Loggers And Bigfoot

Spader

I think that we have no clue about the cognitive abilities of BF.

To speculate is simply that.

I somewhat agree, HOWEVER ...

The probability of success of any particular search method is at least partially reliant on not being out smarted by the bigfoots, SO ... if results are the goal, it is better to over-estimate their intelligence and account for it in the search methodology than underestimate it and fail to account for it.   One leads to success, one leads to failure, and since all we've seen so far is failure or success-by-accident (PGF), I suggest for the purposes of investigation, we need to give them a lot more credit for intelligence than we are right now.  Not just pay lip service to it but continue the same old monkey hunt, but approach it as if we're "competing" with our equals and doing it on their turf.

Just my opinion, of course ...

MIB

• Upvote 1

Ah, nice strawman from hyperbole.   Well done. 

Sounds like you don't have much outdoor experience.   Some of the answers are obvious to me but I'll point them out for your benefit.   1) Running water generates a lot of white noise which masks the sounds made around it.   FWIW, that's why I don't camp creek-side, I back away a few hundred yards.  I like to be able to hear.   Still, I have to go to the creek for water so there is a period of vulnerability.  2) There is generally a breeze up or down canyons.   Depending on which way the wind was blowing, all scent from the guys, horses, and gear may have been moving away from Patty.   It is hard to smell that which is downwind of you.   This factors into a debate I had with Henner Fahrenbach.  It also factors into a puzzle in my own research area where 'whatever it is' remains upwind even when the wind changes.  3) Horses have a quadrupedal gait, they don't sound like humans moving, so it is very possible Patty knew they were there but mistook them for deer or elk until they rode out of the brush.

There are probably more but that gives you a general idea how naive your assumptions are.

Y' know, I've seen two at different times and probably a third.   Whether they exist or not is a moot question for me .. duh, of course they exist.   Discussion of whether they exist is like sitting around Monday morning rehashing how the football games should have gone.   Should, shouldn't ... absolutely irrelevant.  Even if I agreed, the score from Sunday stands. 

What matters to me is HOW.   I'm not entirely convinced they have any special abilities.   It is at least equally possible we vastly overestimate our own abilities.   If you insist on underestimating your ... foe, enemy, competition, or whatever you choose to call them ... the chances of us achieving our goals (official discovery) rather than them achieving theirs (non-discovery) drops to nil.   We are doing that by insisting we can only be chasing a dumb ape.  

MIB

if BF is so smart then why doesn't the creature associate horses with humans and hide?

I have not spoken to one person that claimed having an encounter, yet you have had three?

BTW,

How in hell can anyone achieve a goal of non-discovery?

Ask a politician.

Nice, thought there was officially no such thing as a black panther in the US. 

Read something a while back after another one was photographed that some biologists thought they were actually black jaguars migrating into the southern US.  The muzzle on this one looks more jaguar-like than cougar-like.

Hellbilly I know that black panthers exist at least in North Carolina because I had a sighting when I was younger and I believe a lot of the sightings in other states as well, but even with them we have to do background research because there are dishonest people in the world. http://doubtfulnews.com/2013/11/black-panther-hoax-picture-is-getting-around/

Thanks David NC.  This now reminds me of the huge rattlesnake picture that was going around several months ago. I posted it because the jag didn't seem to mind getting his picture made by a game camera.  

found some to do with loggers.  Old timer tells man after his sighting that he was saved by 2 after a tree fell on him. http://www.gcbro.com/MIontonagan001.htm

Logger has 2 encounters over 3 day period    http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_report.asp?id=3777

Logger truck driver  sees 3 Sasquatch at one time    http://www.bigfootencounters.com/sbs/oxford_countyME06.htm

A google search brings up several so I would have to say Loggers and the Logging truck drivers do see them and face the questions of will I lose my job if I tell? Will I be ridiculed and called crazy if I tell this?

BFF Patron

Hellbilly I know that black panthers exist at least in North Carolina because I had a sighting when I was younger and I believe a lot of the sightings in other states as well, but even with them we have to do background research because there are dishonest people in the world. http://doubtfulnews.com/2013/11/black-panther-hoax-picture-is-getting-around/

I saw a mountain lion cross the parkway at the Linville River near Linville Falls moving down into the gorge in October 1982 as I remember, almost hit his right flank as he passed right by my right front headlight and fender

bipedalist, I have never got to see a mountain lion even though our neighbors less than a mile away had pictures of a mother and 2 cubs taken behind their house. The forest service denied they existed back then and still deny they are in NC now. That Linville gorge area is some beautiful country. Got to get back up there for some hikes. Be heading to Dugger mountain tomorrow to do some hiking, reminiscing about when dad and I used to hunt up there 30 years ago.

When I lived in the foothills of The Great Smoky Mountains National Park, TN side, I saw/watched a cougar right in my back yard. No one really believed me until a neighbor saw it in his garden. I shake my head at these "groups" who deny their existence in this part of the country when not long after my sighting-- 15-20 years ago-- there was a show/documentary on TV about a GSMNP Ranger finding a den, setting up cameras, and getting great footage of a Mother and cubs. Revealed it to the world right there on public television... great, close-up footage.

And it still gets denied??? 

I now live in the Norris Lake, TN area, and a neighbor over the ridge behind me saw one @ a month ago.~

And since then several of the area pets have disappeared.

BUT-- closer to the logger & BF subject-- my friend has just moved to northwest Montana, will be guiding hunts down around the Yellowstone area, and is fixing to take a 2-week horseback trip. Maybe one day I'll get some interesting news from him.  ;)  Or at least some interesting stories.

Just realized that Williamsburg, KY is not too far north of me.

Edited by Foxfire