Loggers And Bigfoot

Spader

BFF Patron

^ one reason to use time-lapse settings and plotwatcher type things instead of motion, heat triggered settings all the time.  

not buying it

you have to break out of denial.

It is shown again and again that many animals can detect game cams.

Trail cams are about the best invention ever devised for capturing game photos and in theory bigfoot photos.  The excuses pile up why trail cams fail in this and it has lead to some of the longest stretches of credulity yet as to why they fail.  In some ways inter-dimensional portals now being preached make almost as much sense.  It's magic folks it's magical that's all.............

It's only 'magic' if you don't understand it, or refuse to.  As has been pointed out, trail cams can and are spotted and avoided by certain animals.

so then if one is caught on trail cam it's a hoax

Makes all the sense in the world. Few trail-game cams are truly descented or camouflaged and a well known study shows even alpha male coyotes can tightrope around them. Most cams are belted to a vertical tree trunk and stand out like crazy. I recently tried an experiment and did minimal camouflaging and got feedback my cam was found -- honest abe type ptl, though I have caught humans unaware when I have chosen to put efforts into setup.

Here it is..

http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1227&context=icwdm_usdanwrc

if I read the table correctly, most of the animals were photographed and did not avoid?

so using that logic most of the BFs would be caught in camera traps

SSR Team

If you put their brain capacity on a par with a canine's yeah.

I get the feeling it's a tad above a canine's though personally.

If you put their brain capacity on a par with a canine's yeah.

I get the feeling it's a tad above a canine's though personally.

who used this study as an example of  some animals avoiding/ not avoiding trail cams and why is there no similar study of BF avoiding/ not avoiding trail cams?

Frankly I believe that the theory, yes theory, that there is little to no evidence of BF on trail cam is not attributable to the intelligence/ superior senses of BF but the lack of BF

apparently this BF critter not only has senses superior to all others in the animal kingdom but also is more intelligent than humans.

still not buying it, makes no sense

still not buying it, makes no sense

That's not bigfoot's limitation, that's YOUR limitation.  

They do a lot that doesn't "make sense" ... but "makes sense" is a wrong, pejorative, phrasing.   What you should be saying is they defy your expectations and assumptions.  

Y' know what?   They defy my assumptions as well.   It's not an obstacle, it's a puzzle.  I'm not sitting here on a forum pouting, I'm going out to the field and investigating.  I want to know HOW they defy my assumptions.

MIB

• Upvote 3

since BF is super aware........

how can 2 guys riding horses with a camera sneak up on one and film it. Wouldn't  the humans , camera and horses create more visual, scent and noise alarm than a trail cam?

In fact how could any human see one ever since they are so stealthy?

Ah, nice strawman from hyperbole.   Well done. 

Sounds like you don't have much outdoor experience.   Some of the answers are obvious to me but I'll point them out for your benefit.   1) Running water generates a lot of white noise which masks the sounds made around it.   FWIW, that's why I don't camp creek-side, I back away a few hundred yards.  I like to be able to hear.   Still, I have to go to the creek for water so there is a period of vulnerability.  2) There is generally a breeze up or down canyons.   Depending on which way the wind was blowing, all scent from the guys, horses, and gear may have been moving away from Patty.   It is hard to smell that which is downwind of you.   This factors into a debate I had with Henner Fahrenbach.  It also factors into a puzzle in my own research area where 'whatever it is' remains upwind even when the wind changes.  3) Horses have a quadrupedal gait, they don't sound like humans moving, so it is very possible Patty knew they were there but mistook them for deer or elk until they rode out of the brush.

There are probably more but that gives you a general idea how naive your assumptions are.

Y' know, I've seen two at different times and probably a third.   Whether they exist or not is a moot question for me .. duh, of course they exist.   Discussion of whether they exist is like sitting around Monday morning rehashing how the football games should have gone.   Should, shouldn't ... absolutely irrelevant.  Even if I agreed, the score from Sunday stands. 

What matters to me is HOW.   I'm not entirely convinced they have any special abilities.   It is at least equally possible we vastly overestimate our own abilities.   If you insist on underestimating your ... foe, enemy, competition, or whatever you choose to call them ... the chances of us achieving our goals (official discovery) rather than them achieving theirs (non-discovery) drops to nil.   We are doing that by insisting we can only be chasing a dumb ape.  

MIB

• Upvote 4

SSR Team

Frankly I believe that the theory, yes theory, that there is little to no evidence of BF on trail cam is not attributable to the intelligence/ superior senses of BF but the lack of BF

Well, your beliefs are wrong.

• Upvote 3

Im afraid cat soldier you just don't understand. If you spend enough time reading about bigfoot on internet forums you'll find every hole and flaw in the bigfoot story has a perfectly reasonable and defensible explanation.

No game cam photos: low population, super aware, ir vision, super hearing, alpha coyotes, and if those fail government conspiracy.

Multiply the time x10 the number of cameras x1000 and it wont matter due to all the reasons above.

MIB, I plussed your post, that's what I would have replied, had I read it this morning. I've sat and chatted with Bob Gimlin back in May, and he's convinced that they never would have had the encounter if they were not on horseback that Oct. day.

Admin

Which brings up the question in my mind, would we have better success if more searches were done by horseback?

I really believe so, and have hopes that our own norseman can do just that. If we were not a full days drive away from each other, I would love to get together with him for a trip or two on horseback.

I recall reading (Honobia?) that the bigfoot actually placed markers to indicate the range at which the cameras stopped reacting to movement.  Friends of mine in Stone County Missouri, after years of activity on their property installed cameras around their home.  What they described to me as happening in the ensuing weeks was classic probing behavior to identify camera range and blind spots in the cameras' coverage.  Objects thrown into the cameras' field of view to activate them, etc.

Probing is definitely noted in behavior around audio traps too. You hear something walk up to them sometimes, then you hear a limb snap off a tree, then swatting near it like it's testing for some kind of trigger. The other great apes will also watch and figure out the lock/ latches on their enclosures and test their integrity. 

Guest OntarioSquatch

since BF is super aware........

how can 2 guys riding horses with a camera sneak up on one and film it. Wouldn't  the humans , camera and horses create more visual, scent and noise alarm than a trail cam?

In fact how could any human see one ever since they are so stealthy?

Roger and Bob came around a bend when they spotted here. There was no way for Patty to see them coming. She was also bending down at the creek, so she couldn't hear them either. Her mistake was that she was out in the open during midday.

My personal belief is that while it does not know what a camera is, it does know that it was put there by humans and that is reason enough to steer clear of it.

Would that include roads, cars, houses, logging sites, barrels, construction equipment, and all the other things put there by humans?

Or just specifically those man made things that happen to collect evidence?

Reason I ask is because I hear this a lot, but in the grand scheme of Bigfoot encounters it just makes no sense.

Edited by roguefooter
  • Upvote 1