Most Respected Researcher?

Wow ! There are a great many eh. I'd have to go with Green, Dahinden, Byrne, Meldrum, Bindernagel, Krantz, P/G, Steenburg, Noll, etc. an etc., after the first two, in no particular order...kinda sorta. I also respect a great many who post here.

Many respected an many appreciated least for me, in my opinion...to those before, to those here now, an to those to come... :drinks:

Thank You !

Pat...

Moneymaker.

Well, he apparently DOES live up to his name.... :whistle:

Tom Biscardi....because he touched, felt and fondled one.

Yeah, 'ol Carmine could have his own tv show: FINDING COSTUME.... ;)

Edited by Kite-Squatch

Guest TexasTracker

Just my two cents... Meldrum, Green, Dahinden, Bindernagel, Kranz, Byrne..... Those guys for blazing the trail

others currently shaping things: Pretty much everyone involved with the OP, agruably the strongest research team ever put together.

Alton Higgins and a few others with the TBRC (being nice here), they have some GREAT work.

I agree Branco has DECADES of solid work under his belt

Many, many independants out there doing for themselves, not for the $$$

TT

Guest Patty3

I think they're all too opinionated for their proffesion and I can't stand Alton Higgins for obvious reasons.

Guest tracker

Yes some very respectable names past and present but I have to ask. How many of them have had a sighting(s) or encounter(s) and even better filmed it??

With that said hands down it's Roger and Bob. All others are followers of what they accomplished.

JMO, T

............... I should write a book with some of the stories I could tell! Or....be paid to keep quiet.... ;)

hm, now thats a book (or thread,hint hint) that id be interested in reading.

nothing like a good ol' "behind the scenes" story on what really makes things tick. ;)

I just read in another thread how some guy claims to have been watching a family of bigfoot who frequent his property and have for years. Yet, oddly enough, when he started trying to get pictures they suddenly became ellusive! Even though he stated they had accepted him as not being a threat. No way! You can tell what 'researchers' are legitimately taking a serious and honest look at this mystery and those who make claims that are totally unrealistic. If all the reports I have read of researchers with multiple sightings or intimate knowledge of Bigoot areas or behavior were remotely accurate...this mystery would have been put to bed years ago.

Cheers

I will pick top respected deceased as my top five as hopefully less folks will disrespect them since they are dead them now in any order. Roger Patterson, Grover Krantz, Rene Dahinden, Bob Titmus and Paul Freeman (deserves much more respect)

If all the reports I have read of researchers with multiple sightings or intimate knowledge of Bigoot areas or behavior were remotely accurate...this mystery would have been put to bed years ago.

The folks whose reports are more than "remotely accurate" have no way to put this "mystery to bed". All they can do is learn more, share it, and leave it up to the skeptics who know nothing about the creatures to dismiss their reports as fabrications. Same old stuff.

Edited by Branco

BFF Patron

Yep, that remote accuracy may someday reach the threshold required of skeptics, scoftics, researchers and science alike. Likely it won't be done by those simply "reading all the researcher's reports with multiple sightings". Perhaps "intimate knowledge" is in the eye of the beholder---sort of like that evidence versus proof tautology?! :unsure:

Edited by bipedalist

Ray Wallace was not a researcher... But neither was Bob Gimlin.

The most driven - Rene Dahinden

Talked to the most witnesses - John Green

Most world renowned - Peter Bryne

Most scientific - Dr. Grover Krantz

John Green has to be considered the top contender. He got more people involved with the subject than anybody I know of. He has always been very free with the information he has collected. He is very truthful. He isn't secretive, but rather diligent in trying to get the story accurately. He knew everyone, from Biscardi' beginnings with Ivan Marx to Joe Dunn (the first person to photograph one that could be interviewed). He found so many of the early references to the animal that most others could only reiterate his investigations, just re-read their books see for yourself. John has seen tracks, but not the animal. He has seen researchers come and go.

Yeah - Hands down it is John, second would be Rene, and a toss up between Grover and Peter.

Some may think it Roger Patterson. My belief is that as soon as you lose objectivity you lose something in your researching abilities. Forever tainted, kind of like being biased. Roger was short lived. What he collected or researched does not compare to John or Rene. It could be argued that while John was so free with stuff, giving material and evidence away that maybe it should be Rene that is top dog. Rene secreted away all his material. Often times things he collected sunk into a black hole.

As for being respected... Still think John is the man. I don't know of one thing he ever did that wasn't above board. He stands up for what he believes, not wishy-washy and calls a spade a spade when he saw it. Rene and Peter, the same way but would certainly take it to another level John would not even think of.

Rene wanted to be rich.

Peter even more famous, with all the side benefits tat comes with.

Grover posthumously respected with other great scientists, even though his dog and him will be on display for years to come.

John, to get to the bottom of the story.

Edited by damndirtyape

I agree on the overall top choice of John Green as well, can't think of anything but positive things for his contributions and reputation.

The two most respected researchers I can think of are: Peter C. Byrne and Dr. Grover S. Krantz. Both took a calm, collective, open-minded journey through the world of Sasquatch research. And although Rene Dahinden and John Green were both great investigators and eyewitness interviewers, Dahinden was short-tempered and foul mouthed and Green was impatient, cranky and had a notorious sour grapes attitude toward the search.

Guest BFseeker

First off good question. For me in no particular order, Dennis Pfohl, Patterson, Green, Bindernagel, Meldrum, Freeman, Matt Pruitt, Gimlin, Byrne. There are others too such as Derek Randles, Alton Higgins, Paulides, James Faye, Cliff Barackman, Ketchum, even Matt Moneymaker. And probably hundreds more. All have done or are doing great things for the Bigfoot research world. Each have done something weather it be collect evidence, take reports, innovate technics, blaze new trails, bring awareness, bring credibility, or build a database of sightings. All things have contributed. Even the unknown small time researchers who invest time in the woods and gather data contribute. So to me this is a great question that is not easily answered.