Is Bigfoot A Ghost? How About: From Another Planet?

Well, when two were shot a couple of years ago and chunks of flesh recovered, that would sort of rule out ghosts.

Why on earth does anyone applaud "out-of-the-box" thinking which is in fact the complete opposite? It is far easier to rely on magic and aliens as the answer for every unsolved mystery than to rely on critical thinking and actually work out the real answer. For goodness sake, if it's made of flesh and blood and lives on earth, it is a flesh and blood earth creature which evolved in exactly the same way as every other living thing on the planet.

There's a great book that purveyors of the supernatural should read. "Paranormality: Why we see stuff that isn't there" by Prof Richard Wiseman

Mike

Guest Transformer

Well, when two were shot a couple of years ago and chunks of flesh recovered, that would sort of rule out ghosts.

Mike

You speak as though this is a fact and I thought that there was no actual proof except a bit of a convoluted story/timeline and some unidentified flesh. Why do you espouse this as a fact when there is no evidence to prove that it is a fact? One day it might be shown to be a fact but that is certainly not something I would hold my breath for.

For goodness sake, if it's made of flesh and blood and lives on earth, it is a flesh and blood earth creature which evolved in exactly the same way as every other living thing on the planet.

This is not, to me, thus black / white, as-certain-as-it-is-that-night-follows-day, self-evident.

Concur that there look to be too many instances of bigfoot being solidly, physically there, to fit with what ghosts are conventionally reckoned to be like. But; bigfoot seem so astoundingly fleeting and elusive. Rarely and usually briefly seen; footprints / tracks found, but rarely, and at times apparently commencing / ending randomly; no dead bigfoot, or bigfoot remains, ever convincingly brought to light. To me, bigfoot’s being an entity which is at times physically here on earth, but only some of the time; is in the light of the data which we have, more credible than its being a straightforward flesh-and-blood earth creature, but a mind-bogglingly elusive one.

The least improbable notion, to me, is that there is in play something which is outside of present-day human knowledge – aliens involved? in some way, the realms of the spirit? hopping between dimensions? – who knows? If opining this, is lazy, and breaking the rules of the game by not insisting “if it exists, it has got to be a purely-flesh-and-blood creatureâ€; then charge me with those offences. And I think it unlikely that reading Prof. Wiseman’s book, would convert me.

So, you would suggest that a hairy animal that runs around in the woods without tools and fire has managed to accomplish something that humans, with incredibly powerful engineering and science, have failed to do........travel through time or to some mythical other dimension?

Why would you think that more logical or likely than that they are just extremely stealthy?

Mike

Guest Twilight Fan

Mike - I have to ask you something. From someone who is such a logical/critical thinker, how can you possibly believe someone who claims to have shot two Bigfoots and you say flesh was recovered???? Why do you think this? If flesh from the animal was recovered, science would DNA test it and it would be big breaking news. I never heard of such news in my 20 something years of being alive, so kindly tell us, just what you're talking about?

So, you would suggest that a hairy animal that runs around in the woods without tools and fire has managed to accomplish something that humans, with incredibly powerful engineering and science, have failed to do........travel through time or to some mythical other dimension?

Why would you think that more logical or likely than that they are just extremely stealthy?

I'd take it that they wouldn't have accomplished it by themselves: that they would -- sorry if this is a cliche -- be part of something (whatever it might be) else / bigger, that was going on.

.........how can you possibly believe someone who claims to have shot two Bigfoots and you say flesh was recovered???? Why do you think this? ......

Lots of reading TF!!

....and some leaks about the Ketchum report.

I don't think too many seriously doubt that the shooting happened, but there remain questions about what really happened in the aftermath. As for the proof........well, we just have to wait.....endlessly it seems........for the Ketchum paper to be published. I'm betting on Friday this week.

Mike

Edited by MikeG

Guest Twilight Fan

As other posters on the thread you linked said, "I highly doubt there is any dead Bigfoot" and I must say, I agree with them. The proof is in the pudding, and until that pudding is served...I would never believe something like that. (Facts speak louder than claims!)

If flesh from the animal was recovered, science would DNA test it and it would be big breaking news. I never heard of such news in my 20 something years of being alive, so kindly tell us, just what you're talking about?

I must admit there are times I, too, wish I remained blissfully unaware of the Ketchum report and its hundred-page threads.

Edited by Incorrigible1

Guest Bipedal Ape

I found a random bit of meat in the woods from the flying spaghetti monster I shot last week. I will have it sent off for DNA analysis.

Guest Bipedal Ape

Yes the whole story is ridiculous. From a Bigfoot waving its arms, to shooting a kid point blank, to leaving the scene without so much as a picture from a cell phone. And then returning and finding some random flesh. Ridiculous.

When I was young, " 7ish" I watched a documentary called "Bigfoot.. Man Or Beast" I believed everything after I saw the Patterson footage! I was hooked! I would watch every movie documentary about BF going forward. I would pick up every book at the library that was related. Would see him in my dreams some scary. Since then, I've search some areas where there have been sightings... Mohican/Columbiana/ Ect only in Ohio. Alot of over night camps & a whole lotta hikes l8r.... No tracks/ no evidence, nothing heard ..... That was out of the ordinary... Along with the zillion hoaxes since then. & no concrete evidence especially in our advanced world today. It just doesn't sound/seem real anymore. So... I believed at one time.... But, Not anymore .... So I decided to jump on BFF to dig deeper... Maybe one day I can reclaim my beliefs.

That's why

You sound a lot like me in a way, Skeptic. I kind of want to believe they exist, and I did growing up as a child. I still watch a lot of shows about them and I read plenty of cryptozoology books (with pictures and eyewitness accounts) as a kid. Even if I'm not sure whether he's real, I still find the subject of "mystery creatures" very fascinating!

Welcome very much to the BFF, S4L. This is very much for us...

89614c6b150119220.jpg

I think for myself the words "I want to accept" are more appropriate because I accept things based on there being reliable evidence for them, which does not exist for Bigfoot.

Now this is for you as a welcome gift (and because you said that was your first Bigfoot documnetaries and it's one of my all time favourites)...

I'll post two, actually, since you might be referring to either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp-bD_Kjor8&feature=related

Not believing in Bigfoot in no way hampers my enjoyment of it as a fun myth. As for Bigfoot and aliens, hello, and welcome to Bigfootery...

Bigfoot is everywhere yet nowhere...

BFSightingsNAT8.jpg

Alien visitors are everywhere yet nowhere...

ufsi3.jpg

Wow, those are similar.

The UFO sightings are not showing for Canada and Mexico because the map is for American sightings.

That is what a social construct looks like and that is what Bigfootery has created.

Mike

"Logic & likely" has nothing to do with reality.

People think something can't be possible because (to them) it isn't logical, wheras it might be perfectly logical to someone who has had different experiences.