Is Bigfoot A Ghost? How About: From Another Planet?

Guest parnassus

Bigfootery has moved beyond a social construct. It has become an economic engine, fueled by the social construct, the internet, and the mass media. It's boom time for bigfoot writers. David Paulides book will probably be the next to exploit the faith.

p.

My theory is BF evolved here naturally and is not a ghost. BF may seem like a ghost since we can't capture it, but we will get one someday by road kill, hunters, finding a baby, or a wandering sick one.

The other question is where did we come from? What did Caucasians, Chinese, Blacks, Indians, Arabs....and so on....evolve from?

If we evolved here naturally, then how can we explain so many distinct races of people that look so different.

Have you ever looked at the earth like a petri dish and someone watches the development? By the way a petri dish is what biologist grow bacteria in and they spread out over a growing medium. What do you think?

"Logic & likely" has nothing to do with reality. People think something can't be possible because (to them) it isn't logical, wheras it might be perfectly logical to someone who has had different experiences.

Pray share with us, Sasfooty.

There are 4,600 odd mammal species on the planet, every single one of which lives, eats, breathes and dies without recourse to magic. If you've got evidence of one that doesn't obey those normal rules, or even experience of one, how about enlightening us? If you can't or won't, you will forgive those of us who would respectfully take the position that any suggestion of paranormal is an entirely human construct, won't you?

Mike

geo- I agree. With how life evolved/was created, I think we (as a race) still have a lot to learn about species, diversity, and the global effects and results of environmental changes.

It's already shown that there are pockets of unique species all across the planet, above and below the water. It is really hard telling what/how things have become the way they are. There are some pretty sound theories, and proven ones, but it certainly isn't all inclusive.

As a great artist once sang..."There's a big old goofy man dancing with a big old goofy girl. Ooh baby it's a big old goofy world."

-John Prine-

The other question is where did we come from? What did Caucasians, Chinese, Blacks, Indians, Arabs....and so on....evolve from? If we evolved here naturally, then how can we explain so many distinct races of people that look so different.

We evolved from a common ancestor in Africa, then diverged as we spread around the world, met different conditions, and developed distinct cultures. Many large or diverse populations of all sorts of creatures show regional variations, and this can lead to speciation. It would be far more peculiar if we were all the same, given our varied histories.

Mike

Edited by MikeG

Cotter: Funny you should say that...........late last night after a few drinks, my wife and I did this big ol' goofy dance in the kitchen while this radio station played our favorite soul songs from 1960 LA where my wife is from. We did a goofy ol' soul dance around our dark kitchen while the dogs watched in question!

MikeG, you are very logical................but losen up just a bit and consider other possibilities. I can see why the Snow Lepoard is whitish and the African Leopard has a yellow tinge to hide in yellow grass. These color differences probably took place as animals spread to different environments.

Why on earth are Caucasians pink colored, Indians Red, Africans black..............this makes no sense to me since there appears to be no distinct survival advantage for these color traits.

What common direct ancestor has be assigned to the Homo Sapien line of creatures? We have Leaky's Australiopithicus sp? but it is pretty primitive.

Edited by georgerm

@ MikeG -

I think that a lot of things begin as 'paranormal' (meaning outside the norm) during the timeframe of which they are perceived, but through time, learning, and testing, such things are explained.

It's a perception issue. If it is perceived as unexplained, then it's paranormal. Is it TRULY paranormal? No, but at the time it is.

For instance, let's say that 'ghosts' are proven scientifically that they are indeed a manifestation of left over human energy, can be tracked, measured, etc. Right now that's paranormal.....but in reality, maybe we lack the understanding and metrology of truly identifiying and measuring one.

Anyway.....

Pray share with us, Sasfooty.

If you can't or won't, you will forgive those of us who would respectfully take the position that any suggestion of paranormal is an entirely human construct, won't you?

Mike

Well, certainly I will. Consider yourself forgiven. ;)

Why on earth are Caucasians pink colored, Indians Red, Africans black..............this makes no sense to me since there appears to be no distinct survival advantage for these color traits.

What common direct ancestor has be assigned to the Homo Sapien line of creatures? We have Leaky's Australiopithicus sp? but it is pretty primitive.

Consider the effects of Melanin......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanin

Welcome very much to the BFF, S4L. This is very much for us...

89614c6b150119220.jpg

I think for myself the words "I want to accept" are more appropriate because I accept things based on there being reliable evidence for them, which does not exist for Bigfoot.

Now this is for you as a welcome gift (and because you said that was your first Bigfoot documnetaries and it's one of my all time favourites)...

I'll post two, actually, since you might be referring to either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp-bD_Kjor8&feature=related

Not believing in Bigfoot in no way hampers my enjoyment of it as a fun myth. As for Bigfoot and aliens, hello, and welcome to Bigfootery...

Bigfoot is everywhere yet nowhere...

BFSightingsNAT8.jpg

Alien visitors are everywhere yet nowhere...

ufsi3.jpg

Wow, those are similar.

The UFO sightings are not showing for Canada and Mexico because the map is for American sightings.

That is what a social construct looks like and that is what Bigfootery has created.

Wow! Never thought I'd see that again... Thx man!

MikeG, you are very logical................but losen up just a bit and consider other possibilities. I can see why the Snow Lepoard is whitish and the African Leopard has a yellow tinge to hide in yellow grass. These color differences probably took place as animals spread to different environments.

There are two ways that variations are selected for..........natural selection and sexual selection. In natural selection it is survival of the fittest......in sexual selection, the individuals with the highest breeding success are not chosen by their mortality, but by their ability to attract a mate.

So, traits you see in humans and in other animals are not exclusively survival advantages.....they can be breeding advantages. In some aspects, we are the way we are because our women selected that look.

Skin colour does of course have a function, as does body shape. Silly fragile pink skin can only have evolved in latitudes where the sun was weak. Tall thin people evolved in hot climates to help lose heat, and short fat shapes were selected in the coldest regions where retaining heat is important. It's all simple stuff, and very well understood.

Mike

Edited by MikeG

There seems no consistency between Mike G's hard-nosed belief in the rational scientific method and his touching faith in the unreliable testimony of others.

quote name='Incorrigible1' timestamp='1330454101' post='566314']

Consider the effects of Melanin......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanin

This property enables melanin to dissipate more than 99.9% of the absorbed UV radiation as heat[6] (see photoprotection). This prevents the indirect DNA damage that is responsible for the formation of malignant melanoma and other skin cancers.

This begins to provide an explanation to my question and very interesting. Wow, ..........DNA damage...........don't want that.

MikeG

Interesting and thoughtful reply. thanks

Do we know how the two factors came into play as humans were theorized to spread across the earth. Was skin color mostly sexual or was it enviromnental?

"The most common form of biological melanin is eumelanin, a brown-black polymer of dihydroxyindole carboxylic acids, and their reduced forms. All melanins are derivatives of polyacetylene. Most are derived from the amino acid tyrosine. Another common form of melanin is pheomelanin, a cysteine-containing red-brown polymer of benzothiazine units largely responsible for red hair and freckles. " There's much we don't know or understand which leaves room for different theories."

Can you disprove that we evolved from a planet or planets other than earth with most of our DNA intact. Did the compound dihydroxyindole carboxylic acids evolve in humans from a planet other than earth? We as humans are not and will never be in the "know".................When we think we are in the "know", then something comes along to prove we really arn't.....................

There are two ways that variations are selected for..........natural selection and sexual selection. In natural selection it is survival of the fittest......in sexual selection, the individuals with the highest breeding success are not chosen by their mortality, but by their ability to attract a mate.

So, traits you see in humans and in other animals are not exclusively survival advantages.....they can be breeding advantages. In some aspects, we are the way we are because our women selected that look.

Skin colour does of course have a function, as does body shape. Silly fragile pink skin can only have evolved in latitudes where the sun was weak. Tall thin people evolved in hot climates to help lose heat, and short fat shapes were selected in the coldest regions where retaining heat is important. It's all simple stuff, and very well understood.

Mike

humans spread across the earth. for dark skinned Arabs who look different from the dark skinned Africans.............was it environmental or sexual.