South America, Australia, and Africa.I thought that was a big oversight to leave out whole continents with a history of reports in order to try to establish some kind of trend in habitat. I guess the reason for leaving Africa out was because of mis-identification with gorillas? I don't know, I couldn't figure that one out.

I wasn't buying that most of the sightings in the PNW were some kind of 10 year NA shaman ritual. Even if it were, the NA people participating in this would speak to witnesses in order to avoid getting shot. I can't see these folks stalking campers either unless they had a death wish. I'm not buying that this is some kind relic Neanderthal because I can't see them loosing tool and fire making abilities unless there has been de-evolution as opposed to evolution....there are theories out there regarding this.

They seemed to have a balanced panel. I wasn't wow'ed with anything dramatically new, at least not to me, but it was probably new information to the majority of viewers who aren't into bigfoot.

I find it hard to believe that there that many NA shamans out there....

I find it hard to believe that there that many NA shamans out there....

Admin

and probably even fewer with a 14"+ feet :lol: