Bigfoot And Trains

Guest Jodie

I think that in all seriousness you cannot legitimately say that anyone that has weighed in on this matter in a way that you don't like has not been open minded, yet since you believe that bigfoots ride trains, you label those that don't as close minded.

What some have said is that they don't believe bigfoots ride rains. Some have also expressed why they would think that way. Giving reasons why they wouldn't, or shouldn't, or even couldn't, is a heck of a lot better than no answers as to why, how, and whatever else. You believe they ride trains. Cool. Nobody has said you were goofy in the head for thinking that, right? So why label anyone else as closed minded for having an alternate opinion than you? Why you gotta go there?

I don't have any problem with you Tontar, I enjoyed the debate.

I was speaking in general just as Ghuda was when he said, "I actually find it depressing that so many people have not only entertained this story but appear to believe it. "

I think you misinterpret my point. Mine is that I believe Stan saw what he says he saw because I know the creatures exist. To me, it is not out of the realm of possibility that one got on train. If you don't think bigfoot exists well I can't expect anymore of you than what you gave. It was the best you could do under the circumstances.

Edited by slabdog

so the bf on the train is named richard??....

;)

stan is probably on the case & will figure this out one way or the other.

im figuring set up / prank but stans been around the block , he'll bust 'em if he catches a hoaxer im sure.

Anyone know the background on this photo? Seems like I saved it from a link from here at some point. I don't make any claims about it.

post-215-0-75061300-1335489056_thumb.jpg

Guest Peter O.

I didn't know Google had a working image search yet. Gorgeous scenery there, I'm pining for the hills...

edit: P.S. I love trains almost as much a bigfoot does.

Edited by Peter O.

People are always getting upset around here because of what the other guy does or doesn't believe. I can't imagine convincing yourself you knew that much about BF.

• Upvote 2

I've ridden that train, the Durango and Silverton, Its a gorgeous trip but I have my doubts about

that being a BF in the picture.

I actually find it depressing that so many people have not only entertained this story but appear to believe it.

I agree!

Whatever. If you want to believe bigfoots hop trains, good for you. I don't buy it. Simple as that.

Trying to elaborate on possible bigfoot behaviors, what they might and might not do, their levels of curiosity, creativity, how they might expand their range; all of this speculating might be fun for some people, but I just think it is a kind of unbridled dreaming. I can be on the fence about a lot of things, but speculation about behaviors, for me, has to be ion context. The context is that bigfoot is not known to exist. Some people say they know it, from personal experience, but until there's a consensus amongst the larger community of people outside hobbyist followers, speculating on how expansive bigfoot behavior is doesn't float my boat. Studying the behavior of what is currently still a cryptid, and undocumented, unknown creature, has not been done to any reliable degree. If I want to speculate, I prefer to keep it within a few steps of what has been documented as factual.

I go up in the mountains frequently, looking for evidence, so I have hope that some will be found. But suggestions about what they might be capable of doing, and then allowing for them to do that, is too big a stretch for me. It's not that I don't have a good enough imagination, I do. I have imagined them doing all sorts of things, being all sorts of places, having all manner of origin, but placing any merit on any of my speculations and imaginings is something I just can't do.

I agree, If BF did half the things people claim, or existed in most of the places people say they see them, there would be no mystery. Maybe I think they exist, but when I see how some can convince themselves of things like BF riding trains, or BF avoiding electronics...or even that a Sasquatch is caught on a trail cam camera over in the Olympic Project Photos thread...I really have to step back and question my own narrow, and getting narrower, idea of what I will accept.

Guest Tontar

That photo looks nicely worked over in Photoshop, desaturating it while leaving a bit of original color, and adding back rich colors to the train and trees. The BF looks an awful lot like a particular frame of Patty, skillfully added in. Nice piece, but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion it was real. A nice bit of promotion for the paper and the event.

Guest Tontar

Looks a lot like the frame on the right in this triplet. It would be easy to extract and use this Patty in any image. Maybe one frame later. Note the exact similarity of the rear legs.

pattywalk2.jpg

Edited by Tontar