Most Respected Researcher?

OK....I'll start the list off.

Meldrum, Ketchum, Fahrenbach, Krantz (deceased), Derek Randle and the Olympic Project team, in no particular order, and omitting many.

A much more interesting question is who is the least respected! :D

Mike

From what I have learned on here,that is a decent sized list,I could name a few to get you started, Derrick Randles, Cliff Barackman, are great field guys, Bipedalist, southernyahoo, imonocan,steenburg......the list goes on and on really, there are some really good people out there.

I agree Mike, but, that would probably get us in trouble pretty fast,sometimes the worst,are also the worst complainers.

Guest wudewasa

SquatchingOne,

There are MANY unsung heroes that are good researchers. Some wish to fly under the radar, while others are relegated and belittled by others, so said researchers just do what they want to and stay out of the drama.

Mike G,

A "least respected" thread would turn into a full out flame war and ultimately would be shut down.

• Upvote 1

There are MANY unsung heroes that are good researchers.

I agree, and many are not on this board... including the folks that mentored me personally.

John C. , I'm flattered you would include me, and thanks.. but I don't belong on any list like that. I'm somewhere lost in the middle of it all. I have not even gotten out enough this or last year, to call myself one. Hope that will change. Can't do much here on the internet. I do agree with the others that you listed, and respect them.. as well as the ones Mike G lists, as well.

edited to remove any names

Edited by imonacan

BFF Patron

Well, John C, thanks for the shout out; I'm flattered/humbled, but my research is very confined and regional---not national in scope; nor do I personally desire (or can afford) to go that route..... (though I do enjoy a vacation to learn about new topography when I can).

I'm happy with the results that I have been able to obtain though and hope I have been able to help other researchers/searchers by targeting what I can share with those that it can help to elucidate and elaborate in the field of audio capture anyways.

There are many conundrums that I don't understand about the subject based on experience and research. I guess my paucity of tangible physical evidence collected beyond elaborate stick formations and audio is one of the most confounding.

Is there a thread on the Utah Evidence Seminar yesterday btw I was not able to tune in or attend?

Personally, (I agree with the above selections) and I think Thom Powell and Cliff Barackman along with Meldrum, Mionczynski, Bindernagel and some of the trackers such as Leigh Culver and a whole host of Georgia researchers (or former ones such as Matt Pruitt) too numerous to name, have had an impact.

A fellow with a screen name of Monogahela (sp?) is a personal favorite and has his own blog with auditory evidence. Almost forgot the TexLa group and our own southernyahoo. Seems like Branco has done some exemplary work in long-term field studies as well. And, some Alabama folks (yeah, I'm a true southerner, not apologetic).

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

Branco, Billy Willard, Chris Noel,ChrisBFRKY, Dudlow, Indiefoot, Big Tex, Imonacan, JohnT.,Watch1 all people who are above reproach, and pricelessly ethical.

Monogahela has some of the best recordings on the internet.

I have always steered away from the big names as publicity/power corrupts everyone over time but I do have a soft spot for Thom Powell and Bobby Short. :D

I would just like to add, that this gentleman has reached out beyond group barriers ( which sometimes.. sets up unneeded roadblocks, in this research...IMHO) to help and assist many that have gathered interesting audio, as well as shown us techniques on how to better monitor and analyse our own audio files... in addition to recording some very interesting audio, himself (as Grayjay has already mentioned).

Every name mentioned here in this thread, is A - OK with me. Some of the bigger name researchers, have just been at this interest longer, and are actually very humble folks, that have had there names out there longer.. much of the time, taking a lot of heat for putting it out there. Everyone.. has something to add to this field ( even if it all can't be proven yet ), as long as it can be something positive. Corrective critique, can also be positive.. as long as it can be kept civil, and not made personal.

edited to exclude Biscardi as A- OK with me.. . lol

Edited by imonacan

Do you have a link, I'd like to hear those.

Tom Biscardi....because he touched, felt and fondled one.

Ewwwww!

BFF Patron

Do you have a link, I'd like to hear those.

It's called Sasquatch Bioacoustic

Sasquatch Bioacoustic

http://sasquatchbioa...kman-clips.html

His screen name is Monongahela (I know his actually name but don't share that; it's left up to him and your

own contacts and familiarity with him).

Edited by grayjay
replaced link