Are We Going About This All Wrong?

Bonehead74

jodie, this may sound cruel & unusual, but heres a possible alternative ..

get a box of chocolates, save the contents for yourself, then refill it with laxatives.

leave the "baited box" out there with the cigarettes. if its BF in nature, perhaps you'd soon find (& possibly hear) "evidence" to examine nearby.

& if its just some practical joker then you get the last laugh B)

Sounds like "fun" unless they realized that the chocolates were the cause of their little problem. ln that case, she might find some of the "evidence" on the hood of her car or worse.

Don't you ever watch those Jack's Links commercials? :lol:

• Upvote 1

I've left small stuffed toys a few times. One was found by sis after a month of stormy weather and we thought it was pretty strange. The poor little monkey had its ears bitten off, the body was missing, and the head or part of it was ripped under the nose and just gone. Never found it. Empty raisin boxes opened on only one side, still intact but weather beaten. I found 3-4 of those.

A red teddy bear had surgery on its back but dry and clean after at least three terrific rain storms. BTW, teddy bear was found exactly in the spot where I leave the gifts. They placed it on top of the logs and rock just the way I put it there. One thing I'd mention, use brown paper bags. Plastic containers are somewhere? out there but we decided it was better for the land to use natural as possible materials.

good old jack links, :lol: true enough lol, if it was like that it could get messy....

but i had this mental image of her stepping outside for a look while some pervy dude full o' "chocolates" hiding out cant hold it any more & finally bolts away screaming for TP & mercy :spiteful:

Edited by slicktrick

Guest Jodie

Did you ever think of experimenting with sidewalk chalk? It would be interesting to see if something happens with it.

No, but I'm making a trip to Hobby Lobby this week so I'll try picking some up and leaving it out there.

jodie, this may sound cruel & unusual, but heres a possible alternative ..

get a box of chocolates, save the contents for yourself, then refill it with laxatives.

leave the "baited box" out there with the cigarettes. if its BF in nature, perhaps you'd soon find (& possibly hear) "evidence" to examine nearby.

& if its just some practical joker then you get the last laugh B)

Nahhhh, I don't know what dosage to use or what it would do to the sasquatch. If it ends up being a special needs person with no resources hanging around, that would make me feel even worse. Whatever this is , it has been doing this for well over two years now so I don't think it will hurt me, I don't want to be mean.

yes, i see your point, especially if you remotely suspect a special needs person.

but ya gotta admit, if it did turn out to be a perv instead.........:)

maybe a better bet would be containers of finger paint to go with that chalk.......maybe get some prints smeared here & there?

Guest BFSleuth

I ran across letters written by Ray Wallace...

http://www.nabigfootsearch.com/Raywallace.html

... I find his ideas about trying to get film of BF's very interesting. His idea is to use horses to enter the forest because he thinks if you walk on the ground you leave a scent trail, whereas if you are on a horse your scent isn't as apparent. Then set up a blind way up in a tree next to a clearing and wait.

I've been thinking a lot about certain areas I would like to set up either high in a tree or on a cliff with a commanding view of an area that can be searched with binoculars and some really good telephoto lenses. His idea about the horses is a new one to me, but it makes sense (pardon the pun). Any thoughts from folks that have more experience hunting with horses?

if you walk on the ground you do leave a scent trail.

man hunters with blood hounds bank on this regularly.

as a bow hunter, i learned long ago the value of wearing quality knee high rubber boots ( contains human scent better) when going in & out to tree stands & not wearing the same around gas stations or anywhere else foreign, unnatural scents could be picked up.

as for horses, ive no experience there, but can see where it could probably help, unless of course you run up on a BF & the horse panics,bucks & runs for the hills....hi ho silver Away!!! leaving you as the Lone ranger w/ ol' BF

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Could be also that a well-exercised Sasquatch smells a good bit like a well-lathered, sweaty equine .....

so, as a result they tend to let their guard down around that scent..... hanging around high drop-offs, tree-stands and riding a horse would not be the way I'd like to go down with a mean squatch though. I've given that some thought..... horseback might be lowest threat but being cornered at a drop-off or trapped in a tree-stand would not be my idea of enjoyable squatching..... daytime maybe it could work..... nocturnally such approaches would not be on my bucket-list of ways to capture a view of an ADD squatch..... keep thinking back about that sighting of the bowhunter during deer season had a squatch reach up and run his fingers along his razor-tipped arrows..... lol. Can you spell unhappy camper.....

Edited by bipedalist

Perhaps we should be following the advice of someone who arguably had great success attracting a large cryptid.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be,' — she always called me Elwood — 'In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant.' Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

Elwood P. Dowd

Edited by JDL

personally , i prefer the wisdom of elwood.......elwood blues that is

:keeporder: maybe these "men in black" could figure out the right way to go about this ;)

Yes, check the TV and you will see that they do not work.

I have seen NO show on TV that has tried in any kind of sensible fashion see, interact or document the subject animals, but I know many people who have, and some that are presently trying to do it on a grand scale.

branco , thats the sad part of it.

folks watch that "show" & seem to think thats what its all about & how things should be done.

thats all some folks have seen, & the shows are about ratings, not research imo.

todays media leaves a lot to be desired imo.......man, i miss leonard nemoy / in search of.

OMG Slicktrick! I remember that show!!! Waited months for them to feature bigfoot though, but it was usually something cool...UFO's, Lochness monster, Bermuda triangle....I have to wonder...with technology we have, I'm told sattelites can zoom in on a dime-literally, so why can't they scour the wilderness for a sasquatch? I realize it may not be a military/government top priority but why not do it for science??? Anyone have a clip of a sasquatch howl?