Loggers And Bigfoot

Spader

IF you had looked into it first you would have discovered the fact that animals DO notice them. You don't have to buy facts, they are easily searchable on the net.

BFF Patron

A picture is worth a thousand words, even semi-sly wildlife can slink around humans, and sometimes trail cams:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/jul/23/trail-cameras-provide-deeper-insight-into/

Guest Crowlogic

Trail cams are about the best invention ever devised for capturing game photos and in theory bigfoot photos.  The excuses pile up why trail cams fail in this and it has lead to some of the longest stretches of credulity yet as to why they fail.  In some ways inter-dimensional portals now being preached make almost as much sense.  It's magic folks it's magical that's all.............

not buying it

Many subscribe to the idea that anything held to the face or chest area is construed by Bigfoot/ Sasquatch as detrimental, as in fire sticks or weapons to them and there are some who believe Sasquatch view camera’s and such as soul catchers and stealers of their soul.  

not buying it

you have to break out of denial.

It is shown again and again that many animals can detect game cams.

Trail cams are about the best invention ever devised for capturing game photos and in theory bigfoot photos.  The excuses pile up why trail cams fail in this and it has lead to some of the longest stretches of credulity yet as to why they fail.  In some ways inter-dimensional portals now being preached make almost as much sense.  It's magic folks it's magical that's all.............

It's only 'magic' if you don't understand it, or refuse to.  As has been pointed out, trail cams can and are spotted and avoided by certain animals.

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron

I'm reminded of several white-tail deer heading down a parallel ridge crouching low single file and doing the limbo through laurel and rhododendron as I climbed an adjoining ridge probing a research area for stick structures.

I was totally in awe that a long-legged deer could walk and crouch as low, slow and quietly stealthy as they did trying to avoid detection. 

Edited by bipedalist

Have you ever seen one 'running' while crouched?  It is amazing the speeds they can acheive while their bellies are pretty much scraping the ground.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

No, but that would be a real head-turner too.   White-tail in worm-burner mode, sounds funny but what a survival skill. 

SSR Team

Makes all the sense in the world. Few trail-game cams are truly descented or camouflaged and a well known study shows even alpha male coyotes can tightrope around them. Most cams are belted to a vertical tree trunk and stand out like crazy. I recently tried an experiment and did minimal camouflaging and got feedback my cam was found -- honest abe type ptl, though I have caught humans unaware when I have chosen to put efforts into setup.

Here it is..

http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1227&context=icwdm_usdanwrc

I've had deer and wolves staring right at my trail cams.  It did take their photo though.  I don't think an animal sees and avoids them before they go off.

t.

BFF Patron

Makes all the sense in the world. Few trail-game cams are truly descented or camouflaged and a well known study shows even alpha male coyotes can tightrope around them. Most cams are belted to a vertical tree trunk and stand out like crazy. I recently tried an experiment and did minimal camouflaging and got feedback my cam was found -- honest abe type ptl, though I have caught humans unaware when I have chosen to put efforts into setup.

Here it is..

http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1227&context=icwdm_usdanwrc

Thanks for that link which can be saved as  .pdf

I think it is very insightful.  

Bigfoot are predators and intelligent.  They hunt and stalk.  They recognize hunting and stalking behavior when we engage in it. 

One thing folks might do is attempt to interpret their own behavior from the perspective of a bigfoot.  For example, anything carried by a human must be of value to the human, and is potentially either dangerous to the bigfoot (an extension of how they perceive us), or edible (what else is more valuable, other than offspring?).  Either way, objects we carry are of interest to them.

With regard to cameras and other equipment, the discussion has been accurate.  A bigfoot does not need to recognize the purpose or function of a device to realize that it is a foreign object of human origin, and thus potentially dangerous, more so, because it's purpose is unclear.

Trail cams are designed to obtain pictures of creatures that are either unobservant; or observant, but unable to recognize any associated threat; or observant but uncaring.  A trail cam in the bigfoot's environment is a foreign object.  A trail cam mounted on a vehicle or a tent will be less obvious, simply because it may be overlooked as part of the larger human artifact, and a bigfoot is even likely to notice a newly placed camera on a human structure that it visits regularly. 

I recall reading (Honobia?) that the bigfoot actually placed markers to indicate the range at which the cameras stopped reacting to movement.  Friends of mine in Stone County Missouri, after years of activity on their property installed cameras around their home.  What they described to me as happening in the ensuing weeks was classic probing behavior to identify camera range and blind spots in the cameras' coverage.  Objects thrown into the cameras' field of view to activate them, etc.