New 2-Hour Special Coming To History Channel

bf2011HBMay

How is Meldrum's name right there with the theory that bigfoot could be a shaman?

Who said the four other scientists were experts on anything related to bigfoot? You said they were four "nobodies" and I stated that they are hardly nobodies. No one is idolizating any scientist, I don't even know where you got that from my post.

Watched it last night on YouTube. I have to say it's pretty much what I expected, but I still enjoyed it. I agree with others, the shaman theory is pretty far out there, even considering that there are UFO theories and alternate dimension theories. IMO the shaman theory is harder to believe than most of the paranormal theories.

I think what I would have enjoyed more, was a bit more actual discussion from all the experts, rather than minor opinions on clips that were shown, here and there, then cut to more clips, then back for someone elses opinion on some other evidence / clips etc. Hearing all those experts in actual discussion would have been pretty interesting to me.

Where on YouTube can I locate this program? Thanks :D

HA!

Well, Dr. Meldrum was sitting at the same table, unless they just cut in a clip making it look like he was trying to suppress a laugh........

Don't interrupt Fenris in his demonization of Dr. Meldrum. He believes he's on a roll.

It's not the good Doctor that I demonize, just the blind veneration of him...... swing and a miss

Its well and fine to apply science to a specimen, but until we have one its all guesswork.

It's not the good Doctor that I demonize, just the blind veneration of him...... swing and a miss

Its well and fine to apply science to a specimen, but until we have one its all guesswork.

Isn't much of anthropology guesswork - educated guesswork? We "know" what Woman X looked like from a fingerbone. I think it's safe to say there are no eyewitness reports or film of her. With sasquatch we have plently of reports and no bone. If and when one is found I doubt the reconstruction will look much like a lizard, or an elephant.

I think Dr. Meldrum has done a very good job of reaching the public, but blind veneration? I applaud him for sticking his neck out and investigating and appearing on national TV. He may not always be right, but his calm demeanor may show some that not everyone who thinks there's something to this is a wild-eyed fanatic.

• Upvote 1

What? We're not all wild eyed fanatics? :P

However, you raised a very good point. Sincere investigators go a long way towards making people sit up, and TAKE NOTICE. One day a Bigfoot will be discovered, possibly killed by a car, or shot by a hunter. Then the world will know that "they" are real. However, a little bit of magic and mystery will be lost that day.. :(

What? We're not all wild eyed fanatics? :P

However, you raised a very good point. Sincere investigators go a long way towards making people sit up, and TAKE NOTICE. One day a Bigfoot will be discovered, possibly killed by a car, or shot by a hunter. Then the world will know that "they" are real. However, a little bit of magic and mystery will be lost that day.. :(

True, but Patterson and Green and others thought the mystery would be solved in months and instead we've had decades more to wonder and argue about it. We can count ourselves lucky - I think.:unsure:

Guest COGrizzly

Good golly! What a throwback! Is - that - you - longtabber???

Guest Thepattywagon

I could have sworn I detected a slight smirk on Meldrum's face a couple of times. He must have felt like he was in the finals of the World Series of Poker, trying to keep a straight face with some of what was being put on that table.

I could have sworn I detected a slight smirk on Meldrum's face a couple of times. He must have felt like he was in the finals of the World Series of Poker, trying to keep a straight face with some of what was being put on that table.

I saw that too. Of course, shamans-in-training (especially on stilts) might account for some sightings in some areas but I think Rink's NEW "theory" was something of a hook to get us old timers interested in yet another MQ sort of show. I admit I was on the edge of my seat - until after the commercial.

The Woman X as possible Almasty was really interesting and I hadn't even thought of that.

Isn't much of anthropology guesswork - educated guesswork? We "know" what Woman X looked like from a fingerbone. I think it's safe to say there are no eyewitness reports or film of her. With sasquatch we have plently of reports and no bone. If and when one is found I doubt the reconstruction will look much like a lizard, or an elephant.

I think Dr. Meldrum has done a very good job of reaching the public, but blind veneration? I applaud him for sticking his neck out and investigating and appearing on national TV. He may not always be right, but his calm demeanor may show some that not everyone who thinks there's something to this is a wild-eyed fanatic.

maybe thats the thing, yes hes brave for engaging the subject publicly but for me it seems theres a tendency to assume the rightness of what he says because HE said it. All information should be questioned. Thats my point.

Then the world will know that "they" are real. However, a little bit of magic and mystery will be lost that day.. :(

Yes, I sadly suspect you to be right about that.