Bigfoot And Trains

Squatches hopping off of trains should be noticeable to someone, eh?

That's why it was reported. Somebody noticed.

(Actually, several somebodies have noticed it).

Yeah I was thinking less eyes might make it easier. Or at least more common. Maybe that doesn't matter though. Just a random thought.

7 miles to the West of me, and 1 mile to the East of me are hobo jungles. How many people even know the location of hobo jungles? Does the general public ever notice them hopping freights? Why dismiss this out of hand? I do remain fairly convinced that bigfoot doesn't ride the taxpayer subsidized commuter trains here..........virtually nobody does!

Guest Tontar

You know, there are a lot of things that I can sort of suspend disbelief about, let my imagination wander a bit, but I'm getting this really strange feeling like I'm in a room where someone passed gas and for someone everyone is thinking it was me. Sort of that paranoid feeling. Is all this speculation really serious consideration? Seriously? Or is it just everyone playing along with a joke that seems harmless enough to just play along with?

I find it absolutely beyond credibility that people are honestly allowing for the possibility that sasquatch hop trains like hobos. I think I've asked what the reason they would do it might be. Seems like sasquatch have no limits on what they can do. Go invisible, emit telepathic waves that make people scared or nauseous, emit telepathic waves that make them invisible to the human eye, see infrared cameras, swim miles between mainlands and islands, and now hop trains?!

Yes, humans hop trains. Yes, there are human hobos. Yes, we don't always know where all the hobo camps are, but typically hobo camps are known here and there. If there were sasquatch hobo camps, wouldn't someone know about them? I can't really believe I am even suggesting that as a question. seriously, people think sasquatches hop trains like hobos? Why?

A credible no nonsense witness saw one, that's why. Didn't actually witness anything hop the train, but riding on the train's platform. I don't have a clue how it got there, if it didn't hop it.. unless it payed for the ride.

Admin

seriously, people think sasquatches hop trains like hobos? Why?

Tontar, the only reason I even considered the possibility is because of the source of the report. I respect Stan Courtney, he's a straight up guy and not a hoaxer, attention seeker or any of the like.

Like the rest of us, he can simply be mistaken. It's not a crime. Personally, I think he was hoaxed. The guy he went to visit told him all about it and setup the meet, the place and maybe the time. Stan says the timing was unpredictable. That's my best guesstimate.

I don't for a minute think that Stan is making things up, but simply mistaken or the victim of a hoax.

Edited by gigantor

Guest Tontar

Thanks, Gigantor. I think that's a much more reasonable conclusion. I was not trying to criticize or demean Stan, but considering how many people ride trains, and what a large variety of clothing those people would likely wear, and that the probability of bigfoots actually hopping trains, I figure it had to be mistaken identity at best, and hoaxing at worst. A hoax would be possible if the meeting, the timing and the place had all been pre-arranged by the host, so Stan would see what the host wanted him to see. Nothing like a nice, reliable guy as an observer to an event to forward it as authentic!

And even if Stan saw what he saw, believes what he saw was a bigfoot, it still doesn't answer the improbable reason for the bigfoot being on a train. Why would a bigfoot be on a train? Why would a bigfoot be here or there or elsewhere? There needs to be a legitimate and sensible reason to be there, doing what it is doing. What's next, reports of people seeing bigfoots clinging to the undersides of semi trailers speeding down the highway? After all, trains don't go as many places as truckers do, so snuggling up around the underslung spare tires seems just as reasonable, and easier to accomplish, than hopping trains.

Guest BFSleuth

If you go back and read the accounts given by both Stan and the original witness, the timing of Stan's visit was not arranged in advance. As such in order to perpetrate a hoax the witness would have to have a person in a suit "on standby" in case Stan made an unannounced visit, then have that person hop a moving train in a BF suit.

Have any of you hopped a moving train? Even without a suit it is a dangerous feat. I lost a dear friend to such an attempt. His leg was severed and he bled to death.

It may be a case of mistaken identity, maybe a hobo wrapped himself in a buffalo robe... if skeptics need to cling to something. But hoaxing? I think not really in the cards with this particular sighting.

BFF Patron

Could've been a hobo found a nice muskrat coat at the local Goodwill for that specific trainride too, lol..... but I agree Stan described the timing as not arranged in a way to facilitate the hoax hypothesis.

Sure, and Theresa Caputo has never met any of the people we see her "reading" on Long Island Medium.

Mr. Courtney relayed that there's no way he could've been hoaxed given the timing of his encounter with the person who had been describing his observations of bigfoots on trains. But that presupposes that the guy would've needed a long lead time to arrange the hoax. Maybe he's got a buddy who works that particular rail line and he's in on the practical joke of a gorilla suit that the workers regularly stash between the cars on that run. For all we know, there's a gorilla suit propped up between a couple of cars on that line every day, and all the guy had to do was take Mr. Courtney to the site at the time of day that that train goes by. This is, of course, just one possible explanation. The point is that magic, fakery, etc. work when our brains think we know what's going on and the magician, medium, hoaxer, etc. uses that to advantage.

It may be a case of mistaken identity,

And THAT, is a far more, rational explanation than any thing else.

Guest Tontar

If you go back and read the accounts given by both Stan and the original witness, the timing of Stan's visit was not arranged in advance. As such in order to perpetrate a hoax the witness would have to have a person in a suit "on standby" in case Stan made an unannounced visit, then have that person hop a moving train in a BF suit.

Yeah, okay, so the you think bigfoots hop on trains then. That's your conclusion? Then answer me this, why would they? What would be their motivation, given that the broader culture believes that they avoid humans like the plague. Why would they hop trains like hobos?

Have any of you hopped a moving train? Even without a suit it is a dangerous feat. I lost a dear friend to such an attempt. His leg was severed and he bled to death.

Uh, yeah! Used to do it all the time when we were kids. We'd pick the slow down place before the station, and hop on. Hopping off was the worst part, especially if the rain was not stopping where we wanted to stop! We'd have to jump off on the slow down areas, and mostly it was not that slow. It was a challenge to keep the legs moving fast enough to not fall down.

It may be a case of mistaken identity, maybe a hobo wrapped himself in a buffalo robe... if skeptics need to cling to something. But hoaxing? I think not really in the cards with this particular sighting.

Is that what you think it was, mistaken identity? A hobo in a robe or blanket? You think skeptics need to cling to something? Tell me, other than poking jabs at skeptics that have a desire to make sense of this report, what do YOU think it was? Bigfoots hopping trains? What is it that you want to cling to? That bigfoots might jump trains for a ride, or what? I don't consider myself one of your typical skeptics, but things have to make some degree of sense. Outrageous things, unbelievable things, well, the only thing I feel the need to cling to is a sense of reality and plausibility. No offense to those that really think bigfoots hop trains, but it really does strain the imagination a bit far. I still keep waiting for a good, objective, rational sounding reason to why they would, how they would come to have that behavior, and what they would have to gain by it, and why they should be able to remain completely elusive while doing that.

Why is it so hard to come to a conclusion, hoax, misidentification, real bigfoots hop trains, pick one, and be willing to explain why it sounds the best.

Guest BFSleuth

I'm sorry if you are under the impression that I have 100% indicated I think that bigfoot ride trains, based on my posts here. My position is that Stan and the other gentleman reported to have seen something riding on the train that day, and that Stan seems to think it was a BF. I take Stan at his word on that issue.

My position is that this is a very interesting observation that deserves further research and discussion. I think that based on this report from Stan, a well respected member of this forum, that it would be reasonable to attempt to videotape trains in areas of reported BF activity. Until we have hi def video evidence of this behavior and additional observations this is IMHO simply a very interesting potential behavior pattern of BF. If this is confirmed with video evidence, then it expands our understanding of their interaction with the human built environment and begs the question of why they engage in the behavior.

If I am to speculate regarding the reason(s) why they do this, the possibilities would include transportation without effort, or perhaps simply for fun. The friend of mine who was killed was out with some friends attempting to jump a train for fun. He tripped and the train ran over his leg. Being a pallbearer at his funeral was one of the saddest days of my life.

Then answer me this, why would they? What would be their motivation, given that the broader culture believes that they avoid humans like the plague. Why would they hop trains like hobos?

While I'm of the opinion this sighting is a mistake or worse, it's certainly not up to anyone to provide the reason nor motivation IF the creature indeed were hopping a freight. Just let it flow over you.