Conspiracy Theory And Bigfoot

AaronD

Guest Cervelo

Of course heh heh.....no tracks of interest but did see some vultures roosting couldn't find what they were snacking on.

It was getting late and still had to paddle out, which included a little polar bear action trying to get back in the kayak opps & burrr.

As always it was an adventure :)

Cervelo - I still say that video of yours from the great swamp contains 1 or 2 BFs. I really am surprised it was so quickly discounted.

Where can I see the videos? :)

Admin
...He's encountered "survey crews" in plain clothes in white SUVs with government plates? That could have been a description of me yesterday when I was in the field.

So you admit you are one of "them"... :lol:

I've seen plain clothes guys in white Jeeps when I went out to Rachel, Nevada (outside of the Nellis Air Force Base and Area 51)... I went down the unmarked road towards the Area 51 base entry gate but stayed far back. The other person driving on the road wasn't so restrained... he drove up TO the gate, was turned around and arrested by men from four white Jeeps as he was driving away (I watched thru binoculars and high tailed it out of there).

So, white Jeeps are definitely suspicious in my book, though they are likely more expensive SUV's now, lol. Just sayin' :)

No there is probably not a conspiracy at the employ level, it would have to be hire up. I'm sure as in the Dennis Martin case, when the FBI came in they weren't reporting too a park ranger or concession stand worker.

There's probably, maybe, one person in charge at the park level with access, everyone else with access probably sits at a desk somewhere else.

Look at the reports and use intellect...SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE is aware of BF!

I am trying to understand what does this BF conspiracy theory claims.

Usually a conspiracy theory involves a group of people that want to keep a secret hidden from others.

What secret is the US Government (FBI, National Park Service, or Dept. of the Interior?) trying to keep hidden?

That people who go to National Forests and Parks seen BF? That BF is a real creature? That the US Government has a body? That BF is killing people in our NF and NP? That BF is related to humans?

If employees of NF or NP are not reporting BF sightings from visitors up the chain of command, then it could simply be because of the giggle factor or the silliness of reporting sightings of mythological creatures that have not been scientifically proven.

There is not need to invoke a conspiracy theory.

Even if the NF or NP employees have their own BF sighting, I don't see any career benefit for them in reporting it or pushing for scientific research until the scientific community blesses it as a respectable endeavor.

It is very similar to US airline pilots not reporting UFO sightings to their companies or FAA. For fear of career limitations, demotions, or stigma. I don't think there is a conspiracy behind keeping UFO reports coming out from pilots either. Stigma, giggle factor, and career preservation are good enough reasons to keep pilots from going public - despite the fact that many have seen UFOs.

Edited by Explorer

If such knowledge of bigfoot (what they are, where they are, bodies confiscated, etc etc) is held by the government or any entity of power and influence, there is a clear cut motive to keep the rest of us out of the know. Money is power-yes, but knowledge trumps money or any other form of "power". Money can be taken and position can be revoked, but knowledge can not be taken. IMO there is much more to BF than some undiscovered ape.

Thats right. Bigfoot might just make us question our entire evolution and our history on this planet. I truly believe that our past might be a lot different then what we are tought. With this in mind, the powers that be have a strong motive to keep BF secret. If they disclose what they know, it would be like opening pandoras box.

Guest Theagenes

I've seen plain clothes guys in white Jeeps when I went out to Rachel, Nevada (outside of the Nellis Air Force Base and Area 51)... I went down the unmarked road towards the Area 51 base entry gate but stayed far back. The other person driving on the road wasn't so restrained... he drove up TO the gate, was turned around and arrested by men from four white Jeeps as he was driving away (I watched thru binoculars and high tailed it out of there).

So, white Jeeps are definitely suspicious in my book, though they are likely more expensive SUV's now, lol. Just sayin' :)

White suvs are standard issue GSA fleet vehicles so that's what all government agencies get unless they request something different, whether it's Area 51 or the Department of Education.

Now if it's a black SUV. . . :keeporder:

I am trying to understand what does this BF conspiracy theory claims.

Usually a conspiracy theory involves a group of people that want to keep a secret hidden from others.

What secret is the US Government (FBI, National Park Service, or Dept. of the Interior?) trying to keep hidden?

That people who go to National Forests and Parks seen BF? That BF is a real creature? That the US Government has a body? That BF is killing people in our NF and NP? That BF is related to humans?

If employees of NF or NP are not reporting BF sightings from visitors up the chain of command, then it could simply be because of the giggle factor or the silliness of reporting sightings of mythological creatures that have not been scientifically proven.

There is not need to invoke a conspiracy theory.

Even if the NF or NP employees have their own BF sighting, I don't see any career benefit for them in reporting it or pushing for scientific research until the scientific community blesses it as a respectable endeavor.

It is very similar to US airline pilots not reporting UFO sightings to their companies or FAA. For fear of career limitations, demotions, or stigma. I don't think there is a conspiracy behind keeping UFO reports coming out from pilots either. Stigma, giggle factor, and career preservation are good enough reasons to keep pilots from going public - despite the fact that many have seen UFOs.

Good post Explorer. This encapsulates exactly what I was trying to say and the airline pilots are great analogy. If I ever have a sighting that convinces me (and I would love that) the last thing I would do is tell anyone at NPS where I work. I would be here talking about it under a fake username. If BF's existence becomes accepted then that would be a different story. There is just no need for a conspiracy.

And I'm also unclear about what the nature of this conspiracy is. It sounds like its just "They know BF is real." What does that mean? That government agencies have evidence beyond what BF researchers have? Other than sightings, blobsquatch videos, and tracks? Because sightings, blobsquatches, and tracks don't need a conspiracy to dismiss them---they are dismissed by the scientific community and much of the public as a matter of course. Do people think that the government has BF bodies on ice? If so, what is the evidence for this? So far all I've heard is a very dubious anectdotal story about BF bodies being burned after the Mt. St. Helens eruption. Are there other stories?

I'm not someone who just dismisses conspiracy theories out of hand at all. It's just that this one doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Edited by Theagenes

If the American people knew the whole truth about area 51 I think there'd be a lot of hysteria, not to mention rebellion. And yes, I believe sasquatches are involved there as well--call it a hunch.

post-17666-0-66817700-1356468390_thumb.j

Has anyone read this book? It has an article about a researcher named Lindsey Phillips who allegedly took a 20+ minute video of a sasquatch complete with shots as close as 3' away. It was supposedly known as "the Lindsey Footage" Not (Robert) LindsAy footage....but I haven't been able to find it...anyone know anything about it?